• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Building your own laminating table?

player

My Fayon Laminator just turned up 3 weeks ago, I could write an entire essay on the disappointment with my flatbed Laminator.

The table frame is uneven, when the roller runs over it creases the vinyl and creates bubbles throughout the whole length of the laminator. The steel is rusty when the paint has been scratched. Looks like the frame has been left in the weather for long time.

The roller has already fallen off the machine and broken the heater core (Second Day), Cables too short and jammed between the steel casing and LED’s flicker randomly

I was told they have seen the manufacturing issue before and their only recommendation is pack steel between the supports to support the glass ;\ to level it,

With the glass weighing 300kg so not looking forward to lifting up and down without breaking it. With 13 supports have gaps ranging from 1 to 4mm so its going to be a roulette game to find which one needs supporting and which ones doesnt.

I offered to pay for one of their experienced engineers with the correct tools to fly over but they advise they are too busy to fix the issue and won’t provide any assistance or compensation.

I would highly recommend to stay away from this machine and pay for a named brand who supports there products locally or spend the time building your own.

Also it only sits at 80cm high so very painful working height unless your 5ft tall

I would highly recommend to stay away from this table (I can’t even call it a laminator), what a waste of $10,000k.

After doing some further research i found 3 people who bought these locally and they also similar manufacturing issues

View attachment 117075 View attachment 117076 View attachment 117077

How many adjustable legs does it have? You could use a laser level to try to get it level.

Can you modify the legs to be longer to raise it up to a more comfortable height?

Geoff897

It has 6 legs, They have the casters and then a single 12mm thick screw peg type foot where you can screw/raise it maybe maybe 50mm at most.
1m is comfortable table height so needs to be almost 200mm higher, With the weight and size of the standard legs i would not trust the 12mm screw bolt raising it 200mm. Table weight is about 800kg glass is about 300kg

I have used the laser level to level the table so that is not it, Its the supports holding the glass that are uneven, When the roller goes over the glass its dips a different amount over each of the 13 supports creating the bubbles. Each of the 13 supports needs a different thickness to support the glass with just the weight of the roller running across it. The dips are also not the whole width of the table so some will need supports ie. 3mm 800mm long some 2mm 300mm long across the 13 supports

We purchased this machine and thought it was going to save me so much time and money instead its sitting in the corner because we have already wasted 20+ hours going around in circles with sales/support and 200+ meters in materials trying different solutions all while trying to run business as usual.

Most surprising thing is they have seen the issues before and havent thought to fix it. They have stopped taking our calls and left with the issues to fix ourselves.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
It has 6 legs, They have the casters and then a single 12mm thick screw peg type foot where you can screw/raise it maybe maybe 50mm at most.
1m is comfortable table height so needs to be almost 200mm higher, With the weight and size of the standard legs i would not trust the 12mm screw bolt raising it 200mm. Table weight is about 800kg glass is about 300kg

I have used the laser level to level the table so that is not it, Its the supports holding the glass that are uneven, When the roller goes over the glass its dips a different amount over each of the 13 supports creating the bubbles. Each of the 13 supports needs a different thickness to support the glass with just the weight of the roller running across it. The dips are also not the whole width of the table so some will need supports ie. 3mm 800mm long some 2mm 300mm long across the 13 supports

We purchased this machine and thought it was going to save me so much time and money instead its sitting in the corner because we have already wasted 20+ hours going around in circles with sales/support and 200+ meters in materials trying different solutions all while trying to run business as usual.

Most surprising thing is they have seen the issues before and havent thought to fix it. They have stopped taking our calls and left with the issues to fix ourselves.

Sounds like you are stuck with it. If the manufacturer is not going to help maybe you can find a local machine shop to take a look and see if they can true up the supports under the glass.
A full service shop should be able to handle it.
Worse case make friends with an auto body collision shop that has a frame rack & laser scanning set up. If they can't tweak the table with their frame pulling tools ask them if you can use the rack to rip your table into smaller bits......

wayne k
guam usa

bigben

My Fayon Laminator just turned up 3 weeks ago, I could write an entire essay on the disappointment with my flatbed Laminator.

The table frame is uneven, when the roller runs over it creases the vinyl and creates bubbles throughout the whole length of the laminator. The steel is rusty when the paint has been scratched. Looks like the frame has been left in the weather for long time.

