• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customers banner...What do you think?

Perks

Supposing you try lengthening the width of the line of lettering to about 90% of the width of the banner and see what you think then.......

Fatboy

here we go ,here we go here we go.....hit a nerve? No one learns anything by being knocked like that. In Africa we call people that criticizes like that 'when we's'. When we walked barefoot to school...when we did this or that...get my point? Fact is bullies that operate in groups are as bad as gangsters in a dark ally! Help the man...he have the same right as anyone else to ask for advice without being knocked like that.Drop the puking nonsense and rather say stuff like...maybe try this or that...!

signgal

... and admittedly threw up (no pun intended) a 10 minute design. He didn't put in any effort. Why should anyone else? As I said, if you've looked at any of the design threads, which I find very helpful and constructive, you would not even attempt to post a 10 minute design, unless of course you are one of the genius' on this site who do masterpieces in that amount of time!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_calling_the_kettle_black

There is a little history with this particular poster and there is a trait where people ask for criticism, get some constructive comments that take time and thought, only to be rebuffed by some random defensive comment that add nothing to the conversation.

Fact is, a pulled pork sandwich is not the prettiest food... but it does eat good. the layout blows and there is nothing you can do after the fact or if the client has no taste. I am doing a really crappy layout right now... I'm not gonna show it because it would be a waste of everyones time going over the same ol' things that frustrate anyone in this business with even the smallest amount or experience or talent. I'm thinking little was learned here....

Fatboy

No bullies here. He or she asked for opinions and got them.

some started giving advice and then got personal,saying stuff like why is he posting something like that here? Why can't he post it?What is this forum all about then? Lets all learn constructively

Flame

Imight not be very popular for saying this....I think there is way to many prima dona's on this forum. The minute one of the 'old timers' on this forum says something negative every one wants to be in with the 'in group'!They then starting to try to say something more horrible than the previous guy.....almost like in a feeding frenzy. I don,t think that it is that bad! Maybe just take the middle pic out. Jill,no offense but I would never have made that sugestion banner.My ten year old boy could do better.
edit.

Not helping....

Last edited:

Fatboy

:design:
We call people that make comments like that around here dumba**'s.

I want to see the OP grow and improve or else I wouldn't have bothered making a post. We're a community, I'll help a bro out if I can but I gotta throw out an honest opinion to start with.

If you seriously think his was better than Jills it pretty well goes to show you are in no shape/form a designer. I ain't no prima donna, and I am SURE not the best designer here, but I've picked up on general do's and don'ts and you obviously haven't. Next time you come to play ball bring your ball and bat.
Don't flatter yourself Flame. This is not about you.(by the way I though you where one of few people that had something constructive to say...well done for that)

Fatboy

You linked me in with the rest of some good folks giving out good advice and you throw out some BS at us. :doh:

Not nice hey? Are you upset now? Why? Because I gave you my opinion? Wouldn't it be better if everyone just talked nicely to each other?

Flame

Not nice hey? Are you upset now? Why? Because I gave you my opinion? Wouldn't it be better if everyone just talked nicely to each other?

welllll

Jill,no offense but I would never have made that sugestion banner.My ten year old boy could do better.

we were doing good in this thread until this. :) :wine-smi:

But yeah, I'm not helping. So edited, but dude, no offense, it's re-evaluation time

R08

I dunno - I thought I made this one look pretty good.

Oh ya... now that bad boy looks tasty! :omg:
Now I gotta find out how to make that.

butts1005aw1.jpg

artsnletters

UOTE=Fatboy;706817]Imight not be very popular for saying this....I think there is way to many prima dona's on this forum. The minute one of the 'old timers' on this forum says something negative every one wants to be in with the 'in group'!They then starting to try to say something more horrible than the previous guy.....almost like in a feeding frenzy. I don,t think that it is that bad! Maybe just take the middle pic out. Jill,no offense but I would never have made that sugestion banner.My ten year old boy could do better.[/QUOTE]

it isn't about being in the "in group"....Quite a lot of people subscribe to the "if you can't cay something nice, don't say anything " mantra and kinda sugar coat things when what they should be saying it looks like shit. How else does one expect someone to learn good and bad sign design if every body plays nice and doesn't speak the plain truth?
I didn't even comment on the original posters comment cause i was thinking maybe it was a joke....(one of the worst layouts i've seen) and becoming more and more a common thing, as the ease of getting into the sign business, makes it so people who really have NO business being IN the sign/design business are producing and selling "funky" products to the public. Maybe thats too harsh, OK...i get it. Bottom line...you don't learn and grow as a designer/sign maker if everyone blows sunshine up your ass.

