• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cant get roland pnc 1000 to cut right

OldPaint

you can cut right from corel to PNC-1000. ANY VERSION of corel EXCEPT 5 & 6 will work. i been cutting to ROLANDS since COREL 3!!!! i had a PNC-1000, got 2 PNC-1100's, & CX-300....ALL CUT RIGHT FROM COREL DESKTOP....
its almost as simple as GIECO, even a cave man can do it)))))))get a chance call me 850-944-5060

chitoon

i got it thank you all......

i eleminated signtools3 that i have thought ,for years i needed to use with coral draw my unit is up and running just fine,:thankyou: from the bottom of my heart i am a vary :clapping: person again thank you all vary much and i belive i have learned to spell a few new words again thank you all Jim

chitoon

back again

i had 30 days that the sign tools3 worked ,now i am down again .cant figure out what i should have for the printer if i do not use tools3? i put generic printer roland does nothing when i hit print i put text and it says i have no problem but it wont print eather . it all ways does this when i get a good job last time i had to turn down jobs cause i cant get computer to work with coraldraw 9 i am desprate Jim computer is xp

chitoon

i bought a different computer ,that is how i fixed it the last time ,but signs3 gives me thiry days to use it if i do not conect to the internet how do i use my roland with out signtool3 what go i set my cutter at is that going to be the same as printer setting?its a shame i paid 184.00 dallars and i cant use there software unless i conect my computer to the net i do not want to conect the new computer can you help? jiim

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Well one option is to buy a new computer every month & set it up.
Another option is to buy Signtools outright.
If using Corel alone, the Camm1 needs to be set up in Start>settings>printers & faxes.
When it is set up as a printer in windows, you need to then set it up as the printer to use (File>print setup) in Corel.
You then take your text in corel & apply a hairline outline.
Then go File>print preview>and position it where needed, & click 'print this page now'

I don't think I can help you any further than that.

chitoon

need help again

i just want to cut from my pnc-1000 but get nothing i have been using signs3 and about every 50 days i have to go thru again and again how do i cut from coraldraw 9 with xp,pnc1000 what should the setting be in coral draw i would like to eliminate signs 3 it is nothing but a pain Jim 815 953 2510

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I think I have typed just about every answer I can think of in this and other threads you have posted on.

I have no further suggestions to offer you.
I still find your description of your problem unclear- sure it does not work, but "signs3"- I don't know this, "coral draw" well, it's Corel, not Coral, that's a thing that grows in the sea, and one moment your computer & plotter works and the next you are complaining it doesn't - not being able to see what you have or have not done, or what error messages or what stage of the printing process the machine has reached does not help at all. Just go back to whatever worked and stay there.
Reread whatever posts previously fixed the problem for you.

There has been a lot of good advice here. Cocut is very good too- maybe it will solve your problem? Maybe the plotter itself is just too old & has a dickey circuit board?
My formerly free advice can't go any further- I have no idea how to fix your problem above what has already been suggested.

I would also like to suggest you use sentences in your posts- reading that like one long breath makes me forget what the start was about, by the time I get to the end. If you can't be clear with exactly what where & how the problem occurs, how can we be expected to mind-read & help? I am no 'having a go' at you- just trying to help. Maybe you feel your english isn't brilliant- but you can still try to explain better where you get to before the machine stops. Don't be afraid to use a period (.) and then an uppercase letter to start a new sentence.

In post #41 above, OP gives you his phone number and offers to help you- have you phoned him?

Sorry, but I am fresh out of ideas & possible solutions other than what I have already said. They seem to work for every one else. Quite possibly the solution is very simple- some basic step you may have overlooked in haste or panic? I'd just retrace your steps, and reread all the replies to all your posts in this and other threads.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
You have to have the plotter set up to receive the right signals. You have to have your pomputer set up to send the right signals. The settings I have already typed in this and other threads you have posted on. Corel 9, 10, X3- they're all the same settings if using XP. Reread my former answers- I do not have any new ones.

chitoon

blew my had drive load and erase load and erase till the drive went coral would load but signs3 would not and when i go to printer in coral there is only genaric post/script

iSign

how do i incert a picture here

below where you are typing is a button that says "go advanced"

click that button.

now it will look the same for where you are typing... but way way below that is a button that says "manage attachments"

click that button. It will say "browse" ...click that, & look for a picture (but it has to be set as RGB color mode, and less than 800 pixels. Once you find the picture on your hard drive, just click "save", wait for it to upload, and it should attach the pic to the bottom of your post.

Sorry about the 8th grade thing, but you honestly are going to have to invest more energy making yourself clear. You think this place should be for helping... but are you helping?