The roller has already fallen off the machine and broken the heater core (Second Day), Cables too short and jammed between the steel casing and LED’s flicker randomly

I was told they have seen the manufacturing issue before and their only recommendation is pack steel between the supports to support the glass ;\ to level it,

With the glass weighing 300kg so not looking forward to lifting up and down without breaking it. With 13 supports have gaps ranging from 1 to 4mm so its going to be a roulette game to find which one needs supporting and which ones doesnt.

I offered to pay for one of their experienced engineers with the correct tools to fly over but they advise they are too busy to fix the issue and won’t provide any assistance or compensation.

I would highly recommend to stay away from this machine and pay for a named brand who supports there products locally or spend the time building your own.

Also it only sits at 80cm high so very painful working height unless your 5ft tall

I would highly recommend to stay away from this table (I can’t even call it a laminator), what a waste of $10,000k.

After doing some further research i found 3 people who bought these locally and they also similar manufacturing issues

View attachment 117075 View attachment 117076 View attachment 117077

That is an horror story. I hope 2CT Media will figure all this out when he will import/sell the product.

Geoff897

Yeah extremely bad service once they have your money. I guess you pay for you get :( Live and Learn dont buy from china

Christian @ 2CT Media

Which manufacturer did you buy from? There is about 35 that sell the fayon brand name. We contacted about 15 of them and finally settled on the one that I know most of the us importers buy from. Our machine is due to arrive on the 15th and we purchased our demo through alibaba trade assurance and our credit card. This allows us a two fold protection against this type of issue and the manufacturer knows it. We also paid additional for a independent inspector to inspect the unit before shipment which gives us a little more assurance and was minimal cost.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Which Yingkai, again there are quite a few. We purchased through Henan Yingkai, I know 4 resellers of their products in the states and all have good things to say about their products and service. We also opted to pay the extra fee for double protection and inspection.

Geoff897

We purchased through Henan Yingkai as well, we dealt with Richard and the service was good until it turned up faulty. Now they don't answer the phone and i'm left to fix the manufacturing defects.
The testing process they use is to mount onto KT board not laminating directly on the table and the KT board absorbs the defects in the table so mine is okay on KT board and corflute thats it, Anything else is wasted

I really hope they spent more time making your demo one as the productions machines are very poor quality.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We purchased through Henan Yingkai as well, we dealt with Richard and the service was good until it turned up faulty. Now they don't answer the phone and i'm left to fix the manufacturing defects.
The testing process they use is to mount onto KT board not laminating directly on the table and the KT board absorbs the defects in the table so mine is okay on KT board and corflute thats it, Anything else is wasted

I really hope they spent more time making your demo one as the productions machines are very poor quality.

Hmm, That is worrisome! We have dealt with Maggie and she went as far as to show us video of the inspection and operation of the table. We have already discussed with Alibaba and our Credit card what our options are in case of faulty machinery. Alibaba will refund our money if they refuse to fix the table to satisfactory standards and of course our credit card will do a charge back after review and documentation.

MAGGIE

Hmm, That is worrisome! We have dealt with Maggie and she went as far as to show us video of the inspection and operation of the table. We have already discussed with Alibaba and our Credit card what our options are in case of faulty machinery. Alibaba will refund our money if they refuse to fix the table to satisfactory standards and of course our credit card will do a charge back after review and documentation.
[FONT=&#40657]Hey[/FONT][FONT=&#40657] dear Christian,This is maggie from henan yingkai.[/FONT]
[FONT=&#40657]Firstly thanks for your trust on our company and choose to buy our flatbed laminator machine FY1737.[/FONT][FONT=&#40657][/FONT]
[FONT=&#40657]Your model is newest one which has the function to level the table,you can see there are many support point under the glass table,will not happen the same problem as Mr Geoff.I promise your machine is well built.Do not worry,it will worth what you pay for,Just wait for it arriving.[/FONT][FONT=&#40657][/FONT]

