• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone buy a printer from matt c?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SignosaurusRex

Wwwwwwwwwwwell, #@%*$#%@*! Just everlovin Ducky. I'll refrain from any other comments regarding this issue until such time is warranted.

iSign

That is probably the most impressive response to ANYTHING I've ever read on this board.

My thoughts exactly!

Besides being a refreshing opportunity to see someone show a little class, it is also a reminder that I can learn a little from the integrity & sympathy shown by one of the victims of this situation.

iSign

those of you who might have got roped into some kind of funky deal... you might see more into this because you have a lot more info to go on.

As an innocent bystander, what little I can piece together, with a lot less at stake to justify much effort in piecing it together...

I get the impression that if any fraud was involved, it was by an employee. I then assume that in uncovering it, we are learning that an employee ripped off his own boss.

Now that boss has come in here and chose to show some tolerance for the crimes of his employee, but also state that "all hardware that has been sourced through our company will be fully supported as expected."

Based on my lack of information, I was under the impression he would be the sole victim, & his customers were already happy, & now that the double billing irregularities have led to extortion from within... the company would absorb those thefts, sheltering their customers from any suffering.

Anyway, I've since learned that the view from inside the scandal looks and feel different them my uneducated assumptions... but I also assume the my view from out here is not easily seen from in there. I'd like to think I am right & RobertW will make things right with everyone, while also showing forgiveness to his former employee. If I'm mistaken, I'm all ears for other views.

I've seen great people turn to money-grubbing greed machines under the influence of drug addiction. It doesn't make the victims of crime feel much better, but as a friend, I could not help but feel some degree of sympathy & forgiveness. In my mind I was comparing RobertW's views as being something along those lines... not as being complicit in the crimes & posting insincere damage control now...

but hey, what do I know?

Bogie

I get the impression that (a) Robertw makes clanking sounds when he walks; and (b) Jack Bauer likes to party with him.

synikster

Some scarey stuff. I was trying to work out a deal with Matt, as well. On a 48/64 inch Mutoh VJ.

Something sounded odd, when he asked it will be "this price, if purchased before the 28th of this month" Not sure what the rush is but..Hmm?

I guess Id try to work something out elsewhere.

high impact

RW,

Thank-you for your wonderful and insightful post. I appreciate the integrity that you and your company obviously posses.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Boy….. this is a sad development all around for quite a few. I know some that have been burnt in this little stunt and I feel sorry for them. It’s not all that easy to finally decide to bite the bullet and put out quite a large sum of money, to later be told that you have to put out more for equipment these days.

It seems as if Unica Digital has the right to expect full payment, regardless of what was done unknowingly by a company representative, but on the other hand, they now have a captive audience so to speak.

I guess the big question is… do you pay for what you are about to use…. or does the company pick up the tab for an illegal act by one of its own and honor the deal which is in ‘Black and White’ ??

Although Robertw has come forth and said he will honor the machines…. does that also mean he’ll honor the quotes and take the loss ?? That sounds like too large of amount for anyone to bear.

Robertw…. I feel for ya, man. Don’t want to be in your shoes, but judging from your earlier response, you sound like the kinda person that will do the right thing. You’re a very understanding person and should feel good about your life and your values in it. Thanks for sharing and why don’t you think about staying around :signs101: ??….. you’ll probably like it here.

fozzyber

Oh hell, I almost did a 28k deal with Matt. I went with SW instead, not so much for the deal, they were very close in $$, but SW was closer to me.
I thought that if something goes wrong I can be on their doorstep by the next morning. Seams I might have dodged the bullet. Sorry about art unica. It is going to take time for them to recover I'm sure. Too bad about Matt as well
I was talking to him 1-2 mo ago and he was telling me about his upcoming child being born. We all make mistakes, just some are bigger than others, and some can not be forgiven as easly

Jerry

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey SRex....

I just read your last response and started laughing...... not what you wrote.... look at your signature line :tongue:

SignosaurusRex

Update...Without going into too many details, RobertW has called me and assured me that we are paid in full as agreed between Matt and myself. The agreed deal is what it is. No additional/surprise charges, uncompleted training will take place as scheduled, other minor issues as well, will be taken care of by Robert. I still have some questions to answer for myself etc. However as a whole, the situation is "thumbs up" on my end. I know that Robert met with Matt this morning for a considerable length of time. I'll leave any comments regarding the outcome of that meeting up to Robert as I don't know all the details. I am hopeful everyone affected will be met with the same positive results that I have so far, in a timely fashion. My understanding is that there will be some sort of additional information and/or announcement forthcoming.

iSign

Great news Rex. :cool1: \

We compared notes & I saw the easily understood difference in the view of this matter from my shoes, compared to the view from your shoes.

As a potential victim, I think you were rightfully concerned, where those like Pat, Gino, myself and others were more easily ready to praise RobertW for his manner, thus far, in handling his own losses.

Rex, I also want to acknowledge your own professionalism in your even tempered front here on the boards, even while you may have been tearing hair out by the root behind the scenes. (you still have hair right :Big Laugh ) In doing so, you have shown the same exact traits I felt I could learn from in Roberts post.

I can be the nicest guy when the sun is shining... but when the clouds roll in & rain on my parade, I have not always shown as much restraint when I feel there is a guilty party to string up for public ridicule. Thanks for the demonstration by both you guys... & good luck to all the other potential victims.

If Robert can really make things right with everyone, I nominate his company for consideration as deserving the first annual signs101 merchant scholarship.
Of course, I'm in no position to volunteer Fred's money to pay for that... but it's an easy idea to lob out there from the peanut gallery. Anyway, we are watching you robert, & so far your company is looking better then I think the majority would, in your shoes. keep up the good work. I think many business books have shown that truely great successes are built on some degree of failure. Hopefully this is the darkest day & everything turns up rosy in the end.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have received an email from RobertW advising me that he has reinstated Matt as an employee as well as put some new procedures into place internally. He has also asked me to reinstate Matt's privileges here at Signs 101 ... which I have done.

Let's hope this is a case of all's well that ends well. :signs101:

Status
Not open for further replies.