• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Call of Duty Wall Wrap

cptcorn

adad
Beautiful job.... "to hell with the haters...." they just need something to feel superior about..
Not hating, I actually things it's pretty cool... I don't feel superior to anyone, I just know it's illegal.
I am sure you've NEVER pirated music. :notworthy:
If it's not worth paying for, it's not worth stealing, and if it's worth paying for, its an artist that's worth supporting. So If you can prove I've stolen anything by all means.
Not even an apples to apples comparison. Illegal drugs are illegal anywhere. Copyrights aren't as rigid. Control over thier brand by offering free high resolution images to help spread interest among would-be patrons is smart marketing. There was no "commercial value" infraction in printing wallpaper for your house because they offer free high resolution downloads as long as they're used for non-commercial purposes.
Copyrights aren't as rigid? If it's illegal it's illegal, there's no gray area whether you do it in your house or at a business, or on the street corner. I can guarantee you those images are for press and editorial purposes only. You are not spreading interest among would-be patrons.It's also not your position to deter-main if that's smart marketing on behalf of Infinityward.

If the arwork has a creative commons licesnse attached to it, then my argument is retracted, and the makers/owners of COD4/ModernWarfare 2 had every intention to allow you to do what was done here and would love for you to do more.

It's amazing some of you are even in the sign business... Wow... I'm the bad guy for pointing out the law.

tanneji

That thing is awesome!!!! I'm mildly addicted to that game ... On the legality thing ... Since he did not make money on this they don't exactly care. It's like printing family pictures for my living room that happen to have strangers in the background. I do not need to have a signed release from all of those strangers in order to print those pictures. Lord forbid anyone have fun around here without the fun police showing up!

Brandon708

very cool wrap. very cool game room.

I would love to do something like this with Super Mario. Im nephue loves Mario. BTW we played Super Mario Wii last night with 4 players and that is the most fun I have had playing a video game in my whole life. Its an awsome game when played with 4 players

gators2001

I think we all know the law and we also dont need it threw up in our face everytime some one pays it no attention. I swear if i hear is that legal one more time.

juniorferg

Jesus I hate rich people!

LOL BUT DAMN WHAT A SET UP! I mean you cant even see the xbox. And beautiful job by the way. That was a great design and install. I hope the kids appreciate what the folks do for them. Anyways nice job and I think Im going to do the same thing in my house minus 2 tv's and the cool seats and the overhead lighting :). Yeah most of that Im gonna have to do without :).

quicksigns

I wasted 3 years of my life playing 4 hours a day the original COD on PC. I'm a recovered CODic and now just have a taste to relapse. twitch...twitch...twitch...

cptcorn

adad
I think we all know the law and we also dont need it threw up in our face everytime some one pays it no attention. I swear if i hear is that legal one more time.

Well then you'll have to ignore me because I will continue to call it when I see it. I take issue with people doing illegal things, and then flaunting it looking for accolades on a site where so called professionals meet and discuss things.

quicksigns

i thought it was only illegal if you try to make money from it without their permission. So you're telling me that if I have a picture of COD or anything else on my screen saver, it's illegal?

cptcorn

adad
i thought it was only illegal if you try to make money from it without their permission. So you're telling me that if I have a picture of COD or anything else on my screen saver, it's illegal?

Depends upon how/where you got it.

The images he used are from a press kit for editorial purposes only. It's like downloading music and saying its ok because he's doing it in his own home and not selling or redistributing it.

quicksigns

Depends upon how/where you got it.

The images he used are from a press kit for editorial purposes only. It's like downloading music and saying its ok because he's doing it in his own home and not selling or redistributing it.

Gotcha!