• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cant get roland pnc 1000 to cut right

7oaks

I've used XP and a 1000A and Signtools 3 for several years.
I've also gotten excellent support for Andrew at Signtools through
emails. Its all about the drivers and settings and all are available
on Signtools website. I use Corel 10.

You install Corel, then signtools and since you have Corel 8, you may have to install a patch from Signtools website.

Ian, I do not have to add an outline to text. I'm not sure why you
have too.

Ken

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Ken, I didn't have to add the outline with Signtools, but without it, you do have to- from Corel. I was just covering all bases, seeing that he hadn't got Signtools going.
I haven't used Signtools since I got Win XP, as version 2 doesn't work with XP. I was going to buy the upgrade at the Aussie signshow last May, but at the last minute Andrew wasn't there, and I spent the money on a router instead!

chitoon

yes i cant spell to good but i do nice work

here are just a few thing i have done some are 7 layers of vinal and i am sorry i bothered any one here i will leave with my head between my legs with shame......

Attachments

• DSC00843.jpg
    DSC00843.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00842.jpg
    DSC00842.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC00841.jpg
    DSC00841.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 82

chitoon

signs says xp is messed up

well i ordered a new xp pro 2 for windows...but when i load signs tools3 i get theses screens when i try to check hpl plotter box tells me it is wrong it never asks for signs tool3 ser# well waiting for xp to see if that works i cant spell that good or is my grammer right but i mean well and any one i have ever done any work for have allways been happy and returned as a customer

Attachments

• DSC00844.jpg
    DSC00844.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC00845.jpg
    DSC00845.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC00846.jpg
    DSC00846.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC00847.jpg
    DSC00847.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC00849.jpg
    DSC00849.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC00848.jpg
    DSC00848.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 93

Techman

XP is not messed up. If our computer is running right then XP is right.

Your one photo shows a text box and not a vector box. Text boxes will not cut.

Lunatic Taskbar

Could you try drawing a square - or any shape and see if that cuts?

Don't initialy try to cut text. that can be the next step for you.

chitoon

signs says xp is messed up

so i ordered xp pro .I keep telling sign3 that i donot even have to give a serial number coral draw i have for it to work he the tech said thats how it is no it isnt right no i am emailing the president of signstool3 i have just sent him about 11 pictures of what i am getting as far as settings and that text cutter box is what i keep getting i have a choice text,genaric,and two others choices i have no idea what choice, i should choose,signstool3 tech tells me to go to Application Launcher i do not have that at the top of my coral draw or in tools no cant do nothing machine just sits there i was cutting about a week ago

chitoon

i received a letter from the owner

Hello Jim,

I am the President of GRS Systems, LLC.

Your email has been forwarded to me for follow-up.

I have reviewed all of the emails between you and our various technical and sales representatives. The information given to you is correct, based solely upon the information given us by you regarding your problem.

For direct telephone warranty support from the manufacturer, please call the support number on your Warranty Card or the number listed below.

SignTools3 Support: 011 (612) 9553 8748

Or continue to contact our service reps 24/7 at: info@grs-systems.com

Best regards,

Joe Gianini
GRS Systems, LLC is there a company in the USA that i can buy that works like this software is supose to work i will buy it like right now i dont need a company telling me that i am crazy first they told me to down load a new xp waiting for that to get here in the mean while i cant cut nothing .there has to be a usa software just as good if not better

cOrKinSA

Hey Chitoon, you never formally introduced yourself and I am really impressed that many people here have offered you advice and help without really giving us your background in this field so I have been meaning to ask where is Plainfeld, how long have you been doing this, yadda yadda yadda...?

Lunatic Taskbar

I fully agree with CorKinSA please introduce yourself and offer us a little background on yourself.

It will give us a better visual on where you are. in respect of your knowledge.

7oaks

If I read your statement correctly about the serial number. Once
you load signtools on a hard drive and enter the activation code, you can reload signtools as many times as necessary with out the code because the activation code is kept on that hard drive.

Ken

chitoon

went out and bought a new computer, loaded coral draw9 trying to load signstools3, but i have to contect the new computer to the internet in order to register signs software that is what i do not want to do they say that is the only, way they can give ne a regester number or activation code. this is nuts i bought the software now i cant use it unless they say so ,,,,,hello what is wrong with this picture

chitoon

bought a new computer and now i am waiting for a new activation code from signstool3

i cant belive all that i am going thru i bought there software 3 yrs ago now i have to wait for them to give me a ok to use it i bought a new computer can i get away with out this bull sh#$ software from signstool3 by just using coraldraw 9 and if so how do i set setting for coral draw for my cutter Jim

chitoon

Plainfield is in il.

30 min south west of chicago i have been cutting or about 2 yrs now banners,magnetic signs ,i am 56 i have never had a problem like this before i just went out and bought another computer a older refurbished IBM and im on the other computer because i donot want the internet any where near the one i just bought with computer and monitor i spent $500.00 hoping i will be able to get the cutter running i have say i really,really appreacate every ones help i canot spell only went to 3 weeks of eigth grade but i have a heart of gold and most of my orders are written out by the customer the way they want it so there is not much to change now i am fighting to get the activation code i gave them the serial number no answer from signstools3 say one thing i would never buy from these guys again again i want to thank you all for the help you have given me

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 86