• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Booze in the shop?

signage

:doh: Now come all of you, why do you think Rapid Tac smells like vanilla, to cover the whiskey breath:omg::Big Laugh

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah.... and if ya put it outside right about now..... you can have a milkshake. :rolleyes:

Flame

Joe that's an opinion coming from someone who obviously has no self control. Not everyone is a drunken derelict. I have no problem with mind altering substances and they've had no problems with me. MODERATION**********************

Evil comes in many forms, but does not become evil until the loss of moderation.

I just made it up, but I think it fits? :help

OldPaint

sign maniac, i have know many an "addict" that said the same thing you do)))))
like i said, IF YOU NEED(meaning you have to have)............. to indulge,........then its already got ya)))))
the best line i heard over and over was: i work everyday, dont beat my wife, raise my kids, never miss work, so what if i drink it dont hurt me...............so your right, a lot of people become accustom to being buzzed............as long as it dont interfere with their work/life, BUT ONE DAY..........
ALSO.......i never met one alcoholic.............that made it his primary vocation........TO BE A DRUNK........it just happened))))

Last edited:
C

ColoPrinthead

We don't do a whole lot of overtime. But when we do we try to get our guys in early. We'll start at 5 am, and try to get everyone out by 5.

I guess I'm lucky in that I can set my hours when doing so much time. People only care when I come and go if I'm doing just my regular 42-45 hours a week.

Since crack was brought up I'll mention that a digital press op I worked with out here used to smoke weed on breaks and told me about a former employee who would smoke crack in the bathroom. I also worked witha guy in Dallas who stole and sold a company car for crack, and still kept his job after he was caught!

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I'll stick to one of these a day to keep the "winter blues" away :)

Attachments

• 2163.jpg
    2163.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 106

Caitlin

Personally I have enough trouble focusing as it is, especially by the time Friday rolls around. And it takes me somewhere around 1 drink to start losing focus.

MrSalumi

We usually start drinking at breakfast. So.....

No, it's a huge liability for the owner and employees.. But it's happened on occasion.

klingsdesigns

Def not while working.. i could see a friday hour before done and enjoy the last hour with a few beers to honor good work, but thats it.

Mosh

no one here works Saturdays? I don't drink at the shop, until after 5 when I lock the door.

Baz

Definately not during working hours maybe 1 or 2 beers after 5-6 oclock but thats about it but it is also rare ... If i am in the shop .. That means i need to get work done.

Once i get home thought ... I do enjoy a little bit of alcohol to relax. If you want to say i have a problem, then so be it. Love me for who i am or **** off!

C

ColoPrinthead

You guys posting pics are making me wish I'd picked up some beer at lunch. I have a feeling I'm going to wind up staying late again tonight.

Sure we do, Mosh
picture.php

CP Signs

My little beer fridge. I always have, people over. In the loft at the shop, I have guitars and a set of drums and recording gear. It's a hang out place.

ForumRunner_20130124_175827.png

SignosaurusRex

“If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic”. ~Author Unknown

”It is most absurdly said, in popular language, of any man, that he is disguised in liquor; for, on the contrary, most men are disguised by sobriety”. ~Thomas de Quincy, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater, 1856

“Drink the first. Sip the second slowly. Skip the third”. ~Knute Rockne

There is always a time and place for the booze...sometimes it includes the place where deals are struck and issues resolved.
I have found it not uncommon for deals to be discussed over a shot of whiskey or a cold beer and sealed with a handshake and sometimes one more drink between gentlemen before papers are drawn. In some cases the 'Good Ol' Boy' club is where sh** gets done.

Last edited: