• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cheapy cheapy very cheapy guy

Jillbeans

What an ignoramus.
You should cut some oddball vinyl you have laying around.
Leave and go stick it on your wife's car (or someone who will go along with you)
Return carrying a bag of decent take out food. Eat lunch.
Have them drive it back over to your shop.
Park in full view of the limp d!ck guy.
Make a big show of them flourishing a $50 bill and you taking it.
Then whisk off the freshly applied vinyl 1-2-3.
Just make sure it's an easy to remove kind not reflective.
:)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Cut some vinyl resembling the stuff he took off and later tonight.... go over and put some of the vinyl back on. Maybe he'll think this stuff is just growing.

mark in tx

If you're gonna put vinyl on his truck just to hassle him, why not use up some of that scrap reflective we all have laying around.

J

john1

$50.00 is lowballing yourself IMO

He probably wanted to use your solution free of charge to get it off by the sound of this guy.

Hell, if i seen him out doing that i would stop by and say, How's it coming?

LOL

knifemaker3

Wait until he's just about done....then go over and spray a little rapid remover on the glue and wipe it off....then look him right in the eye and say "Don't ya wish ya woulda paid me 50?" :thumb:

jiarby

Offer the good stuff $50 (rapid remover)
or
The cheap stuff $10

Then design a label for a spray bottle of "Dr. Stickumlotz's Reaallly Good Decal Remover"
$10
Fill bottle with water

"Deposit Please"

That took me by surprise. I was just zipping around the corner to the other side of building & there he was . I almost had coffee coming out of my nose. I didn't believe was i was seeing. I stopped my car, wiped the coffee off my face, refocus my eyes & sure enough, he was still there. Damn, i mean "DAMN" He's not done yet, he just left with glue on his truck. I think he went on a service call. Another update maybe???

"Deposit Please"

The guy just finished up. I think he used everything in his garage & under the kitchen sink. He didn't want to go to "Day 7" Paint took some permanent damage. Also, looks like he lost a little weight. He was pacing back & forth for a couple minutes after he got done. i think he lost his mind too. I'm sure he learned a little lesson.

gnatt66

i'd print/lam a 2x4 foot fifty dollar bill on 3621(removable) and stick it to his truck....and watch as he just pulled it off in one fell swoop and doesn't know why...haha.

anotherdog

What does it cost this plumber to tell one of his guys to take three days to save $50 when they aren't out on a call?

I just send out 6'x4' adhesive with lam to a customer who wanted to save money by mounting it to backing wood themselves. I have a sheet for this that runs to two pages, half of it just on the preparation of the wood (in this case they have ordinary ply).

Sometimes trying to save money is the most expensive thing you can do.

I do love that this is a plumber though.

"Deposit Please"

Huhhhh, can't be true

Holy mother f#@kn sh#t, Posted this thread 8 days ago, i thought this guy finished up on removing the glue yesturday. 8 days later, he is still out there. rotflmao. He is using a broom, rag & garden hose. Sorry guys, my last time for any updates on this guy, he will never get done. . No happy ending here. It's friday the 13th & it's the hottest day of the year here. He's fried !!!

Attachments

• IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 98
Last edited: