• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone on Facebook? Are social networks really this addictive?

GypsyGraphics

Some high school friends talked me into going on FB, i've since deleted that page and now only have a page where i accept "Sign" friends. I like that MUCH better... limiting it to people with similar interests.... it's a nice mix of a little personal and a little business.

i pop in and see what's up with folks on FB, but i'm not all addicted to the snippets postings there and almost never post anything myself... but here... totally addicted. even here, i read WAY MORE than i post.

if you're in the Signs 101 group on FB, look me up.

iSign

Because this thread seems appropriate?

well it's not really, is it?
I think the question YOU asked is a very interesting one...

a 5 page thread clearly represents a lot of S101 people who have already "been there, & done that" with regards to visiting this thread again at all...

...and even myself earlier today... I saw your link & knew that I had "been there, & done that" too...

...so I didn't click it.. and mark my words, most people will not click it & will continue (as they already are) talking about this threads 2 year old title, and if they are "there" and if it is "addictive"...

I did go back now & look at that link. I think that would be quite an interesting discussion topic.. but somehow being the 119th reply never works quite as well as a "topic starter" in my opinion... but, that's just my opinion.

mikey-Oh

I know this is an old post, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on that video.

i'll bite colin.

as to the title, do you trust facebook?
hell no! it's a corporation, and corporations are all corporationy. of course they will gather all my interests and info into a matrix and try to sell me more shi- i don't need. that's the american way, right? there are glitches though... some reason fb continually tries to hook me up with bbw singles sites, apparently there's thousands in my area. aside from my interest in hip-hop/r&b musicians, there's no provocation for these ads.

to be honest, the whole thing felt like an under-produced alex jones vid.

my golden rule for all internetz: if you don't want people to know, don't post it on the interwebz.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
me neither, stacy.....the other ones were much easier and i think they looked better too.....it actually took me a few minutes to find the "status" box....

SignManiac

I do a cursory glance over in the evening, but by no means do I spend the amount of time on FB that I spend in this place :) It's all about priorities!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I've found our business FB page is far easier to update with news and photos than my website, and so I've been sending new inquiries to the FB page to show them what we do.

With our own FB domain name, it's easy and the networking concept is still valuable...but it's sure easy to burn an hour here and there if you're not careful.

Thanks again to all the Signs101 members who helped me out of my facebook predicament last week.

Since "somebody else" is still ultimately in control of FB, we'll never give up our own web page.

http://www.facebook.com/JarsaCo

JB

petepaz

i am probably on there a little more than i need to be...haha
but the poker game is really good
haven't gotten around to putting the business on there yet
(has anyone's business increased because of facebook?)

Steve C.

I check FB every few days. Some people I know must live on there. I try to
keep my comments on the down-low.

I do like having my Signfonts page on there, and I try not to overwhelm
people with my presence. I'll take all the likes I can get,... Thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/signfonts