richard123

Hi Geoff,this is Richard.
You have right to post the comments here,but all you post should be objective I think.
You talk about the almost same words on Skype day after day.There is time differences between China and your country.I reply you at once when I was accompany with my family,at meal,and so on.Then I found you always say similar words,and do not believe us.Later I did not use phone SKYPE,I thought I can reply you as soon as possible later when I use computer.That is why I missed some of your SKYPE call.
We should state everything objective,only in this way our company will be able to help you as soon as possible.
Objective items include:
Your flatbed must be bumped during shipping,so its lifting part nearly fall off.Then you do not pay attention to it,after adding the heating element near to the lifting part you begin to use the machine.At last the lifting part fallen off and broke the heating element,the heating element is broken in the roller and the glass fragments can not be got out.I repeated many times,it is hardly to conclude to our mistake.
You said there are 3 person they have similar problem locally,when I asked you who are they,you told me you only learnt the one we suggested who have solved the same problem as yours.We think it is wrong to say something without foundation.
Thing will be simple if we believe each other and cooperate with each other.
Please only state objective ideas,do not want to threat others.
Thank you.

player

Hi Geoff,this is Richard.
You have right to post the comments here,but all you post should be objective I think.
You talk about the almost same words on Skype day after day.There is time differences between China and your country.I reply you at once when I was accompany with my family,at meal,and so on.Then I found you always say similar words,and do not believe us.Later I did not use phone SKYPE,I thought I can reply you as soon as possible later when I use computer.That is why I missed some of your SKYPE call.
We should state everything objective,only in this way our company will be able to help you as soon as possible.
Objective items include:
Your flatbed must be bumped during shipping,so its lifting part nearly fall off.Then you do not pay attention to it,after adding the heating element near to the lifting part you begin to use the machine.At last the lifting part fallen off and broke the heating element,the heating element is broken in the roller and the glass fragments can not be got out.I repeated many times,it is hardly to conclude to our mistake.
You said there are 3 person they have similar problem locally,when I asked you who are they,you told me you only learnt the one we suggested who have solved the same problem as yours.We think it is wrong to say something without foundation.
Thing will be simple if we believe each other and cooperate with each other.
Please only state objective ideas,do not want to threat others.
Thank you.

From what you say, all problems are from shipping damage, and Geoff should do better and caused most issues. I would recommend NOT buying from China, as shipping will break it.

richard123

You planed to check the flatbed laminator before shipping it,but you cancelled the travelling at last.The KT board laminating video is for showing your laminator's working,not mean that it is the testing method to our machine.

Christian @ 2CT Media

[FONT=&#40657]Hey[/FONT][FONT=&#40657] dear Christian,This is maggie from henan yingkai.[/FONT]
[FONT=&#40657]Firstly thanks for your trust on our company and choose to buy our flatbed laminator machine FY1737.[/FONT][FONT=&#40657][/FONT]
[FONT=&#40657]Your model is newest one which has the function to level the table,you can see there are many support point under the glass table,will not happen the same problem as Mr Geoff.I promise your machine is well built.Do not worry,it will worth what you pay for,Just wait for it arriving.[/FONT][FONT=&#40657][/FONT]

Thanks Maggie, I'm pretty confident in our decision to go with you. Part of our decision was your new table and the additional supports.

It's due to arrive in Long Beach on Sunday so we are getting close!

FireFab

Thanks Maggie, I'm pretty confident in our decision to go with you. Part of our decision was your new table and the additional supports.

It's due to arrive in Long Beach on Sunday so we are getting close!

2CT whats the update on your table?

Christian @ 2CT Media

2CT whats the update on your table?

Nothing yet, fighting with the shipping/trucking company now to get it delivered. Seriously sign a contract and they under-quoted and now want us to pay more to get it delivered. That industry is loaded with people trying to extort money.

reQ

Nothing yet, fighting with the shipping/trucking company now to get it delivered. Seriously sign a contract and they under-quoted and now want us to pay more to get it delivered. That industry is loaded with people trying to extort money.
had same problem. Company quoted on same table delivered from British Columbia to Saskatchewant for a little bit over $1200 CAD. After, they tried to tell me it has to be almost $2500 :)

Christian @ 2CT Media

So the signed contract was $2860 door to door. Now that it's in the US they asked for $344 more and now they want an additional $400+ dollars because they don't have a big enough forklift to offload and need two.... Yet this was all discussed in the initial quote.