• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are some of you pissed?

WildWestDesigns

what really is getting tested going to do? It's not going to make you any better. You should isolate if you are sick no matter if it is cold, flu or corona or the clap.

Testing to see what one has in of itself, no matter what it is, isn't going to make one feel better. It's one step that goes to something else. It gives a path of treatment (if any has to (or can) be taken) and it also serves to get numbers, who had it, how many survived versus how many died from it. It's going to be hard to know if the previous flu deaths were of the garden variety flu or this bad boy. Or does one assume that any and all flu deaths that happened within this time period is assumed to be corona (which brings about it's own problems).

ikarasu

A sobering thought to think about. I hope this is not where it is going and we lose more of our liberties over this.

"This is the story of the little boy who rang a bell in the city center. When asked why, he said to keep away the elephants. When told there are no elephants, he said, “See? It works!”

This is the communist using this “crisis” to implement communism, to keep the elephant virus away by ringing the communist bell of handing everything over to the government.

Phase 1 was gaslighting the sheeple into thinking they will die without government intervention.

Phase 2 is control the people and shutdown their businesses.

Phase 3 is government providing payment for business rents and payroll.

Phase 4 is the government simply stating that since the government already pays for everything that the government now owns the businesses.

Communism complete: Total control of the sheeple and a complete takeover of commerce.

The liberal States of Washington, Pennsylvania, California, Colorado, and New Jersey have implemented martial law, selecting which businesses must close and that the people must stay indoors. This isn’t a quarantine; this is martial law. Just because the communists are using the virus as an excuse doesn’t mean it is not martial law. When the government can tell you to stay home, implement curfews, and shut down businesses, it is martial law. Trump 2020 is in on this communist takeover. He is encouraging States to go into martial law and shut down businesses and lock everyone into their homes.

To get the people’s cooperation, the government is buying their cooperation. Each adult gets $1,000; $2,000 per couple but only if they make under $150k. Great, huh? Get taxed to give other people free money. Colorado is giving people a pass on parking tickets as though people can no longer seem to properly park. There are lots of free sh*t stories being reported.

Just as we were moving manufacturing back to America, the communists are closing those businesses making us rely on foreign imports again. Since Trump 2020 has surrounded himself with the communist healthcare workers, he is pushing the narrative and supporting “free” money which means both conservatives and liberals, alike, support him and this effort to take over the country by the communists.

We are past the tipping point. Americans are fully endorsing any and all measures. They actually want more closures. The drama queens are begging to have all their liberties taken away in the name of safety. They are begging for their businesses to close, thinking somehow Uncle Sugar will hand them money to live on instead of having to work.

For those of us not so stupid as to fall for this communism propaganda, we have the right to take on jobs and visit businesses of our own free will. This is the liberals taking away our right to choose.

The WHO estimates between 250,000 and 500,000 die worldwide from the flu. China had 81,000 infected of a population of 1.4 billion and have now lifted their quarantines and claim to have no new cases. South Korea with 8,600 cases likewise has seen a tremendous drop in new cases.

This virus so far is the typical flu level symptoms and treatment. Nothing to be taken lightly, but nothing to go and shut down the country for either.

Anyone feel stupid yet?"
It's thinking like this that makes having a lock down necessary. Just typical flu level symptoms? In italy someone is dying every 3 minutes. They had 750 deaths in a 24 hour period, 400 deaths in the 24 hour period before that, and another 400 deaths in a 24 hour period before that... and it goes on and on. Theyre currently at a 7% Mortality rate in italy. Yes, their mortality rate is going to be higher because they have the highest amount of elders than any other country, but it just goes to show all of the older generation, which I believe is a lot of S101 people are at risk - even if you don't fall into that group, you shouldn't be willing to risk others health just because you want to work, or be free to go wherever you want.

It's not in your backyard so you don't see it as a problem. So you go on your merry way ignoring everything because god forbid the government asks you to only go out for essentials, and you spread it even more. Every state / province is trying to slow down and stop the spread, but people are too stupid to listen and ignore it.

This isn't err my gawd theyre taking my guns away, This is a real pandemic. Mad the economy is going to the shitter because of a shutdown? Guess what kills it more? having your countries whole health system get overwhelmed.

WHO stats say 31,000 people died last year from the flu - We're at 11,000 already in 2 months of the coronavirus, and it only just started to spread to the biggest populations recently. Thats 11,000 that they confirmed was the cornavirus - They're not testing everyone. China had thousands of deaths before they even admitted they had a viral outbreak, so none of those are included in the stats. 11,000 in pretty much China, Italy, Spain and Iran - It's about to get a lot worst, a lot quicker. USA / Canada and Mexico are just starting to get hit - All the Medical directors are saying our system can't handle the wave thats about to come. Everyone should have shut down long ago, before it spread the way it has. Now it's likely too late - But shutting down is still better than not.

