• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are some of you pissed?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Those of you on lock-down, aren't you a little pissed that other people in other states are still business as usual? "All is fine and we're still business as usual. We have lots of work still... lalalaaaaaa"

They are wasting time and eventually they will get shut down too but they are causing this thing to drag on and on. Feds need take harsher action and make all states close for a few weeks. All this loosey goosey shit needs to end quickly and others need to get on the same page so we can end this ASAP

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Dont get mad tex. Some has to do with industry. If you do a lot of retail, the burn comes a little earlier but either way, its all gonna come to a stop here real soon.
I kid when I say its business as usual down here, the phones not ringing here either. I meant that people are all out and about as if nothing is going on.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What good does it do to be p!ssed at someone for something totally outta your control or theirs ??

Put the energy of getting p!ssed off to a better use and use it towards ways to make lemons into lemonade.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Do you honestly believe that the coronavirus is going away?
This strain may disappear, but like the flu the Coronavirus is the new norm. We will see this again in the fall.

Reveal1

Tex, maybe you're getting cabin fever. I don't begrudge anyone whose circumstances are better than mine, and I hope they view it the same. Here in SE MO we have zero cases within a 75 mi radius so our timetable is behind the more affected areas, so why not be able to use the time to prepare, get more financially ready etc.? Guessing it's going to last a couple of more days and we'll be in the same shape as rest of country. Hey, the positive is you'll be on the other side of the curve when we're peaking.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
We might as well be on full lock down here. About all anyone can do is go to their work place and then go home. Many types of businesses are already shut or operating in a limited manner, like restaurants not allowing any dine-in business. Grocery stores are running on dramatically more limited hours to have time to re-stock. And they're FINALLY placing limits on how much anyone can buy of a given product. No more people filling shopping carts sky high with bottled water or toilet paper. If it's likely the state will clamp down harder, ordering all "non-essential" businesses to close, it will get dicey. Restaurants will need to stay open in some capacity due to all the empty shelves at grocery stores. If liquor stores have to close I would expect hoarders to start stock piling beer alongside their stashes of bottled water.

Meanwhile we're just trying to keep our business operational. My boss implored employees to take every precaution possible to not get sick, from sanitary practices to avoiding contact with anyone out in public. And if any do get sick they need to stay at home. It won't take very many employees to get sidelined by this virus for us to just shut down completely.

Johnny Best

Has anyone on this forum had a test to see if you have the virus? It looks like a long wooden stick with a swab on the end they stick up your nose. Then the sample gets sent to lab for test.

WildWestDesigns

Has anyone on this forum had a test to see if you have the virus? It looks like a long wooden stick with a swab on the end they stick up your nose. Then the sample gets sent to lab for test.

Last time that I checked, here anyway, had to have a doctor refer you to testing. They are setting up even drive thru testing, so maybe that limitation will go away, I dunno. If I have it, I'm asymptomatic. Not going to bog down resources when I don't have something to go by, but don't worry I'm not going out any more then I have to (I'm not very social as it is, so this "social distancing", I was doing decades ago).

rossmosh

My business is currently dead (all event related) so being closed or not closed doesn't matter. I think it's good that we're actually listening to professionals for once.

What pisses me off is the legislators are NEVER going to actually listen to less/unbiased opinions on how to handle that side of thing. Already we're seeing businesses with more than 500 employees exempt from paying sick leave. I have no doubt that they'll save the airline industry, giving them billions of dollars, while they'll give Americans $1000/person (not even weighted for cost of living). They're going to use this moment to shift more money and more power to people who already have more than their fair share while we're going to get $1000 which is a joke.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Those $1000 checks they're going to mail to everyone is not going to be free money. Think of it as an advance on any refund you'll get from the tax return you file in 2021.

The previous stimulus efforts worked very much in this manner. The $300 or so I received in 2008 when Bush was still President ended up coming out of the tax refund I received in 2009. The following Obama's administration reduced withholding for a while to everyone's paychecks would be larger up front. But that created a bigger tax liability on the back end.

But, yeah, it's likely big companies and the well-off and well-connected folks are going to do a whole lot better. As the proverb goes, the $#1+ rolls downhill.

One of the hospitals in Lawton set up a drive-thru coronavirus testing station. But anyone getting the tests must have a doctor's referral and meet several criteria. Oklahoma's number of coronavirus cases rose by 5 to 49 as Friday. As far as I know we've had no confirmed cases in Lawton yet. I'm all but certain there are people in town infected with it by now however.

TimToad

Who came up with the 1k offering anyways? I figured they'd do something more prudent, like blanket no mortgage/rent payment per month, then let property owners get a tax credit on rental properties and let the banks figure out how to get some credit on mortgages as well. 1k may help me for a bit, but I don't think the folks in California can pay a house payment and get groceries for that.

By the time this is all over, $1,000 will be like a drop in the bucket for most.

We have a genius here that flew to California and went to Disney Land just last week; he was there the day before they shut it down. Came in today saying he didn't feel good, so we sent his stupid @ss home and told him to get tested. They refused to test him because he didn't "have all three of the main symptoms" and the test kits are in such short supply (read: he's not rich and/or a celebrity).

dypinc

A sobering thought to think about. I hope this is not where it is going and we lose more of our liberties over this.

"This is the story of the little boy who rang a bell in the city center. When asked why, he said to keep away the elephants. When told there are no elephants, he said, “See? It works!”

This is the communist using this “crisis” to implement communism, to keep the elephant virus away by ringing the communist bell of handing everything over to the government.

Phase 1 was gaslighting the sheeple into thinking they will die without government intervention.

Phase 2 is control the people and shutdown their businesses.

Phase 3 is government providing payment for business rents and payroll.

Phase 4 is the government simply stating that since the government already pays for everything that the government now owns the businesses.

Communism complete: Total control of the sheeple and a complete takeover of commerce.

The liberal States of Washington, Pennsylvania, California, Colorado, and New Jersey have implemented martial law, selecting which businesses must close and that the people must stay indoors. This isn’t a quarantine; this is martial law. Just because the communists are using the virus as an excuse doesn’t mean it is not martial law. When the government can tell you to stay home, implement curfews, and shut down businesses, it is martial law. Trump is in on this communist takeover. He is encouraging States to go into martial law and shut down businesses and lock everyone into their homes.

To get the people’s cooperation, the government is buying their cooperation. Each adult gets $1,000; $2,000 per couple but only if they make under $150k. Great, huh? Get taxed to give other people free money. Colorado is giving people a pass on parking tickets as though people can no longer seem to properly park. There are lots of free sh*t stories being reported.

Just as we were moving manufacturing back to America, the communists are closing those businesses making us rely on foreign imports again. Since Trump has surrounded himself with the communist healthcare workers, he is pushing the narrative and supporting “free” money which means both conservatives and liberals, alike, support him and this effort to take over the country by the communists.

We are past the tipping point. Americans are fully endorsing any and all measures. They actually want more closures. The drama queens are begging to have all their liberties taken away in the name of safety. They are begging for their businesses to close, thinking somehow Uncle Sugar will hand them money to live on instead of having to work.

For those of us not so stupid as to fall for this communism propaganda, we have the right to take on jobs and visit businesses of our own free will. This is the liberals taking away our right to choose.

The WHO estimates between 250,000 and 500,000 die worldwide from the flu. China had 81,000 infected of a population of 1.4 billion and have now lifted their quarantines and claim to have no new cases. South Korea with 8,600 cases likewise has seen a tremendous drop in new cases.

This virus so far is the typical flu level symptoms and treatment. Nothing to be taken lightly, but nothing to go and shut down the country for either.

Anyone feel stupid yet?"

MikePro

no need to get pissed.... all the states will soon follow-suit, as nobody wants to be blamed for any result of doing nothing.
Illinois just pulled the trigger, Wisconsin is expected early next week.