• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customers banner...What do you think?

GoodPeopleFlags

You might try to point out to the client that the object of this project is to generate business. In order to do that it's his potential customer base that must be, if not pleased, at least not disgusted at the sight of it.

Whether he likes the way it might look or not is a product of his sense of aesthetics or complete lack thereof, and has nothing whatsoever to do with the effectiveness of the banner.

You can't always get customers to see the err of their ways. Here's an example. Guy wanted yard signs. Has had his logo for years, so no changing that. Wanted to add the photo. I did the layout on the right, trying to make the best out of what I had to work with. He came in and made changes you see on the left. Loves it. I told him it was bad. He said it was his signs and he's the one who made the decision. OK! Here's your sign...

Attachments

• rea.jpg
    rea.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 82

CES020

Some of you must not each much barbeque!!! I'd eat all of dishes on the banner and enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:munchie: :munchie: :munchie:

Jillbeans

I think I must be the only person in the US of A who does not like BBQ.
I am a chronic tooth flosser, just the thought of pulled pork makes me twitch.
SG86 thanks for the compliment.

stickermonkey

You can't always get customers to see the err of their ways. Here's an example. Guy wanted yard signs. Has had his logo for years, so no changing that. Wanted to add the photo. I did the layout on the right, trying to make the best out of what I had to work with. He came in and made changes you see on the left. Loves it. I told him it was bad. He said it was his signs and he's the one who made the decision. OK! Here's your sign...

Unreal ! :noway:

R08

In Canada we love our BBQ's but we don't to compete to prove anything and we don't do pulled pork... What the heck is "pulled pork"??

CES020

In Canada we love our BBQ's but we don't to compete to prove anything and we don't do pulled pork... What the heck is "pulled pork"??

If you don't know what "pulled pork" is, you don't "love your BBQ's" as much as you think you do!

Mmmmmmmmm........pork...... :munchie:

signgal

Man, it's like people don't read other critique posts on here before loadin' up work... and 10 minutes? Why bother? I'm not kidding, I thought this was a joke when I read the OP before I even looked at the "layout".

Last edited:

R08

If you don't know what "pulled pork" is, you don't "love your BBQ's" as much as you think you do!

Mmmmmmmmm........pork...... :munchie:

I can see it's a big thing over there but is doesn't look BBQ to me. Looks like all that stuff would fall through the grill. .. just sayin.

But I would love to try it.

Replicator

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth . . .

Start over and tell you customer they're an idiot for liking this !

CES020

LOL @ Rob :)

Trust me, it's serious business from our state south. Bad mouth someone's barbeque and you'll end up in the swamp as alligator food :)

Just to defend the "sandwich throwing up" comments, have a look at google images and you'll see they all look the same. You might also note that the image on the banner was the first image to come up in google search, so this guy really looked long and hard to define his business. What bothers me more is it's not a photo of HIS food.

Pulled Pork Photos in Google :
http://www.google.com/images?q=pull...n-US:official&tbs=isch:1&sa=N&start=0&ndsp=21

GoodPeopleFlags

Man, it's like people don't read other critique posts on here before loadin' up work... and 10 minutes? Why bother? I'm not kidding, I thought this was a joke when I read the OP before I even looked at the "layout".

I'm not sure if the OP wanted a critique being that he/she has repeatedly said that he/she didn't like it either. So then I wondered, why post it asking what we think if you already know it's crap?
:help

signgal

I'm not sure if the OP wanted a critique being that he/she has repeatedly said that he/she didn't like it either. So then I wondered, why post it asking what we think if you already know it's crap?
:help

Actually, he states in the OP that he likes it but would only have "jazzed" it up more. I think his admiration of his 10 minute layout diminished when he saw the negative comments. So, as I said, I can't imagine reading the wonderfully constructive threads posted on this site and posting something like that. No one learns or benefits from a post like this. I've seen some sub-par work on here develop into something to be proud of through contribution and effort on the poster's part. I just think it's a shame to waste an opportunity for a real exchange of ideas.... *shrugs*

Marlene

What do you think of it I personally like it

from OP's first post

I honestly don't like the banner myself.

then later

I think the OP liked it until we said we didn't, then the OP didn't either...to me that is growth!

R08

LOL @ Rob :)

Trust me, it's serious business from our state south. Bad mouth someone's barbeque and you'll end up in the swamp as alligator food :)

Just to defend the "sandwich throwing up" comments, have a look at google images and you'll see they all look the same. You might also note that the image on the banner was the first image to come up in google search, so this guy really looked long and hard to define his business. What bothers me more is it's not a photo of HIS food.

Pulled Pork Photos in Google :
http://www.google.com/images?q=pull...n-US:official&tbs=isch:1&sa=N&start=0&ndsp=21

I did notice the google thing. But I looked a little further and found some nice ones that I even thought looked good.

So ya... :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: to our BBQ champs from the south.. I guess we've a lot to learn.

But on the note of it not being his I guess I'm guilty of that. Heck Macdonald's does it all the time. NONE of the burgers I get from there come close to there ad slicks.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Another exercise in mediocrity... you design in front of the customer, you generally get crap. This reminds me of the last thing the OP posted... you have been in business for 7 years, you say are no designer, what happened to the logo by the way? And people wonder why we get pissy on this site...

Fatboy

Imight not be very popular for saying this....I think there is way to many prima dona's on this forum. The minute one of the 'old timers' on this forum says something negative every one wants to be in with the 'in group'!They then starting to try to say something more horrible than the previous guy.....almost like in a feeding frenzy. I don,t think that it is that bad! Maybe just take the middle pic out. Jill,no offense but I would never have made that sugestion banner.My ten year old boy could do better.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
One more small thing. I always try to avoid using upper/lower case on an arc unless the customer absolutely demands it. When arcing type, all uppercase is much cleaner.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Imight not be very popular for saying this....I think there is way to many prima dona's on this forum. The minute one of the 'old timers' on this forum says something negative every one wants to be in with the 'in group'!They then starting to try to say something more horrible than the previous guy.....almost like in a feeding frenzy. I don,t think that it is that bad! Maybe just take the middle pic out. Jill,no offense but I would never have made that sugestion banner.My ten year old boy could do better.

Most people here are just calling like it is. I find that this forum is way more restrained than other forums where your comments might hold some truth. From my point of view the comments are honest. The layout sucks.

I would love to see something that your ten-year-old has done that might be better than what Jill has offered.

R08

What a horrible thing to say... :ROFLMAO:

and you seriously think that layout is 'not that bad'. Really??