But by all means... If you feel like the government is oppressing you, and it's your god given right to roam around in an epidemic... feel free, Darwinism will work it's magic.

Last edited:

neutrinocv

A sobering thought to think about. I hope this is not where it is going and we lose more of our liberties over this.

"This is the story of the little boy who rang a bell in the city center. When asked why, he said to keep away the elephants. When told there are no elephants, he said, “See? It works!”

This is the communist using this “crisis” to implement communism, to keep the elephant virus away by ringing the communist bell of handing everything over to the government.

Phase 1 was gaslighting the sheeple into thinking they will die without government intervention.

Phase 4 is the government simply stating that since the government already pays for everything that the government now owns the businesses.

Communism complete: Total control of the sheeple and a complete takeover of commerce.

The liberal States of Washington, Pennsylvania, California, Colorado, and New Jersey have implemented martial law, selecting which businesses must close and that the people must stay indoors. This isn’t a quarantine; this is martial law. Just because the communists are using the virus as an excuse doesn’t mean it is not martial law. When the government can tell you to stay home, implement curfews, and shut down businesses, it is martial law. Trump 2020 is in on this communist takeover. He is encouraging States to go into martial law and shut down businesses and lock everyone into their homes.

To get the people’s cooperation, the government is buying their cooperation. Each adult gets $1,000; $2,000 per couple but only if they make under $150k. Great, huh? Get taxed to give other people free money. Colorado is giving people a pass on parking tickets as though people can no longer seem to properly park. There are lots of free sh*t stories being reported.

Just as we were moving manufacturing back to America, the communists are closing those businesses making us rely on foreign imports again. Since Trump 2020 has surrounded himself with the communist healthcare workers, he is pushing the narrative and supporting “free” money which means both conservatives and liberals, alike, support him and this effort to take over the country by the communists.

We are past the tipping point. Americans are fully endorsing any and all measures. They actually want more closures. The drama queens are begging to have all their liberties taken away in the name of safety. They are begging for their businesses to close, thinking somehow Uncle Sugar will hand them money to live on instead of having to work.

For those of us not so stupid as to fall for this communism propaganda, we have the right to take on jobs and visit businesses of our own free will. This is the liberals taking away our right to choose.

The WHO estimates between 250,000 and 500,000 die worldwide from the flu. China had 81,000 infected of a population of 1.4 billion and have now lifted their quarantines and claim to have no new cases. South Korea with 8,600 cases likewise has seen a tremendous drop in new cases.

This virus so far is the typical flu level symptoms and treatment. Nothing to be taken lightly, but nothing to go and shut down the country for either.

Anyone feel stupid yet?"
Have you been hiding in a bunker somewhere in the wooded hills since 1965..?? Communists ? Communists ? Communists !!!

People getting sick and dying all over the world from a virus and all you can do is blame the "Communists". Man you are seriously brainwashed and deranged; you're probably more dangerous than this virus that we're all (well most of us) trying to eradicate.

You'll be going make it Great again allright...

DPD

And what do we do about China and then our supply chain when this ends? Seems nobody is talking about this.

TimToad

And what do we do about China and then our supply chain when this ends? Seems nobody is talking about this.

There are warehouses around the world piled sky high with nearly every product that humans consume. Once quarantines and shipping stoppages end, those products will be moved just like they always were.

neutrinocv

China was the first one in and will be the first one out; they'll be ready for anything you may need from them. Just how much taxes (import fees) Mr T. will make you pay for that; that's another story... Besides; TimToad is right, warehouses are stocked pile high.

TimToad

China was the first one in and will be the first one out; they'll be ready for anything you may need from them. Just how much taxes (import fees) Mr T. will make you pay for that; that's another story... Besides; TimToad is right, warehouses are stocked pile high.

They also will be feeding their people with the agricultural commodities they now buy from Russia instead of U.S. and other farmers around the world. That trade war was a nice end around to the sanctions in place and have rewarded Putin and his cronies very nicely who likely aren't stopping exports to their new business partners in China, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Venezuela, etc.....

neutrinocv

They also will be feeding their people with the agricultural commodities they now buy from Russia instead of U.S. and other farmers around the world. That trade war was a nice end around to the sanctions in place and have rewarded Putin and his cronies very nicely who likely aren't stopping exports to their new business partners in China, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Venezuela, etc.....
A Chinese wiseman once said:
"Smart is to always check the direction of the wind before you spit in the air so you know which way to step out."

I guess somebody wasn't smart...

Gene@mpls

Anyone feel stupid yet?"

Wow... just... wow.

Johnny Best

A Chinese wiseman once said:
"Smart is to always check the direction of the wind before you spit in the air so you know which way to step out."

I guess somebody wasn't smart...

