• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cable Tension sp-300

CS-SignSupply

Are you asking for the adjustment procedure or what is the cable tension supposed to be? a specific tension tool is required.

Robert M

tool

That tool is a fan belt tension tool. I felt pretty stupid paying Roland $$$ for an item the local auto parts store has or one quarter the price

appstro

I just want to check it to rule out the wire as a cause for what is going on. See my thread "issues please help".

appstro

I found the procedure in my manual. Unfortunately I dont have the tension meter tool....You say the auto parts store has the same tool but can you provide a link to the one you bought? When I google it they look completely different than the Roland tool.

A little update on this. I notice that the error only occurs when the print head is furthest away from home as its being pulled back in after finishing printing and before cutting. This action is swifter than normal. Thats when the error occurs.... I notice that printing seems to alternate between finishing close to home and furthest from home. On runs where the print head is finishing closest to home I have no errors. Also if I only print a couple of 6 inch decals even if the print head is at the end of the print instead of closest to home it will do fine. So does this mean anything to anyone???

appstro

OK I think I solved this issue. The linear bearing that I installed was the cause (kinda)....I called THK bearings, they make the roland bearings. I gave them the part number out of my roland manual for the bearings and the tech at THK told me that the bearing that I purchased from them is identical with an exception... The THK bearing comes with two horizontal plastic seals that keep dirt off the bearings. He said that they can create some mild resistance but on most applications thats not an issue. He said I should take the bearing out again and closely compare it to the bearing that was in there before. As soon as I removed the bearing and compared it I saw that the Roland bearing does not have these seals installed. So I simply popped the seals off the THK bearing and I have been printing so far error free. Something so minute and simple... I dont know if I am out of the woods yet, but it sure seems to have quite a bit less resistance now.

Roland Part number SSR15XW3UE
THK Part number SSR15XW1SS

The important difference is the E. To the THK tech it meant that Roland modified the bearing in some way to work on the machine. They removed the horizontal seals...

So... We'll see if this works out or not.