• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Company truck wrap design - Tear it apart!

HulkSmash

I wouldn't put services. Let your company name speak for itself.

Branding, website, number.
maybe a slogan or something.

This is what we advertise:
[FONT=LeagueGothicRegular, Arial, sans serif]COMMERCIAL WRAPS・ENVIRONMENTAL GRAPHICS・COLLABORATIVE DESIGN[/FONT]​

bikecomedy

ROFLMAO John,

Looks just like me too. You're awesome!!!

I gotta know... did ya draw it with a cup a coffee in your hand too?

Deaton Design

Bikecomedys layouts look great. Sometimes its really hard to design for yourself, and sometimes it just pops and is there.
You are getting alot of good advice here from some great people, and some not so great advice, lol, but that goes with the
territory. Keep plugging away and with your attitude and commitment, no doubt you'll end up with something you can be
proud of. :)

OldPaint

Must have been nice to be perfect on your first day on the job old paint. Some of us come here to learn, others come here to share wisdom. While some come here to be as *** and vent the misery in their own lives on people who they don't even know. Fortunately most of us fit into the first two categories.
GEE, touch a nerve with you??? too bad.
1st off i been doin this work longer then you been alive. i dont need your approval of 30 years of my design/layout skills. i was drawing at age 4,(1950) painting sign by age 12,(1957) am a draftsman by training(1964), went to PENN STATE(1976) as an art major. pass that, ALL I WAS DOING WAS ASKING.... why people get into this work, and most cant draw stick figures.

Pat Whatley

Whoah whoah whoah.....you mean to tell me 401graphics .COM was taken sooo you just used .NET ? (very small on your layout)
People are going to go to the .com site instead many times...and that site sucks. But at least it's not just a Facebook page.
Do yourself a favor and get a real website with a .com suffix.
And...as for your wrap design...Less is More.

401graphics.com is the same company. I'm sure the website will be redone to tie in with whatever wrap design ends up being used.

bikecomedy

Whoa John ... looks great on your ride. ;)

Hot Rod Jonny Butto.jpg

BTW John when your pedaling down the driveway how fast do you have to go before you need the chute?

All kidding aside I would seriously like to know if there is any study or research about the idea of telling people/clients what you do is the most prominent part of a sign instead of your brand or name? I read this somewhere and can't find where I read it. I thought it was in The Signage Sourcebook or On-Premise Signs as Storefront Marketing Devices and Systems. Of course this only applies to small businesses with limited advertising dollars... But since a few people are sharing that it's better to promote your brand first over your product I was hoping to verify this in some sort of study... of course I can always take the consensus if need be. Always have felt that companies with their service or product in their names saved a lot of trouble for lay out and design.

Just plain common sense tells me that in the miliseconds we have to get a client and have them act on a moving sign, that the product or service would come first in a design and who/how to call second. Third the company. Of course we all know common sense is not so common.

John again thanks for the laugh today... Great drawing... How much for the copyright? Can I use it for my Avatar? ... It is funny and darn clever.

Your thoughts?

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I WAS DOING WAS ASKING.... why people get into this work, and most cant draw stick figures.

clipart is cheap ... actual art skills aren't. It's like a buddy of mine once said ... "Women cost time, money and/or energy. ... and art is a cruel *****, which is why I stick to prostitutes ... it costs less."

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Just want to say to 401Graphics, that you have my respect. Some of this stuff is out of line and harsh, but you obviously are interested in getting better and improving.

:corndog: <--- take this as my token of my appreciation

TDFcustomSL

Just want to say to 401Graphics, that you have my respect. Some of this stuff is out of line and harsh, but you obviously are interested in getting better and improving.

:goodpost: couldn't agree more. It is obvious that he is here to improve, as are a lot of us. No one is perfect and those that are willing to listen and try to improve will be the ones that come out on top IMO

401Graphics

I accept your corn dog of appreciation sir. I shall vacuum seal it and frame it on the wall, to stare at proudly every day (or possible eat if i forget to pack a lunch).

Dan Antonelli

Whoa John ... looks great on your ride. ;)

View attachment 92372

BTW John when your pedaling down the driveway how fast do you have to go before you need the chute?

All kidding aside I would seriously like to know if there is any study or research about the idea of telling people/clients what you do is the most prominent part of a sign instead of your brand or name? I read this somewhere and can't find where I read it. I thought it was in The Signage Sourcebook or On-Premise Signs as Storefront Marketing Devices and Systems. Of course this only applies to small businesses with limited advertising dollars... But since a few people are sharing that it's better to promote your brand first over your product I was hoping to verify this in some sort of study... of course I can always take the consensus if need be. Always have felt that companies with their service or product in their names saved a lot of trouble for lay out and design.

Just plain common sense tells me that in the miliseconds we have to get a client and have them act on a moving sign, that the product or service would come first in a design and who/how to call second. Third the company. Of course we all know common sense is not so common.

It's always about the brand when it comes to truck wraps. But the reason why most fail or deliver a poor ROI is actually because of the brand. Poor brands can't be made into effective truck wraps. You can try and wrap it all around photos and senseless imagery, but none of those things serve to build a brand. You may find this blog post informative. http://graphicd-signs.blogspot.com/2012/03/top-5-rules-for-effective-vehicle-wraps.html

As it relates to studies on effectiveness - here's one stat I can share. A recent HVAC client of ours hired us to rebrand their fleet. We then redesigned their logo, because their current one was poor, especially for the medium. They have used a tracking number on their fleet for years, so they knew exactly how many calls they averaged before the redesign, and afterwards. The results even surprised me. It was an 865% increase in leads generated with the new wrap versus the old one.

People don't realize how important their wraps are for their business, and why their brand needs to driving force behind the messaging and brand promise.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I looked over all the designs, so far the most successful ones are the ones with the 'signs' element at an angle ... though i tend to dislike putting a huge element that completely overshadows the company name. hell, the times I've been able to use it successfully was when it was a seperation for a huge photo of what the company does ... and even then I disliked it.

make the logo your primary focus, secondary elements (like what you do, services you offer, hobbies, hopes, dreams, the secret to making a perfect cheese cake, whatever) should not dwarf your primary elements unless its something that is not readily apparent (like a company called something like 'THE 411' needing that secondary element to tell exactly what they do.) but with 401 Graphics ... i'm going to assume you're a graphics company in the 401 area code so really just a small element for people who are actually interested in your company.

Textures and creative elements (patterns, designs, etc) are fine, just make it not so in your face ugly as sin.

bikecomedy

Another version with thread suggestions...

truck graphics ver 11.jpg

Based on Dan's suggestions is there a logo for 401Graphics? Like your favorite animal as a sign painter? Manga style cartoon?

401Graphics

I like it. The wife doesn't really like it much because she said this can all be done with just cut vinyl, and doesnt show our ability to print full color. Maybe add some kind of background pattern like Adam did on his wrap. (see pic)

Attachments

• 1116127_705087852842076_1497194836_o.jpg
    1116127_705087852842076_1497194836_o.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 76

bikecomedy

No Problem ... since fashion is not allowed to copyright their designs how about this Gucci version?

truck graphics ver 13.jpg

PS do you have a logo? This is a place where that feature/service could be displayed.