• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Call of Duty Wall Wrap

Grafix USA

All the images are super hi resolution images that we were able to find from the game's publisher.

I'll look up the material we used here in a bit and let you know.

Any update on the material you used? Also, were the walls textured with knock down or a smooth finish?

Aside from the copyright issue, the graphic looks GREAT!

Liquid GraphX

I think it looks awesome!! Good job!

I think I would email Activision and check if it's ok to use for personal use. I really don't know copy right infringement laws so I won't even speculate as to if it's legal or not.....any Lawyers on here?....

HotWraps

Well then you'll have to ignore me because I will continue to call it when I see it. I take issue with people doing illegal things, and then flaunting it looking for accolades on a site where so called professionals meet and discuss things.

I think we all understand what you're saying. However I take issue with being called a "so called professional." I have been nothing but courteous with the people of this board, and I was not looking for internet high-fives. I just wanted to share a personal project, if it's bothered people, I'm sorry. I'll only post my professional work from now on.

PS: Material was Avery MP2611 Wall Film.

cptcorn

adad
I think we all understand what you're saying. However I take issue with being called a "so called professional." I have been nothing but courteous with the people of this board, and I was not looking for internet high-fives. I just wanted to share a personal project, if it's bothered people, I'm sorry. I'll only post my professional work from now on.

PS: Material was Avery MP2611 Wall Film.

To me, professionals take pride in their work... and respect the wishes of the people who create the artwork that's produced outside of their business. You have the pride, I see that, but you threw the respect out the window.

If you don't want internet high-fives, why even post the work you've done with copyrighted material? If you wanted to document the quality of the installation and print you could have easily taken close up photos of difficult areas without even eluding to the artwork.

So what I see is this... Look, I made some wallpaper prints, look how cool it is. I did not create the artwork or any of the design elements involved in the final piece. The pictures are too far away to show the quality of my install and the quality of my printing. You've removed yourself from anything good someone could say about this project.

Yes, you've been helpful with many things which is fantastic, but really, what good does this thread do other than make me look like a jackass for pointing out legal issues? It's a nice double standard and destroys the integrity of information posted on this site. Do as I say not as I do.

It would have been much more awesome if the thread started out like this.

I had this sweet idea for a project for my kids, so I called up the people who own the rights to the game and artwork and told them what my idea was. They thought it was cool, helped me source some images for my personal project and this is how it turned out. Check out my printing, check out my install, check out my overall project. Awesome!

If they really wouldn't have any problem with you using their artwork what's it going to hurt to ask them? Since I see so many people claiming they don't care because you're not making money off it.

Be honest, and be respectful...

B-RAD Graphics

PhotoTex wallscapes

What profile should I use when printing on Photo Tex with a Roland SP540V? .Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

WrapperX

Its better just to get your hands on the physical unit and measure it yourself. The "factory templates" you get from suppliers are usually smaller the they units and are meant to have graphics inset on the units and not to fully wrap them. I did an XBox wrap for a friend and we physically measured and customed the pieces.

KuRiscak

Wow, lets tell people how to thread properly eh?

If more people were like you, this forum would blow. Nice work again Hot-Wraps, and don't stop posting personal projects just because some boyscout gives you a hard time.

To me, professionals take pride in their work... and respect the wishes of the people who create the artwork that's produced outside of their business. You have the pride, I see that, but you threw the respect out the window.

If you don't want internet high-fives, why even post the work you've done with copyrighted material? If you wanted to document the quality of the installation and print you could have easily taken close up photos of difficult areas without even eluding to the artwork.

So what I see is this... Look, I made some wallpaper prints, look how cool it is. I did not create the artwork or any of the design elements involved in the final piece. The pictures are too far away to show the quality of my install and the quality of my printing. You've removed yourself from anything good someone could say about this project.

Yes, you've been helpful with many things which is fantastic, but really, what good does this thread do other than make me look like a jackass for pointing out legal issues? It's a nice double standard and destroys the integrity of information posted on this site. Do as I say not as I do.

