• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Copyright Violation Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForgeInc

Ha! "....the lady with the hats." Ah, the good old days.

Addie, seriously. Give me a break. Your Mom owns the company!

It's not like you designed it for a new client and now all that business is gone. Are you really going to lose that much 18x24 coro business with Mom running the show?

At least you never ceases to amuse.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Addie............

This has certainly gotten off track and if you want it closed.... maybe you should contact the admins.... quickly.

But before we go........ is this you ??​

Attachments

• Addie i think.jpg
    Addie i think.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 111

Locals Find!

Addie............

This has certainly gotten off track and if you want it closed.... maybe you should contact the admins.... quickly.

But before we go........ is this you ??​

Nope not me that was two owners of a 4x4 shop. That was taken quite a few years ago. I have nothing to do with any of the websites posted other than my own. I do my own thing.

I also have nothing to do with any photography in anyway whatsoever. Not my business.

As for my site with the hit counter. Well i just put it on a few days ago to be able to quickly track some traffic from a new marketing piece I put out.

The site maybe simple compared to many of yours, but it does the job for the people who use it. I get a lot of compliments from customers that its clean simple and too the point. They like they can find what they want and move on to something else with out a lot of nonsense getting in the way. I design for my customers wants and needs not the design communities'

Bigdawg

Just Me
That's where I'm confused... the other sign shop is using the logo.. apparently with Jones' blessing... so why are you going after sign shop? Jones has obviously authorized it's use as by them so why wouldn't you just have them tell other sign shop to stop making their stuff?

Locals Find!

That's where I'm confused... the other sign shop is using the logo.. apparently with Jones' blessing... so why are you going after sign shop? Jones has obviously authorized it's use as by them so why wouldn't you just have them tell other sign shop to stop making their stuff?

Rather than having to explain this all over please just kill this thread. Its giving me a headache.

HulkSmash

That. Photography. Website.............................................................................................................................................................................................

Addy please give us a pic of you. I need to associate a face with you.

Locals Find!

For you Stacy I will explain once more. Only because you helped me out on some stuff in the past.

I designed the logo. I maintain all copyrights to it. I produce all the work for Jones & Co (Corporate) the agents buy stuff from me (signs, business cards etc..) one agent I know well (Agent Y). Had a personal relationship with another shop (Shop X) Shop X asked for logo to do Agent Y's signs. I agreed to send them logo with license stating it was for this one use for this one person Agent Y and could not be used elsewhere or reproduced on anything other than Agent Y's one order.

Shop X started to advertise they had the logo and used it on other products. In violation of license agreement.

I sent a certified Cease & Desist yesterday. Should arrive later today or tomorrow.

Original client Jones was not charged for logo as no funding for it was available. In return I receive desk space in office & sole corporate work, and control of logo.

NEGD

Rather than having to explain this all over please just kill this thread. Its giving me a headache.

Don't kill this... it's a good learning experience for someone who may or may not be in the same predicament.

As for the rights to the logo, many have posted that you need to have a copyright on the property unless it's an original design. I'm not sure if the use of a font with a line element will qualify as "original" design.

My thought is: get informed. not just from what people say on here but actually do some research into copyrights and what rights you have with your electronic communications as opposed to a written, signed agreement.

You sent the artwork, it's gone. Get over it an move on.

Suggestion: Convince your mothers/sisters/cousins/Jones' company to re-brand and establish a copyrighted logo. Common, it's family right?

HulkSmash

oh so you sent it certified USPS? that should DEFINITELY send a message. :rolleyes:

Correct me if im wrong, but you OUTSOURCE all your printing correct? You're more of a broker?

Locals Find!

oh so you sent it certified USPS? that should DEFINITELY send a message. :rolleyes:

Correct me if im wrong, but you OUTSOURCE all your printing correct? You're more of a broker?

No your not wrong. Like many on here I own an old plotter I bought a long long time ago that hasn't been used in so long I don't even know if it would work anymore.

I outsource 100% of my work. Since the products that make money are all full color and I don't have the volume to justify having my own equipment yet.

If you wanna call me a broker, jobber or whatever its all the same to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.