here we go ,here we go here we go.....hit a nerve? No one learns anything by being knocked like that. In Africa we call people that criticizes like that 'when we's'. When we walked barefoot to school...when we did this or that...get my point? Fact is bullies that operate in groups are as bad as gangsters in a dark ally! Help the man...he have the same right as anyone else to ask for advice without being knocked like that.Drop the puking nonsense and rather say stuff like...maybe try this or that...!
So where do we start: go back to school and come back when you can understand design principles regarding the fundamentals? No....there are quite a few suggestions that people gave as far as constructive criticism goes. Some even go as far as designing a quickie sample, which you then sink to the level of which you apparently abhor, and state "your 10 yo son could do better". So bashing isn't out of your skill set. I notice you didn't post up a sample banner for everyone to see either. Bullies..thats funny right there.

I guess the simple truth of the matter is that NOBODY has to apprentice at this trade or go to school anymore. You just plunk down your hard earned cash, go buy a computer, get a bootleg sign program, a digital printer/plotter and VOILA your a sign designer/maker! Then its just sign up for a internet forum for free knowledge on how to do stuff running the gamut from basic design skills to color theory and RIPs. Maybe thats why some people have that "prima donna" attitude you refer to. So hit a nerve? Ya think?
Tim

SignManiac

Thought I'd jump in and help with a design idea. Took twenty minutes, so with a little more effort he could have come up with something a little nicer.

Attachments

• rat brisket.jpg
    rat brisket.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 92

Fatboy

UOTE=Fatboy;706817]Imight not be very popular for saying this....I think there is way to many prima dona's on this forum. The minute one of the 'old timers' on this forum says something negative every one wants to be in with the 'in group'!They then starting to try to say something more horrible than the previous guy.....almost like in a feeding frenzy. I don,t think that it is that bad! Maybe just take the middle pic out. Jill,no offense but I would never have made that sugestion banner.My ten year old boy could do better.

it isn't about being in the "in group"....Quite a lot of people subscribe to the "if you can't cay something nice, don't say anything " mantra and kinda sugar coat things when what they should be saying it looks like shit. How else does one expect someone to learn good and bad sign design if every body plays nice and doesn't speak the plain truth?
I didn't even comment on the original posters comment cause i was thinking maybe it was a joke....(one of the worst layouts i've seen) and becoming more and more a common thing, as the ease of getting into the sign business, makes it so people who really have NO business being IN the sign/design business are producing and selling "funky" products to the public. Maybe thats too harsh, OK...i get it. Bottom line...you don't learn and grow as a designer/sign maker if everyone blows sunshine up your ass.

So where do we start: go back to school and come back when you can understand design principles regarding the fundamentals? No....there are quite a few suggestions that people gave as far as constructive criticism goes. Some even go as far as designing a quickie sample, which you then sink to the level of which you apparently abhor, and state "your 10 yo son could do better". So bashing isn't out of your skill set. I notice you didn't post up a sample banner for everyone to see either. Bullies..thats funny right there.

I guess the simple truth of the matter is that NOBODY has to apprentice at this trade or go to school anymore. You just plunk down your hard earned cash, go buy a computer, get a bootleg sign program, a digital printer/plotter and VOILA your a sign designer/maker! Then its just sign up for a internet forum for free knowledge on how to do stuff running the gamut from basic design skills to color theory and RIPs. Maybe thats why some people have that "prima donna" attitude you refer to. So hit a nerve? Ya think?
Tim[/QUOTE]

Take it easy my friend. I get you totally!All I am saying is that there is ways to say things. I think people show their character by how they say things.