• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

business name

weaselboogie

Part of me thinks this whole post is started by a veteran sign person trying to push buttons or something… It’s just too perfect if you know what I mean… But I’ll play along anyway. It is pretty entertaining after all.

My money's on Gino. Dumbed down to match the mentality of a 'know-all self-starter'. Perfect name and perfect attitude of a green noob. Can't get more stereotypical of this one.

Damn you GINO!

high impact

ratmotorsports is living up to his name...

You are all spending too much time with someone who does not live up to his word. He's not going to go away until you allow him.

Joe Diaz

After viewing Joe Diaz's website,I think everyone could benefit from his advice. Thats really awesome work

Thank, I appreciate that.

I want to say this though; I’m not trying to get on here and be a no-it-all, like I have all the answers. These are all just opinions and observations. I’m not sure why I have chosen to get involved in this particular post; I guess it just got my attention. I think partially because I worry about the future state of this business. I also can relate with ratmotorsports, because there is still a lot that I can learn, and I do every day from all sorts of great artist, old school sign painters especially. We are all learning here. I just wish ratmotorsports (if he is real :rolleyes:) listens to some of this advice. Because it’s not just my advice, or the others who have posted in response, but it’s advice that has been passed down from every sign painter that has taken the time to teach me. I’m lucky, in that people of this industry have always been helpful and have always found the time to teach. I believe this is one of the most giving industries, almost to a fault. But a person has to show respect to those before him and chose to take valuable advice.

Let’s look at the facts. A lot on this site are complaining about how slow things are, and there are a lot of factors which we don’t need to go in to, but I believe the biggest is the over saturation of sign shops. Too many people that don’t know what they are doing and making it difficult for those that do. And in the mean time our customers are loosing respect, because we can’t even respect what we do. We’ve made it too easy for just anyone to be a sign maker. Newbees are getting on here asking about free clipart and fonts, cheap fills and can you design my logo? What software is the easiest? Where can I buy a cheep plotter? And in contrast (I want to emphasize contrast here) very few are teaching quality and craftsmanship. Little-by-little less of us are trying to teach people how to improve there designs, they're just doing it for them. Less young people are showing up to sign conventions and wall dog meets, events where I get the most inspiration from.

Just thinking out loud here, err… typing I mean, Sorry for the rants.
Back to work for me.

Marlene

what's the point of this whole thread? to push buttons or come up with a company name. I'm just not getting what the hell is going on here.

Service Sign Co

Sorry Mr, Diaz didnt mean to drag you further into this worthless thread by noticing and commenting on your work,Lot's of craftsmen here are very professional. I guess I should leave this one alone,so it will hopefully fade away in the archives of worthless topics

slappy

hey look............. it's andy reid!

Andy_driving_Danny_s_Mustang-432x318.jpg

sorry rat man

Joe Diaz

Whoa whoa whoa, don’t shut it down! We’re giving this guy too much credit here. Think of all the newbies that might have read this post and actually learned something. This post isn’t for him, it’s beyond him. Believe it or not, new sign artist can actually learn from rat. They can learn how not to be. The truth is at this point, actually before this point, I could care less if he succeeds or not. He has already proven that he is not worth helping. But the honest to God truth is that there are a lot of guys out there just like this (whether or not rat is real) that need to be taught that if they treat this business this way, they will eventually fail and slowly bring the rest of us down with them.

Okay, Now back to work, oh crap I guess it’s lunch now:Big Laugh.

wildhock

I KNEW THAT WOULD PUSH SOME BUTTONS ha ha that is not my official name.

What is your point? What are you trying to accomplish?

I am truly appreciative of all that this site and the members within have done for me and my business. Your attitude and approach ruins the help others are willing to provide.

Go Away!

Jon

Marlene

I like Jill's layout but I think I'd go with a stronger font for Asshole so the message is clear.