• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Call of Duty Wall Wrap

veloxgraphics

CPTCORN, I hereby demand that you cease and desist useage of your profile image. The work was created by my artists and your non-approved use of it amounts to petty theft.

gabagoo

I dont understand you guys....

This was a fun project to do, just wanted to share it with you.

Thats all I read and then he posted some pics. Why is everyone blowing stuff like this beyond what it was? Looks great BTW. Is it indeed your gaming room?

Heck I just took my kid to the police station and threw him in jail, as I have found numerous hand drawn pictures of Bart Simpson around the house. Where does it end?

2972renfro

The reason for the hostility is probably related to the recent thread regarding intellectual property. Many people here and outside of signs101 don't fully understand the possible ramifications of printing copyright material. Whether he did it for free or not, it is still illegal. Maybe this software company that produced the images does not care, but we really need to educate the masses. Next time it could be Disney characters, NFL players or Harley Davidson logos and images

Just because an image can be found online does not give us the right to print it. How many sign or wrap companies will see this thread and think "Wow here is another opportunity" fully unaware that printing these images for profit is illegal. Maybe hostility is not needed, but someone needs to speak up every time this happens instead of just giving a bunch of "atta boy's"

Think about all of the sports related images that Fathead prints. They had to be licensed in order to do so. But a quick google image search will probably yield images that are good enough to print. Nascar? MLB? College teams? You cannot print or cut those logos and images and legally sell them. Wraps for your consoles, same deal. The likelihood that you get caught is slim, but if you advertise it online or promote yourself by showing images in a public forum could get you in trouble.

Who knows what companies are lurking here. As signs101 gets bigger and grabs the attention of the big name companies, maybe someone will get in trouble from something they posted. The companies looking to protect their intellectual and copyrighted property are watching ebay and flea markets. Is signs101 next?

Morale: be very careful of what you post on here especially if it contains artwork that you did not produce and/or design yourself. And if you do post it, be prepared to be flogged by the folks here that do follow the rules and lose potential business to those that are careless and wreckless

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
i don't understand myself. i guess it is 'cool' and i am sure your child and his buddies like it but so what you found/pinched/stole..whatever..some artwork, hit the print button and applied to a flat surface. it isn't technically difficult, it isn't an amazing or difficult installation and you didn't create the artwork. sorry if this is negative but i just don't get it.

if someone was to go to any member's website and snitch a piece of work that any of us had created and printed it we'd crucify the person who did it. i don't understand why this is different? is it because it is a large company and we can not relate to an individual person?

I don't think his point was how awesome his installation was and I'm pretty sure he didn't take "pride" in the design. Everyone knows he didn't design it. THE POINT IS...it's a cool FREAKIN GAME ROOM now with those wall prints. The graphics were free for personal use, not commercial use. I believe he is within those parameters. It's the IDEA that having a gameroom with larger than life graphics of an awesome game you love to play. If you have a projector system that project on the whole wall...and these were your free desktop images...that would be cool..but not as cool.

cptcorn

adad
Geez, I am getting tired of hearing from the legal police in every F%$$# thread... Read my other post. EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD BREAKS THE LAW... it just depends on how you personaaly want to mask the line... Let it go!!! Dude you did a nice print & Install and your kids probably love it... that is what matters... If all the ones on here have only time to browse the internet and poindexter up behind a keyboard then they could probably use a more ballsy hobby, or a girlfriend... Just do what you do and enjoy life...

CPTCORN, I hereby demand that you cease and desist useage of your profile image. The work was created by my artists and your non-approved use of it amounts to petty theft.

The reason for the hostility is probably related to the recent thread regarding intellectual property. Many people here and outside of signs101 don't fully understand the possible ramifications of printing copyright material. Whether he did it for free or not, it is still illegal. Maybe this software company that produced the images does not care, but we really need to educate the masses. Next time it could be Disney characters, NFL players or Harley Davidson logos and images

Just because an image can be found online does not give us the right to print it. How many sign or wrap companies will see this thread and think "Wow here is another opportunity" fully unaware that printing these images for profit is illegal. Maybe hostility is not needed, but someone needs to speak up every time this happens instead of just giving a bunch of "atta boy's"

Think about all of the sports related images that Fathead prints. They had to be licensed in order to do so. But a quick google image search will probably yield images that are good enough to print. Nascar? MLB? College teams? You cannot print or cut those logos and images and legally sell them. Wraps for your consoles, same deal. The likelihood that you get caught is slim, but if you advertise it online or promote yourself by showing images in a public forum could get you in trouble.

Who knows what companies are lurking here. As signs101 gets bigger and grabs the attention of the big name companies, maybe someone will get in trouble from something they posted. The companies looking to protect their intellectual and copyrighted property are watching ebay and flea markets. Is signs101 next?

Morale: be very careful of what you post on here especially if it contains artwork that you did not produce and/or design yourself. And if you do post it, be prepared to be flogged by the folks here that do follow the rules and lose potential business to those that are careless and wreckless

This is an older thread... before the other...

As far as hand drawn bart simpsons go... I think companies tend to turn a blind eye more so than not when it comes to very personal things. Much like what's happened in this thread. I hardly doubt activision will come after him. What changes is if he starts marketing this, and the willingness to make money off of their IP. Really, it makes it no different for us, but the ball is in their court, they decide what happens.

This discussion should probably be continued here:
http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=61142
That thread is generally based on that topic...

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Not hating, I actually things it's pretty cool... I don't feel superior to anyone, I just know it's illegal.

If it's not worth paying for, it's not worth stealing, and if it's worth paying for, its an artist that's worth supporting. So If you can prove I've stolen anything by all means.

Copyrights aren't as rigid? If it's illegal it's illegal, there's no gray area whether you do it in your house or at a business, or on the street corner. I can guarantee you those images are for press and editorial purposes only. You are not spreading interest among would-be patrons.It's also not your position to deter-main if that's smart marketing on behalf of Infinityward.

If the arwork has a creative commons licesnse attached to it, then my argument is retracted, and the makers/owners of COD4/ModernWarfare 2 had every intention to allow you to do what was done here and would love for you to do more.

It's amazing some of you are even in the sign business... Wow... I'm the bad guy for pointing out the law.

I know this is a little old...but i've been doing some wallpaper jobs from Istock and revisted this post. I just realized...those images were called Free Wallpaper on thier site. LOL