I think you have that Chinese wiseman confused with Jim Croce...

"You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim"

That wise old Chinaman was Confucius...
"girl who slide down bannister have no hair by crackie"
and...
"girl who fly upside down have dirty crack up"

ikarasu

11,000 already in 2 months of the coronavirus.

To put it into perspective for those who don't think it's a big deal. Last night we were at 11,000 - today we're at 12,979 deaths. an 18% increase in deaths overnight. Italy reported 793 deaths in the past 24 hour period. Italy has a population of 64 million... Less than the population of California and Texas combined. Once it gets more wide spread in america, which it's already starting to... imagine what USA numbers will be. The percentage seems low, but again... only 4 countries have been hit hard by the virus so far, it's coming and no Country is / can be prepared for it.

Is a shutdown the answer? I don't know, It seems to be effective in the places a shutdown has happened... But we dont know when / how strong it's going to come back once the shutdowns are lifted - so maybe a shutdown is useless. But it's better to be safe than sorry - you can always re-build an economy, rebuild a shop... you can't get back lost loved ones. I'm sure every single person here knows someone who is in the at-risk category and this disease could be potentially life threatening to them - Heck... theres some 20 year olds in USA hooked up to ventilators unable to move due to the virus - china downplayed everything, it affects everyone - Just because you do not die from it, doesnt mean theres no long term disabilities, doesn't mean 1000 people wont be in the hospital at once causing people to die because our medical teams dont have the resources to treat them. The shutdown is to flatten the curve so we have a chance at surviving with the least amount of casualties. It still amazes me looking out the window seeing 20 kids in the park across the street, when the firehall that is also within eyesight is shut down and on quarantine because all 11 firemen in the hall were first responders to someone who tested positive to the virus, and they had zero protective equipment on and could be infected - some people ignore all warnings and advice and continue on like nothing is happening. I don't think this is an end all virus, but I do think if people just listened... none of this would be necessary.

To answer the original question... I'm not in a shut down area, but you can probably tell I'm pissed that I'm not in one. as well as pissed the other provinces/states are not in one - to be effective everything should be happening at once, not in stages. Our work is really busy with a few huge projects on the go - everyone (Including the owner) Is hoping for a shutdown soon though. A lot of us will be bringing as much work home with us - I'll personally be bringing 25 rolls of vinyl that needs to be cut, weeded, premasked and applied to 100,000 street blades... so it's not like being on shutdown is a vacation for employees, at least not all - we're lucky enough we can keep working from home (My boss was worried when I bought a printer/laminator/cutter a year ago.. now I bet he's happy!) . Just remember - while you're stressed about what this will do to your business,they understand and are stressed about what it'll do to their jobs - it hurts them more than it likely hurts you. People arent being lazy wanting a few weeks off, they just want this whole thing to be over with.

I get not everyone can just close down - Have to wait for it to be government mandated so that you can provide for your employees, hopefully it happens soon - until then I hope you guys are all taking precautions! We have all doors locked with signs pointing to our shipping bay door, customers / delivery drivers are to ring a bell to get it open, then theres a pickup / dropoff area so our shipping/receiving crew don't have to go near anyone. All sales reps / office people are also working from home when possible - We bought 100 liters (Overkill) Of alcohol, 50 spray bottles and everyone has their own 70/30 solution to wipe their stations down as needed, as well as made a few gallons of hand sanitizer out of aloe gel and alcohol for everyone to take home some sanitizer / spray bottles to keep them safe at home.

It may seem overkill to some, and it likely is - but better safe than sorry!

unclebun

You're dividing deaths by total recovered. You have to divide by the number of cases. And this infographic is showing only laboratory confirmed cases. The number of actual cases would be a much larger number because the majority of cases are not laboratory confirmed. Try doing the same math of influenza deaths divided by laboratory confirmed cases.

TimToad

You're dividing deaths by total recovered. You have to divide by the number of cases. And this infographic is showing only laboratory confirmed cases. The number of actual cases would be a much larger number because the majority of cases are not laboratory confirmed. Try doing the same math of influenza deaths divided by laboratory confirmed cases.

Whichever way you want to slice it or dice it, its bad and far more lethal than the typical flu. It's compounding effect on those suffering from secondary heart, lung, respiratory illnesses, etc.... is not to be ignored.

Even at the 2.33% rate among those able to be lab tested and confirmed is exponentially higher than the seasonal flu. With a huge swath of the world not even technologically able to test, track or report for this virus or most others, we have to assume that infection rates in those countries are similar or possibly worse.

Nor should we ignore the permanent lung damage being observed in those recovering from it.