I had this sweet idea for a project for my kids, so I called up the people who own the rights to the game and artwork and told them what my idea was. They thought it was cool, helped me source some images for my personal project and this is how it turned out. Check out my printing, check out my install, check out my overall project. Awesome!

If they really wouldn't have any problem with you using their artwork what's it going to hurt to ask them? Since I see so many people claiming they don't care because you're not making money off it.

Be honest, and be respectful...
blah blah blah ...... AWESOME JOB!!

signgal

i had intellivision..

but then the NES came out and it was all downhill from there.

We still have our NES and my sons' friends all come over and play it... after they kill things in "Gears"! and I remember the Commodore, Dan. My best friends mom worked on the shuttle and got one of the very first ones for some kind of bonus thing LOL gah *sighs* i'm old!

timandmikki

I am wondering if everyone had permission for the pictures they are using for their profile picture, or if they "borrowed" them from internet since we are all being "legally" correct.

The walls look awesome, I am sure all your kids friends want to hang out at your house to play COD.

iSign

To me, professionals take pride in their work... ...

...what good does this thread do other than make me look like a jackass for pointing out legal issues?

from one professional a$$hole to another...

give it up.. you already know you look like a jackass, and we can all see you take pride in that... personally I've tried to chill on the jackass posts because nobody likes a jackass even if some of what you say has merit...

Why not start your own jackass post & see if you can 71 replies... meanwhile let this guy have his conversation & you go have yours... it's a free planet.. and I F'n drive over the speed limit every damn day... WTF cares if you think I should drive the limit?

cptcorn

adad
Wow, lets tell people how to thread properly eh?

If more people were like you, this forum would blow. Nice work again Hot-Wraps, and don't stop posting personal projects just because some boyscout gives you a hard time.
Nice contribution to the site, considering it's one of you first two posts...
from one professional a$$hole to another...

give it up.. you already know you look like a jackass, and we can all see you take pride in that... personally I've tried to chill on the jackass posts because nobody likes a jackass even if some of what you say has merit...

Why not start your own jackass post & see if you can 71 replies... meanwhile let this guy have his conversation & you go have yours... it's a free planet.. and I F'n drive over the speed limit every damn day... WTF cares if you think I should drive the limit?

Well... Here's how this all differs... I don't run to the internet and post work I've done with stolen artwork just to brag and stroke my ego.

If nobody likes a jackass, so be it... I'm not here to impress anyone so I won't tone it down. I'm here to learn from professionals, and what I'm learning is... steal what you want. If I wanted to see some cool stuff like this I'd go to a flea market.

That's nice you drive over the speed limit, you should start a thread on that!

i don't understand myself. i guess it is 'cool' and i am sure your child and his buddies like it but so what you found/pinched/stole..whatever..some artwork, hit the print button and applied to a flat surface. it isn't technically difficult, it isn't an amazing or difficult installation and you didn't create the artwork. sorry if this is negative but i just don't get it.

if someone was to go to any member's website and snitch a piece of work that any of us had created and printed it we'd crucify the person who did it. i don't understand why this is different? is it because it is a large company and we can not relate to an individual person?

BadAss

Geez, I am getting tired of hearing from the legal police in every F%$$# thread... Read my other post. EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD BREAKS THE LAW... it just depends on how you personaaly want to mask the line... Let it go!!! Dude you did a nice print & Install and your kids probably love it... that is what matters... If all the ones on here have only time to browse the internet and poindexter up behind a keyboard then they could probably use a more ballsy hobby, or a girlfriend... Just do what you do and enjoy life...

iSign

If all the ones on here have only time to browse the internet and poindexter up behind a keyboard then they could probably use a more ballsy hobby, or a girlfriend... Just do what you do and enjoy life...

so, if you "poindexter" up behind another poindexter on a 2 week old thread, to bust him, on busting someone else... do you need another ballsy GF too?

...& now I'm bustin' you on bustin' him, on bustin' them :omg: my wife won't let me have a girlfriend, so guess I'll just go play some drums (hmm... she never said no groupies!)