• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Code Violation: Can't park my commercial vehicle at my own house?!

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
I spoke to the code enforcing supervisor. Not much luck. He was straight up d*ck.
When I asked him why can't I park my own car at my own house he's answer was:
Your car, your house, in MY city.
When I told him there are plenty of actual commercial cars in every street right around me he was said he is more then happy to send out the code enforcer one more time then.
I just hang up on him. I was ready to yell at him.

I do not think that any of my neighbors called them. I saw the code enforce truck 2 weeks ago looking at another house in my street. I happened to come home just before he got to my house.
The supervisor said it's considered commercial because it's fully wrapped. Which is total BS; my wife's car is also fully wrapped in solid color and it has lettering on it with my company name, phone number and web address.
He said that the advertisement it's more than %20
I might lay out the vehicle and calculate out what is the real percentage of the logo and contact info compared to the car surface in sq inch.

Oh, and the supervisor also said he wouldn't wanna see my car in his neighborhood. Almost told him to go F himself.
Also thought about not taking pics of other commercial cars. I don't want to throw them under the bus.
There is a box truck in the next street with all cracked up vinyl wrap. I think the car is broken. I have seen it for years. There is also a vomit yellow utility truck in my street. How are those not eyesore?

Techman

For what its worth.
Our local nazi's tried to force a land owner to remove his large trailers with letterin gon them.
He fought sued them in court an won.
There is such a thing as free speech and those trying to stifle free speech will lose every time.
Your vehicle is free speech. You can with this in court with the right approach.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
...He said that the advertisement it's more than %20.

Did they measure it? Once, many years ago, the trash service left an unemptied container on my curb. This being a very small town, I call and their spokesbeing said that it weighed more than so many pounds. I don't remember exactly now many was this magical limit. I asked if they weighed it. They allowed as how they hadn't. I told them to get themselves back out here and either weigh it or haul it off. They hauled it off.

But that was just me having fun. As for you, call this functionary back and ask it if it comprehends the concept of 'Congress shall make no law..." and tell it that if it and its apparatus persists in its conspiracy to deprive you of your civil rights then your next call will be to the ALCU. If it ignores you, call them, They live for for a chance to defend the first amendment.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i'd go ray donovan on his ass, guarantee he's doing something wrong....everybody does something wrong at some point...find his

2B

Who is Ray Donovan?
LMGTFY

to the OP,

sounds like you have 2 options
  • read the rules, find all points that are connected to this matter. verifying or disproving the code officer comments.
  • if you have a strong case for keeping the wrap visible, then go to his boss with your findings.
  • go to the city council meeting and voice your findings in public records, as others said get the news involved and blast it on social media
    • be aware that most people are VERY PETTY and his comments leads one to believe that he will single you out and start looking for ways to go after you

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
My vote is to go stealth with the car cover.
The inspector will never know it's there.
car_cover.jpg

wayne k
guam usa

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You know, the problem with a lotta these suggestions is.... sometimes payback is a real b!tch. You prove some local yocal wrong and he's gonna come back tenfold. You're playing with fire at this point.

Sometimes you just hafta sit back for a moment and weigh out your possibilities, then figure out what's worth it or not.

Johnny Best

LMGTFY: Ray Donovan, Secretary of Labor under Ronald Reagan or the TV show guy. If it is a fictitious character, why not be Batman. Not very good advice to give someone dealing with code violations.
Have never seen that show, I only watch Rachel Maddow, now she is scary.

bob

You know, the problem with a lotta these suggestions is.... sometimes payback is a real b!tch. You prove some local yocal wrong and he's gonna come back tenfold. You're playing with fire at this point.

Sometimes you just hafta sit back for a moment and weigh out your possibilities, then figure out what's worth it or not.

Or you pound them into the ground like a tent peg. Which not only is far more satisfying but makes them loath to ever fuque with you again. Ever.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Or you pound them into the ground like a tent peg. Which not only is far more satisfying but makes them loath to ever fuque with you again. Ever.

On paper... maybe, but in real life, get real. It ain't gonna happen. Use the guy for a tent peg and he'll use you for a poster boy sweeping streets and picking up garbage. They have the power and WILL use it. Freedom of speech goes so far and then zippo, you're paying dearly for your free speech rights. Granted one might slip through and you get your needed revenge, but that is rare, especially these days with all the bitter people out there..... with power.

bob

On paper... maybe, but in real life, get real. It ain't gonna happen. Use the guy for a tent peg and he'll use you for a poster boy sweeping streets and picking up garbage. They have the power and WILL use it. Freedom of speech goes so far and then zippo, you're paying dearly for your free speech rights. Granted one might slip through and you get your needed revenge, but that is rare, especially these days with all the bitter people out there..... with power.

If you don't stand up for your rights you're sure to lose them. Anyone who lives in fear of some trivial local functionary deserves everything that happens to them. Worse, you encourage their antisocial behavior. Best to rip them limb from limb, at least figuratively, and leave them in fear of you, not vice versa.