We have over 25 million asthmatics and as many COPD, emphysema, etc.. sufferers in the U.S., and many get the seasonal flu, but relatively few die from them thanks to vaccines, built up immunities, proven therapies, prophylactics and easy access to healthcare for the vast majority of them.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, if this thing is as contagious as some of you are saying, we're ALL gonna get it. Maybe not this week or even month, but according to your statistics, we're gonna get it. So, while we honker down and hide our heads in the sand..... and others go out and do there merry best at doing nothing, what is the solution people ?? You're all good at condemning and poking holes in everyone's theories and expectations, but you don't know yourself. You're just going by whatever news station or pie chart on the website or news station you're listening to, huh ?? You're just good at helping spread panic and fear. Which one of you doctors can tell me what the statistics are after you've been tested and might be free and clear can contract it 2 days later ?? Or a week later ?? Where are those statistics ??

C'mon people get a grip. We're all in this, but no sense being the Grim Reaper..... or is that a good thing for your kind ??​

Ya know, if this thing is as contagious as some of you are saying, we're ALL gonna get it. Maybe not this week or even month, but according to your statistics, we're gonna get it. So, while we honker down and hide our heads in the sand..... and others go out and do there merry best at doing nothing, what is the solution people ?? You're all good at condemning and poking holes in everyone's theories and expectations, but you don't know yourself. You're just going by whatever news station or pie chart on the website or news station you're listening to, huh ?? You're just good at helping spread panic and fear. Which one of you doctors can tell me what the statistics are after you've been tested and might be free and clear can contract it 2 days later ?? Or a week later ?? Where are those statistics ??

C'mon people get a grip. We're all in this, but no sense being the Grim Reaper..... or is that a good thing for your kind ??​

Yes, there is a good chance we'll all get it eventually. Key word: eventually. If absolutely no precautions are taken and it spreads so rapidly that millions of people need to be hospitalized at once, then things aren't going to end well. But if those people can be spread out over the next 6 months it becomes a lot more manageable. That's why everyone is talking about "flattening the curve" by shutting things down, not completely eradicating the virus. Yes, it will still spread. Yes, most people will probably get it eventually, but not everyone at once, that's the point of all this.

We don't have the statistics you are asking for, because this has only been around for 3 months as opposed to decades of data for influenza. That's why this needs to be treated so seriously.

TimToad

Yes, there is a good chance we'll all get it eventually. Key word: eventually. If absolutely no precautions are taken and it spreads so rapidly that millions of people need to be hospitalized at once, then things aren't going to end well. But if those people can be spread out over the next 6 months it becomes a lot more manageable. That's why everyone is talking about "flattening the curve" by shutting things down, not completely eradicating the virus. Yes, it will still spread. Yes, most people will probably get it eventually, but not everyone at once, that's the point of all this.

We don't have the statistics you are asking for, because this has only been around for 3 months as opposed to decades of data for influenza. That's why this needs to be treated so seriously.

Here is a common sense, scientifically produced treatise on this without any hysteria, any undo bias, or drama. The other is a video on exponential infection that even the dumbest among us can grasp.

https://www.pbs.org/video/what-we-know-and-dont-know-about-coronavirus-rqdtck/

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

"

Anyone feel stupid yet?"
Yes I feel much dumber having read all this. You believe Trump is a COMMUNIST?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
toad...... you give all kinds of kudos to this stuff, but yet, you don't practice it. What gives with you ?? Are you that frickin' stupid ?? This is what I was talking about. You're condemning everyone else for making light of the restrictions, not understanding but you find it fine and dandy to spend 2 days lettering a truck. It's alrgiht for you, but nobody else. All you needed to do was put their name and DOTs on it and it was good to go, but NO-o-o-o-o..... not the mighty toadster. You turn it into a 2 day affair. You are a self-centered conceited fool.

Times call for everyone being as obedient as possible, not making excuses to put money in their pocket. It's about prevention, slowing down and saving lives, understanding about your fellowman/woman, but you make it about making money. Nothing more, nothing less. You are evil. Plain & Simple.

unclebun

Whichever way you want to slice it or dice it, its bad and far more lethal than the typical flu. It's compounding effect on those suffering from secondary heart, lung, respiratory illnesses, etc.... is not to be ignored.

Even at the 2.33% rate among those able to be lab tested and confirmed is exponentially higher than the seasonal flu. With a huge swath of the world not even technologically able to test, track or report for this virus or most others, we have to assume that infection rates in those countries are similar or possibly worse.

Nor should we ignore the permanent lung damage being observed in those recovering from it.

We have over 25 million asthmatics and as many COPD, emphysema, etc.. sufferers in the U.S., and many get the seasonal flu, but relatively few die from them thanks to vaccines, built up immunities, proven therapies, prophylactics and easy access to healthcare for the vast majority of them.

Not sure why you always have to inject your beliefs about someone else's motives or inject politics or something else into it. I was just correcting a math error that basically was creating "fake news".