• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Code Violation: Can't park my commercial vehicle at my own house?!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Clarence Darrow. Are you unable to comprehend that the various codes you cite for this village are in direct conflict with the case law cited in the previous post, #78, by Printhog? Do you fail to understand the merely because the tribal elders in this rustic backwater make some rules does not mean that they are constitutional. Which clearly they are not? They are null and void.

Try to follow along, as hard for you as that might be. The rules you cite are based solely on content. This is precisely what they cannot be based on by order of the supreme law of the land as interpreted by the supreme authority on the supreme law of the land. If you cannot follow along here, engage the services of an elementary school child to explain to you the more difficult passages.

So, with this point of view, does this also mean, they can no longer dictate the size of my freedom of speech ?? Perhaps, not even the content ?? Not even the colors or combinations, regardless of being in an historical area or residential or industrial ??

So, if I wanna slap some dumb passage of nonsense, I can just willy-nilly it anywhere I see fit without any worry of setbacks, heights or any other laws on the books ?? I mean, if these laws stifle my freedom, I should be able to do whatever I want, huh ??

Johnny Best

billboard.jpg
what it led to...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
So, with this point of view, does this also mean, they can no longer dictate the size of my freedom of speech ?? Perhaps, not even the content ?? Not even the colors or combinations, regardless of being in an historical area or residential or industrial ??...

Pretty much. And it's not 'no longer', rather it's that they never could.

...So, if I wanna slap some dumb passage of nonsense, I can just willy-nilly it anywhere I see fit without any worry of setbacks, heights or any other laws on the books ?? I mean, if these laws stifle my freedom, I should be able to do whatever I want, huh ??

No, it doesn't mean that. I means that if you want to contest some edict or another enacted by the provincial tribal elders in your village you have to sue them. A suit which you will win when it inevitably reaches a federal court.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Bob must be a card carrying member of the ACLU.

No, not even close. When the ACLU defends all ten of the amendments that constitute the bill of rights with equal zeal, instead of just those articles they happen to like at the moment, I might consider supporting them. Until then, not a chance.

TimToad

Bob must be a card carrying member of the ACLU.

Yes, it would be so awful for any of us to belong to an organization whose sole purpose has been to protect and advocate for OUR civil rights for the last 97 years. It has survived wars, segregation, the McCarthy witchhunts and countless other attempts to stifle our freedoms.

Johnny Best

Wish I belonged to ACLU, that would mean I might have a law degree which would also mean I am not on a sign blog playing parts as Clarence Darrow and William Jennings Bryan.

Note: these laws are made by the Villages as bob likes to call them, to protect us from unsightly trucks, garbage, unkept lawns, obnoxious painted houses and so forth. But when you are at a red light at 3am in a quiet part of town and you see no one is around for miles, is it bad to go through the red light when you know it is against the law or argue with the cop who happened to be at a donut shop across the street and see you run the light. You can go to court and fight it knowing you might lose or pay the fine.
If you don't like the way the laws are in your town, stand up as the people who wrote our Bill of Rights and do something about it. Not by getting your musket and shooting someone but running for office or supporting someone with your vote. This OP is bitching because he loves his car wrap, and wants to park it in front of his house no matter what the neighbors think or feel. So much for harmony in the Hive Colony.

Last edited:

decalman

I use magnets even on my service truck. There is too much hostile regulations against people trying to make an honest living.