Sort of like the story of the guy who had an elephant that offered $100.00 to anyone that could make the elephant jump into the air. Another fellow approached the elephant and smashed its testicles between a pair of bricks. He collected is $100.00. Sometime later the same elephant was on display with an offer of $100.00 to anyone who could make the beast shake its head no. The guy with the bricks approached the animal and asked "Do you remember what I did to you?". The elephant nodded its head yeas. He then asked "Do you want me to do it again?" The elephant shook its head no.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you don't stand up for your rights you're sure to lose them. Anyone who lives in fear of some trivial local functionary deserves everything that happens to them. Worse, you encourage their antisocial behavior. Best to rip them limb from limb, at least figuratively, and leave them in fear of you, not vice versa.

Sort of like the story of the guy who had an elephant that offered $100.00 to anyone that could make the elephant jump into the air. Another fellow approached the elephant and smashed its testicles between a pair of bricks. He collected is $100.00. Sometime later the same elephant was on display with an offer of $100.00 to anyone who could make the beast shake its head no. The guy with the bricks approached the animal and asked "Do you remember what I did to you?". The elephant nodded its head yeas. He then asked "Do you want me to do it again?" The elephant shook its head no.

We did just that a few years ago.

We were told we don't have enough parking spaces on our property for the number of employees and possible customers for our 10,000 sq ft facility. We have 32 spaces available on our parking lot and 5 spaces available on the street in front of our place. That includes 2 handicapped spaces with proper distance turnabout for them. Proper turning radius was included for fire vehicles or other emergency vehicles if needed when lot is parked full. The Borough Manager said he needed engineer plans, so we took the plans from being surveyed just a year prior to this, indicated where everything was and the manager said, I needed actual engineer stamped plans. I said they are genuine plans from just last year. Nothing's changed other than your false accusation of not enough parking. He said, Okay then, come to the next township meeting and we'll see. So, we went to the next meeting and finally it came up. We stated our findings and the Police Commissioner accepted it, the Fire Marshal accepted it, we had statements from our insurance company and then the frickin' manager stood up and said, those drawings are fake. I told him they cost $1,100.00 and they are not fake. So, I had another set drawn up, they looked exactly the same, except for the date stamped on it. The next meeting we took them in and everyone accepted them again, but the manager said, we're going to have to table this, until we can look further into it. I stood up and said, what am I supposed to do while you play your power games ?? I'm running a business, doing all the Police cars here, the borough trucks, the borough banners, signs and just about everything else in this place and now you wanna shut me down with some kinda fake accusation ?? Then, my wife stood up and said, but Jamahl, how are we supposed to survive with these conditions ?? We 've been paying taxes out here for almost 20 years. They were completely acceptable when we moved in here in 2001 and here it is 12 years later, and you want to change what the other manager gave permission for us to have ?? He said, we could continue with business, but he better not see the limit surpassed or he will personally close us down. That's never happened and other than having to pay a second time for those drawings, nothing came of it, but this idiot of a manager with his power struggle with American power has become the enemy. He sends digs anywhere he can and tries to discourage people from using us. Most people around here, know he's a d!ck, but that doesn't stop him from trying.

You can fight City Hall, but it ain't a good idea..... ya almost never win in reality...... figuratively does not exist.

Marlene

there are no "rights" that say you can do as you please. we set up these trivial local people to come up with regs so that we don't have to live in a world of full of crap. if you don't like the regs, you can run for office or hire a lawyer. these regs sound like they were created to keep people from doing what this car was designed to do and that is be a billboard. when you fight for a right, it should be for something worth fighting for and not because you just want to get away with something that isn't allowed.

bob

there are no "rights" that say you can do as you please. we set up these trivial local people to come up with regs so that we don't have to live in a world of full of crap. if you don't like the regs, you can run for office or hire a lawyer. these regs sound like they were created to keep people from doing what this car was designed to do and that is be a billboard. when you fight for a right, it should be for something worth fighting for and not because you just want to get away with something that isn't allowed.

Yes, Virginia there are rights. Perhaps you might familiarize yourself with them. Some local apparatus cannot willy-nilly enact any regulation that they might dream up. Legislation, at all levels of any apparatus, must conform to the constitution. Those making these regulations seldom seem to be aware of this document and the requirement that they cleave to it. If you let them get away with it, regardless of your sophomoric rationalizations, you lose much more than the immediate issue. You cede freedom.

If someone came to me and said they have a way to end all war, famine, pestilence, and all other unpleasantness that plagues the human race, and all that it would require would be for me to give up some obscure trivial right that I posses I'd tell them to go pound sand. Find another way.

brycesteiner

How about put pictures of orphan kids (specifically different people groups) on the side of your vehicle -- Donate to the orphanage and put pic and advertise phone no. how people can also donate to the orphanage. Then if they complain go to the all the TV stations about the city wants to stop funding to help the poor black, asian, white, etc. kids). Let this guy answer to the people--especially if he is up for election!

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How about put pictures of orphan kids (specifically different people groups) on the side of your vehicle -- Donate to the orphanage and put pic and advertise phone no. how people can also donate to the orphanage. Then if they complain go to the all the TV stations about the city wants to stop funding to help the poor black, asian, white, etc. kids). Let this guy answer to the people.

Yeah, that'll really get ya in good with the law. Now, you're gonna steal pictures of kids [which probably won't be orphans at all] without their permission, falsely advertise and then advertise a fake business with a fake call in number. Yep, let him explain while you listen to it over cell block D radio system. :banghead:

This thread just gets better and better. From punching the law out, to false advertising and still trying to stay 2 steps ahead of the law. Didn't Billy the Kid try this sorta stuff ??