• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

applying vinyl on magnets. please help!

J

john1

We aren't buying the dish soap and re-labeling it to sell to customers are we? lol (inside joke to another thread)

anotherdog

Dry mount to slightly oversize magnet, Cut to just inside printed outline, Make a nice folder out of coroplast with a bit of velcro to keep it closed, present to customer with a big smile and printed instructions to take off and clean every week.

ironchef

Thanks again guys. The magnets came out nice. Dry application was easier. I will try the 2 drops of tear free baby soap stuff. Thanks on that tip. I asked my mom where she got the window cleaning and water idea from. She said a proveer rep from back in the day. Customer was happy with two sets of magnets i did for him, 12x24 and the 24x26. He ordered a 18x24 aluminum with the same design for his warehouse. And also business cards. Good deal. Sent biz cards to production. And printed the print for the aluminum sheet. We just got the mimaki cjv a week ago. And getting quoted on a cold laminator. a royal sovereign. They told me i don't need heat assist really, unless I'm doing indoor graphics alot. What you guys recommend?

ironchef

I'm also reading all the media threads for wraps,etc. Its so confusing. So many options. Going to sign up for the next available wrap class. Told my rep to keep me posted.

mc916

Hi new to this site, I have been doing vinyl for about 14 years. I have always tried making my own app fluid. I have never tried rapid tac but I think i will get some to try. The way i have been doing it for the last 5 or so years is no soap just 1/4 alcohol 3/4 water. Will not work good in the sun, the alcohol flashes of to fast. It also takes some practice because it sets real fast. But that is why I like using it because I can move fast with it. One more good point is a good cleaning solution.

SIGNTIME

royal sovereign is what we have and works great... asa far as wrap materials use a cast air release vinyl with matching lam we use oracal for vinyl and for wraps we like 3751RA and lam with 290

Jackpine

Last edited:
I run a couple mutoh valuejet 1614 and i direct print on carsafe mag material with them and lam the mag material afterwards.....we took an old 54" core and cut the lid off a 3m box, and taped it to the core to make a 10" or so flap off the core i load the mag material onto the printer like you normally would except i put our homemade core setup under the mag material to cover the steel on the platen heater run the mag threw the rollers like you would any other material and it prints fine! make magnets much easier and they look way better...weve never done a long run or anything large but ive done 36"x36" magnets no problem