• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery vs ?

LMSigns24

avery

I am still going to continue to use Avery because it has treated me good, but I am going to check into the Oracal. I am happy to hear some others are using avery and have not had problems. Thanks everyone!

Ken

Been using Avery for 4 years now.
I am noticing a couple of small reflective signs that are peeling, could have been me ( contamination on substrate)..jury's still out.
Otherwise, no prob with A6 - A9.
Ken

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I have used Orical but since my introduction to Shineright I tend to favor it. I've used some Arlon but not enough to know how well it lasts.
Welcome from OK

Hollywood

Avery is JUNK JUNK JUNK. I had a tractor trailer wrecker I had come back, Avery reflective white, the only Avery i used. Now ORACAL ONLY. I LOVE IT

Techman

I love it,, They say

" I use Avery and never had a problem with it...Except when" etc..

NEver had a problem but then had a problem is a sure state of denial..

MrKoob

Supposedly the "straw that broke the camel's back" was when Avery was at a Tradeshow, they had hung a very large promotional banner on the wall. The first day, the reps explained that everything was fine and that it still was an end-user application error. Well the 2nd day the vinyl had shrank (or shrunked) so bad tha it embarrased the reps and fully exposed the problem. The bigger issue was that they weren't even admitting fault to their distributors until finally everything literally fell apart. Not sure if the problem was with the reps or a "higher up person". Probably the latter.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Today he uses no Avery in his business.

I worked for a guy that insisted on using the Avery Reflective on a fleet of police cars. I was the one that had to peel all that crap off and re-apply it...sometimes up to 4 times on several cars.

Now that I'm on my own (and compteting against him), I won't even use it on temparary signs.

I have been asked why my prices are higher than his, and I break out the scrapbook of crappy vinyl done by others in the area, and let them know real quick that I only use 3M.

511graphix

orical all the way....unless I have a color mach in Arery A6 then I buy it but when its gone I dont replace it. I just cant cut it or weed it......Orical is like butter on my panther LOL

I just cringe when I hear the horror stories about defective product, I know how hard we all work to provide a great product and service to our customers.....only to be let down by our suppliers.

I have for the last 7 years used Arlon and Oracal......zero problems.

Don't need the hassle of re-doing any job.....think I'll stick to what I know works.

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2: