Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are some of you pissed?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Texas_Signmaker, Mar 20, 2020.

1. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    Here is a common sense, scientifically produced treatise on this without any hysteria, any undo bias, or drama. The other is a video on exponential infection that even the dumbest among us can grasp.

https://www.pbs.org/video/what-we-know-and-dont-know-about-coronavirus-rqdtck/

2. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Yes I feel much dumber having read all this. You believe Trump is a COMMUNIST?

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    toad...... you give all kinds of kudos to this stuff, but yet, you don't practice it. What gives with you ?? Are you that frickin' stupid ?? This is what I was talking about. You're condemning everyone else for making light of the restrictions, not understanding but you find it fine and dandy to spend 2 days lettering a truck. It's alrgiht for you, but nobody else. All you needed to do was put their name and DOTs on it and it was good to go, but NO-o-o-o-o..... not the mighty toadster. You turn it into a 2 day affair. You are a self-centered conceited fool.

Times call for everyone being as obedient as possible, not making excuses to put money in their pocket. It's about prevention, slowing down and saving lives, understanding about your fellowman/woman, but you make it about making money. Nothing more, nothing less. You are evil. Plain & Simple.

4. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

Not sure why you always have to inject your beliefs about someone else's motives or inject politics or something else into it. I was just correcting a math error that basically was creating "fake news".

5. TimToad

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    So where is the injection of my beliefs about someone else's beliefs or inject politics?

You're still apparently stuck on the false seasonal flu comparison narrative, so who is injecting what into the discussion?

EVERY legitimate scientist, researcher, expert, NGO, government agency, etc.... on earth has concurred that this thing is far nastier, more lethal, more transmittable, etc..... That ain't ME injecting my beliefs, that's the WORLD'S medical and scientific community telling us facts about this thing.

6. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    No one here likes you Tim

7. unclebun

Yadda, yadda. The guy was dividing by the wrong number from his infographic, creating a factor of 3 difference in his result. That's not worth correcting?

8. TimToad

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    I also did the mathematical correction, but unless you have the thinnest skin on the planet, I'm not sure how my VERY general comments not directed at anyone would be viewed as they were or were what you asserted. Every single thing I posted is true, reasonable and was sourced from the experts.

9. TimToad

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    "No here here LIKE ME likes you Tim" is the proper sentiment and grammar for your false assertion.

At this time of national unity and pulling together, I'm thrilled to see you getting the message. I guess church was closed yesterday to remind you.

10. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    :roflmao: you just re-write everything and anything, huh toadster ?? No matter what someone says or offers up, you just twist it around to meet your gummy bear mindset. It must be empty in that head of yours toadie. I mean afterall, nothing you write is any of your own thoughts. It's just what you've copied and pasted from your news stations or frequented websites. It's called "originality" You should try it sometime.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  11. unclebun

Could be true, but still no need to state them in response to a math correction. YOU made an interpretation of my statement that was YOUR opinion of my motive, when no motive was stated or implied. Then you posted your "sourced information" to make a political/ideological argument against what you inferred to be my beliefs about the COVID-19 virus.

The fact is, the original poster of the thread could have made his argument about the death rate statistics by using the correct numbers to do his math, but by doing the math using the wrong numbers, he was coming out with a threefold overstatement. Correcting that is the right thing to do, no matter whether you think it's the most serious thing that's ever happened on the planet, or the most trivial, or anywhere in between.

Somewhere someone else said statistics don't lie, but in fact statistics DO lie when they are done wrong.

12. I was raised by a skeptic. My Dad told me Liars can Figure and Figures can Lie. Many statistics are a great examples of such manipulation. The greatest examples of media manipulations are almost always omissions. Ask yourself, what aren't they telling us? And then, conversely ask, why are they telling us this and not that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TimToad

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    No, I didn't. You PERCEIVED it that way. I shared information, plain and simple as well as did the math, which at even 2-3% mortality is exponentially higher than the seasonal flu which millions catch, get treated, have immunities to, blah....blah......blah.......

Your correcting someone else's math error didn't reveal any ideological belief system of yours and I didn't intend any offense or inference about your motives. You are stretching this way out of proportion.

14. unclebun

If you want to supply additional information, don't quote my post in your post. That makes it a response to my post, or in this case, a criticism of my post, since you started "whatever way you want to slice it or dice it..." and went on to make statements about how severe and infection with COVID would be for those with preexisting conditions, and other things referring to virus-deniers and so on.

My post was about a math error and what calculating death rates means.

15. Bubba06

Bubba06 Just Somebody

Feb 13, 2005
    Manning SC
    While in the interim Disasters are horrible, but....
    Hurricanes help to build up the coastal areas of islands, rids the forests of overgrowth, adds nutrients to the ground, lowers temperatures.
    Floods help add nutrients to the ground, relocates fish, adds nutrients to the waters to increase the health of fish.
    Volcanoes add nutrients to the soil, brings precious gems from below the earths surface, releases good gasses (carbon dioxide and hydrogen) into the atmosphere.

I'm just saying folks......Maybe the man upstairs thinks we are overcrowding the earth.

16. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Let's keep it going now - UFC has canceled their next 3 fight nights and the only thing more boring than live soccer is taped reruns of soccer.

17. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Golf is pretty rough.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    There's always the "Hallmark" channel.

:loveya:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. TimToad

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    I actually watched a Cornhole tournament yesterday to see something even remotely sports related. Those dudes are true athletes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Noo! There are some things worse than a worldwide pandemic.

• Agree Agree x 1