...We all do this for a living & sometimes help each other out... but I wouldn't go complaining about folks correcting your spelling, as if we should shut up and help... fact is we don't have to help you, so don't get confused about that. People like to help, but if you complain about it, they won't like it anymore.

I'd say you should take more time to write better if you want people to understand you.

chitoon

i cant belive i am hearing this if you do not like what i wrote please dont answer me i am sure some one out there will so far i have bought a new computer $299.00 then i bought windowes xp to reload told copy of xp was bad new copy 139.00 then while i wasloading and unloading and loading cor9 and signs tolls3 trying to work over 75 times burned my hard drive new 500mb hard drive 129.00 and today i can cut one thing on signs30 day trial even tho i bought there software 7-15=07 but still trying to get this to work one cut after another Jim

chitoon

ok what i am doing here is trying to load my roland in port 1 but i am trying to load it as a printer ,could that be my problem? i have not had sleep now for 64 daysZZZZZzzzzzz

iSign

so do you have a picture?

you asked how to load a picture, so I wasted my time trying to help you.... I can't believe what I'm reading...

"load" your Roland, in "port" 1? ...what you need to do is establish the com ports available, determine which is com1 and com2... and also familiarize yourself with parallel cables, as well as serial cables, so you can properly discuss your present situation... I don't know what "load" is, but connecting the PNC-1000 can possibly be done with 2 types of cables, to 2 types of ports, then you will have it "connected" ...at which time you will need your software to be able to communicate with your hardware (PNC-1000) this is usually referred to in most software, as "installing" or running a "set-up" of the equipment. Since the PNC-1000 is NOT a printer, I usually wouldn't think of calling it a printer, or running any "install printer" or "set-up printer" procedures... but then again, I am not using Corel, and Ian mentioned "printer" when he tried to help you, so maybe Corel calls it a printer...

...but you really got to let us know what software you are going to use. Getting that thing to work, as you now know, is not like screwing in a lightbulb, that you can just keep moving it around... pick ONE software, and get it going, and quit screwing with it once it's working.

All you need to do now is go find your communication settings with the baud rate, and x-on, x-off handshake and then...

oh yeah...

... if you do not like what i wrote please dont answer me...

...almost forgot :doh:

sorry

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
blew my had drive load and erase load and erase till the drive went coral would load but signs3 would not and when i go to printer in coral there is only genaric post/script

what language is that?

Yes, Doug, in Corel, the camm1 gets its instructions via the Printer menu options under File>print preview. That's just one of the idiosyncracies with doing it direct from corel to camm1.

The answers to everything you have happening, are in all my former posts. I am not going to retype any.

For some queer reason you do not seem to have a computer that actually works.
Whatever terrorist is blowing things up needs to be extradited. If you have now bought four new computers, I would suggest that either you, yourself, are doing something drastically wrong, or the computers did not work to begin with, so can't possibly work the plotter, or the plotter is totally stuffed and won't work.

You need a computer that works. I don't want to hear how many you have bought. You only need one of them. I don't want to hear about hard drives that have caught fire or burned, or how big they are, just that you have a single hard drive that works, however small it may be.

Get a computer that works.

Get a computer that works.

Have you got a computer that works yet?

Put Corel Draw on it. Any version after version 7.

Make sure Corel Draw works.

Ensure Corel Draw works.

Make sure Corel Draw works. If Corel Draw crashes the system and burns up the hard drive, go back about five lines, and get a computer that works, and load Corel Draw on it, and make sure it works. If that blows up, go back and do it again, or maybe just give up and buy a different brand of plotter, and different software.

You don't have to have XP, windows 98, or 2000 are fine as well as XP. You don't have to have a 500 gig hard drive, 3 gig will suffice. Win98se will suffice.

Assuming you have a computer that works, and Corel Draw works, install the Camm-1 drivers. Plug the plotter into the power & into the computer via the LPT1 & turn it on & set it up.

If something blows up, burns down, crashes or fails to work, then you have a problem that is beyond my ability to solve from the other end of the world.

I am not picking on your spelling- I am offering advice: learn to punctuate your writing. If you can't clearly communicate with us, how can you expect help instead of misunderstandings?

So far, I believe you have ignored the most important pieces of advice I have offered. I can't offer you any more, sorry.

Maybe the Camm-1 PNC1000 you own is irrepairably stuffed and won't work?

The rest of the instructions have been mentioned before.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Don't use Com1, use Lpt1.
Get a new printer cable.
Don't tell me how much you paid, that means nothing, $5 or $5 million, don't tell me how many times you did or did not load XP or Corel, you only need to do it once- correctly.
If XP doesn't work or Corel Draw doesn't work, then nobody can help you.