• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Check from scammer PART 2

Pat Whatley

Couldn't Fedex find out where the check was mailed from?

You can track it and find out the FedEx office in the Virgin Islands it was mailed from....that doesn't tell you who mailed it.

I just noticed on the waybill that it was sent using a FedEx account, though. What do you want to bet somebody is
gonna get a bill from FedEx they know nothing about?

Rooster

I just noticed on the waybill that it was sent using a FedEx account, though. What do you want to bet somebody is
gonna get a bill from FedEx they know nothing about?

I wonder if FedEx could be held responsible for allowing an account of theirs to be used for mail fraud?

Bigdawg

Just Me
I'd send him an email saying since you haven't heard from him, you're just going to ship the money to the address on the FedEx package he sent so you know it gets to the right place....

bet ya' hear from him then :smile:

Brandon708

E-mail him a picture of the money in a envelope that you are going to send. Then send him that picture that you took of the money (actual picture)

Write "Go f*** yourself" on the back of the picture.

Pat Whatley

Told him I was going to send it FedEx to the address he gave me in Canada. My genius plan was to pack a Fed Ex box with play money (yes, I have 20 packs of play money just sitting around. Don't judge me.)

Well, then I discovered FedEx wanted about $100 to deliver it, even if it went ground.

I told the scammer guy that I didn't have the cash and I'd already boxed his up. I suggested he pre-pay for it at his local FedEx office. He sent me a FedEx shipping number....that was registered to a business in Colorado. I told him that one wasn't working....he sent me another one, to a business in Atlanta.

He finally told me that if I would take the money out of the box, take out enough for shipping, and keep an extra $300 for my trouble that would be okay. At this point we're up to me keeping about $1000 of the money "for my troubles".

All weekend long I essentially got this email from him:
Hello Pat.
How are you today?
I haven't heard from you since yesterday.
I hope it has been shipped out to the address in Canada.
please provide the tracking number for the package.
I hope to hear from you again.
have a nice weekend.
Thanks

Joe Diaz

You should send all this info to dateline. The cops never seem to be able to do anything, but Chris Hanson will track em down. :ROFLMAO:

p3

I wouldn't have waste all the time on it. This stuff happens all the time on craigslist. Everything I have sold on craigslist ends up in me getting fedexed 4,000 checks that are just super phony when you get them.

washingtonsignguy

Thats good stuff pat. I actually had a scam call today, well my father, got a call and the guy said he was so so sherfiff from the Niagara falls PD and he had Me in jail. He needed a check for $2500 to bail Me out. He then hung up and called me, "no, no I am right here, in washington state. So he called the guy back and said who are you? and he said "Shut up" and hung up the phone. My father called the actual Niagara falls PD and told them what was going on and that he had a phone number for these guys, and they said "yeah it happens". Seems like the authorities are not even bothering with this crap. You know you might see this as a waste of your time pat, but you are wasting this guys time too, which is good. Keep up the posts

johnnysigns

Ha, That address in Highland Park isn't far from me. I'm sure it's a BS address, but if there's anything I can do just PM me.

Sticky Signs

I don't know man, looks scary. His client is a giant ninja from Quebec. Do you really want to stir that pot??? Really???