• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are some of you pissed?

TimToad

Not sure why you always have to inject your beliefs about someone else's motives or inject politics or something else into it. I was just correcting a math error that basically was creating "fake news".

So where is the injection of my beliefs about someone else's beliefs or inject politics?

You're still apparently stuck on the false seasonal flu comparison narrative, so who is injecting what into the discussion?

EVERY legitimate scientist, researcher, expert, NGO, government agency, etc.... on earth has concurred that this thing is far nastier, more lethal, more transmittable, etc..... That ain't ME injecting my beliefs, that's the WORLD'S medical and scientific community telling us facts about this thing.

unclebun

Yadda, yadda. The guy was dividing by the wrong number from his infographic, creating a factor of 3 difference in his result. That's not worth correcting?

TimToad

Yadda, yadda. The guy was dividing by the wrong number from his infographic, creating a factor of 3 difference in his result. That's not worth correcting?

I also did the mathematical correction, but unless you have the thinnest skin on the planet, I'm not sure how my VERY general comments not directed at anyone would be viewed as they were or were what you asserted. Every single thing I posted is true, reasonable and was sourced from the experts.

TimToad

No one here likes you Tim

"No here here LIKE ME likes you Tim" is the proper sentiment and grammar for your false assertion.

At this time of national unity and pulling together, I'm thrilled to see you getting the message. I guess church was closed yesterday to remind you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:roflmao: you just re-write everything and anything, huh toadster ?? No matter what someone says or offers up, you just twist it around to meet your gummy bear mindset. It must be empty in that head of yours toadie. I mean afterall, nothing you write is any of your own thoughts. It's just what you've copied and pasted from your news stations or frequented websites. It's called "originality" You should try it sometime.

unclebun

I also did the mathematical correction, but unless you have the thinnest skin on the planet, I'm not sure how my VERY general comments not directed at anyone would be viewed as they were or were what you asserted. Every single thing I posted is true, reasonable and was sourced from the experts.

Could be true, but still no need to state them in response to a math correction. YOU made an interpretation of my statement that was YOUR opinion of my motive, when no motive was stated or implied. Then you posted your "sourced information" to make a political/ideological argument against what you inferred to be my beliefs about the COVID-19 virus.

The fact is, the original poster of the thread could have made his argument about the death rate statistics by using the correct numbers to do his math, but by doing the math using the wrong numbers, he was coming out with a threefold overstatement. Correcting that is the right thing to do, no matter whether you think it's the most serious thing that's ever happened on the planet, or the most trivial, or anywhere in between.

Somewhere someone else said statistics don't lie, but in fact statistics DO lie when they are done wrong.

TopFliteGraphics

I was raised by a skeptic. My Dad told me Liars can Figure and Figures can Lie. Many statistics are a great examples of such manipulation. The greatest examples of media manipulations are almost always omissions. Ask yourself, what aren't they telling us? And then, conversely ask, why are they telling us this and not that?

TimToad

Could be true, but still no need to state them in response to a math correction. YOU made an interpretation of my statement that was YOUR opinion of my motive, when no motive was stated or implied. Then you posted your "sourced information" to make a political/ideological argument against what you inferred to be my beliefs about the COVID-19 virus.

No, I didn't. You PERCEIVED it that way. I shared information, plain and simple as well as did the math, which at even 2-3% mortality is exponentially higher than the seasonal flu which millions catch, get treated, have immunities to, blah....blah......blah.......

Your correcting someone else's math error didn't reveal any ideological belief system of yours and I didn't intend any offense or inference about your motives. You are stretching this way out of proportion.

unclebun

If you want to supply additional information, don't quote my post in your post. That makes it a response to my post, or in this case, a criticism of my post, since you started "whatever way you want to slice it or dice it..." and went on to make statements about how severe and infection with COVID would be for those with preexisting conditions, and other things referring to virus-deniers and so on.

My post was about a math error and what calculating death rates means.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Let's keep it going now - UFC has canceled their next 3 fight nights and the only thing more boring than live soccer is taped reruns of soccer.