• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caveat Emptor: (Thinking of buy Wasatch Softrip?)

Gene@mpls

I might as well add my dissatisfaction with Wasatch support. I liked the
program with my SP300 but could not get a good print on my VP540- they
stalled me all winter till my contract ran out and will no longer talk to me-
even about the problem we were having. The tech I worked with extensively
is gone and no one else will admit I ever had a problem. Gene

jimmys

Wasatch Softrip

It's been over 90 days since I made this post and I might as well be on the moon as far as Wasatch is concerned. Not even a peep.
The are companies out there selling $29.00 dollar programs with better Customer Support.
So, my advise, if you haven't plunked down your $4,500.00 dollars yet, find a better option.
Or like me, you will live to regret it!

DoctorX

customer service improvements?

Has anyone experienced any better customer service from Wasatch since these comments were made?

Just curious....

Thanks,

Dr. X

anotherdog

This is exactly why I pay for a subscription.

I always look through the reviews and experience before I buy anything for my business. The slightest smell of trouble makes me walk away... and this smells like skunk.

Good thread.

kindlekreative

Lingering Effects

I am in need of a RIP, so I've been doing my research. Wasatch was one of two RIP's that I narrowed it down to. After reading this post (and others), I've made my decision NOT to go with Wasatch.

Real life customer experiences are invaluable and should always be part of ones research. The Wasatch product itself seems to have many, if not more, benefits than its counterparts. Unfortunately for Wasatch, I view customer service as a significant portion of the value of a product. Issue's like this one actually reduces the value of the product, and therefore based on overall value I will choose another product.

Thank you to everyone across them spectrum of opinion, your comments are important and useful.

Cory

nate

Get Caldera. We've worked our way up through Wasatch then Onyx and now Caldera. Caldera is brilliant.

Printhead

The RIP is fine but I don't like Wasatch customer relations and policies as well.

What bugged me the most is that if you buy a newly released printer they will force you to buy the latest version instead of offering on-demand drivers for a lesser cost, like other RIP makers do.

SubliTWILL

Has anyone experienced any better customer service from Wasatch since these comments were made?

Just curious....

Thanks,

Dr. X
I had approached Wasatch last year at SGIA, as I have wanted to switch my VJ1204 over to their RIP. My dye sub machine came with Wasatch, so, I thought it would be easier to have both machines on it.

I asked them at the show if there was a "competitive upgrade" as I would be switching from FlexiPro and they were, as previously described, arrogant in their dealings with me.

I got back from SGIA, did a Google search, found a brand new, unopened version of 6.1 for $100 on Craigslist. I verified the serial number with Wasatch, everything checked out OK. Paid the girl for the RIP, emailed her a FedEx Label and had it the next day for $145 total.

Put the CD in, loaded fine. I called Wasatch, registered it, downloaded the upgrade to 6.7 and stuck my middle finger back at the screen as if to say "f**k you Wasatch!"

So, long story long, no, IMO, they are still very arrogant and I'll never buy an upgrade from them again.