• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Answers for master cutter owners!

Conundrum

Awesome, I love knowing I have a POS cutter. :Big Laugh /cry

How do I make these adjustments if I'm using SignGo Lite?

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
after reading everything on this thread, i have the beg the question, "am i the only one with a gerber plotter?" i've only ever used gerber plotters.....started out with the super sprint, moved to the gs15, now have the envision 375 and p2c.....

allstargraphics

Thanks for your help! Just fixed the settings in flexi for my and my master xy-380p. Hopefully I won't have anymore issues with incomplete cuts. :)

Conundrum

My favorite on the master machine is halfway thru a project it just drags the blade thru all of your work and you have to start over...its fun.

Have you figured out why it does this? My machine drags the blade through pretty much everything during the entire job. It doesn't cut all the way through but you can see the scratches. It's annoying as hell.

cutkiller

Have you figured out why it does this? My machine drags the blade through pretty much everything during the entire job. It doesn't cut all the way through but you can see the scratches. It's annoying as hell.

highlight "local", click select, then highlight "current", move your blade where you want the job begin, send the job, then press enter to confirm the "curent" location. DO NOT confirm the "curent" location before the job is 100% sent. Then press enter and the job will start and you should have no issue. Let me know.

zgraphics

I bought a cheapo on ebay and that my second plotter. we only run small jobs. Ill try the setting when i get to the shop. thanks

Another Tip!!

WoW, I havent been on here since 07 (decided to be a firefighter instead, lol) but 1300+ views I sure hope this thread helped some people out:supersmilie:.
Heres another tip for you guys!
That "Blade dragging" you guys mention is more than likely being caused by static discharging on to the board and causing a reset wich screws the plotter up, SOOO try this....
Grab a phillips screwdriver and go to the back of your machine where the rollers slide into, if you have ever watched this area (or listened) you would notice small sparks caused from the bearings sitting on the plastic with no way to ground so it builds up and arcs to the phillips screw. Ever notice roland has metal supports for their rollers? Anyway loosen one screw per side and bring the screw up to where it will contact the roller bearings and this will provide an easy ground for the rollers to discharge all that static.

til next time!

S'N'S

I have a Roland but did buy a cheap Chinese cutter a few years back and had the slice thru the graphic problem when trying to use it with Vinyl Master Pro...worked fine with Artcut. Anyway I contacted VMP and their head tech Tony sent me a patch and it fixed the problem. So it's not always the cutter.

Mark L

WoW, I havent been on here since 07 (decided to be a firefighter instead, lol) but 1300+ views I sure hope this thread helped some people out:supersmilie:.
Heres another tip for you guys!
That "Blade dragging" you guys mention is more than likely being caused by static discharging on to the board and causing a reset wich screws the plotter up, SOOO try this....
Grab a phillips screwdriver and go to the back of your machine where the rollers slide into, if you have ever watched this area (or listened) you would notice small sparks caused from the bearings sitting on the plastic with no way to ground so it builds up and arcs to the phillips screw. Ever notice roland has metal supports for their rollers? Anyway loosen one screw per side and bring the screw up to where it will contact the roller bearings and this will provide an easy ground for the rollers to discharge all that static.

til next time!

Hey Great Tip,
Here is another tip unplug your maching and roll it to the back of the shop.
Make sure your not near anything worth value or that can get damage, and go get a phillips screw driver or you will also need a robertson screwdriver.
Now take the top cover off you see two screw on top now grab the sledge hammer and start beating it to a pulp!!!!!! lol:Oops: oh well I quess I'll use the plotter that never gives me problems..

Alphonse43

Great thread, great tips. I've been running a Roland for many years (at least15,more I think), so I'm with Oldpaint on that one, but still a great thread with loads of advise.
Alphonse43

AKWD

Yes, you can,,
but how many times do you ahve to try to get it right? How many times can you get an accurate cut which is very important for layered vinyl?
And how many feet of cuttings can you get and have it stay on track? And how much babysitting do u have to do to make sure the cutter doesn't screw up the job?

And how much vinyl is wasted redoing mistakes?

And then, finally, how muh time is lost (when it does screw up) hunting down some fix or workaround that no one knows about because fo some non standard technique or firmware requirement.???

Until I learned a few tricks; A few times. Since? None.

This message is hidden because OldPaint is on your ignore list.
gotta love /ignore

Wait... You can ignore? Sweet! *adds as well*

Very odd my 'packet size' is grey out, when checked it only lets me go between 1kb - 16kb, it won't accept 1000kb?

You might be doing what I was doing at first; I was staring at 'Transmission' buffer, not packet size. :D Packet size is greyed out by default; It's not a dropdown in 7.0, but it is a user-editable with an up/down button set on the right.

I haven't opened mine again recently, but instead of moving screws/etc, wouldn't it make more sense just to make yourself a static ground cable from that screw to the case itself? I might try this, as an added level of protection.

#5 If you have a humidifier or swamp cooler(for the summer) USE them to raise the humidity to help discharge the static created. (helpful, but not required.)

The only issue with maintaining a higher humidity, is that while this will naturally help with static, it can also be an issue; As since the position of the board and the static-producers are so close, I wonder if this could also trigger an issue. My guess why more humidity would be better is that while the static discharge may still occur, it happens more frequently and less intense by quite a bit, thus not causing the hardware not to goof up. As mentioned above; Would static grounds from the screws be a better solution?

Edit/Add: I can't find whom commented on it quickly, but just to add; I've gotten well over 30 feet in one run with perfect tracking. My secret on the Master (Which I know you negative people will comment on) is that if I do need perfect tracking, I simply feed the vinyl off the roll so that there is no jarring issues. From my watching of the unit, it is the number one place for issues. Especially on larger rolls, it is just too much material/weight for 2 pinch rollers. It slips, plain and simple. I'm not sure who told me or mentioned it, but I heard a way to really make this easy, is to find 1 or 2 more pinch rollers, add them to the track for that extra grippage.

Bradster941

Hey Great Tip,
Here is another tip unplug your maching and roll it to the back of the shop.
Make sure your not near anything worth value or that can get damage, and go get a phillips screw driver or you will also need a robertson screwdriver.
Now take the top cover off you see two screw on top now grab the sledge hammer and start beating it to a pulp!!!!!! lol:Oops: oh well I quess I'll use the plotter that never gives me problems..

Putz...:rolleyes:

Brands Imaging

ok so...

i grounded my master, and i cant seem to bring it back from the dead...the tech support guy from master (who cannot pronounce "r") told me that the motherboard is shot..

any suggestions BESIDES getting a roland????

Brands Imaging

ok update (if you care)

I re grounded the plotter to the main ground in my building...
cuts like a champ now...however, I cant wait to get a new roland or graphtec..
too much uncertainty