• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dear PEPSI...I hate you!

Shadowglen

Well I lost out on several reunion banners for the fourth parade because the Bud distributer is doing them for next to nothing. The distributers wife works for the Convention and visitors center where most people planning events check with for suppliers

peavey123

I don't get that?! Who cares if it's free. It's a soda-pop advert as a restaurant sign. That would make me not want to go inside because I don't drink pop, but if your sign was up, I'd give the place a try.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Have you tried explaining to them the value of advertising space & that they are giving PEPSI 50% of their available space for much less then it's worth? Then pair that with any contract stipulations involved the cost can greatly outweigh the true cost of their own sign.

If it's going to be about dollars and cents sometimes you have to get to that level and show them on paper what that free sign actually costs in comparison to yours.

fresh

This is what I say to the people who are always looking for free or internet prices...

We are part of our local economy. I purchase goods from local shops so they can hire other businesses (eg. a landscaper) who then has enough money and need for signs. The landscaper comes to me to letter his truck, and I pay my employee enough that she can go out to dinner, and the loop continues. Its a closed circuit, and if you don't want to contribute you'll never benefit from it.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
That banner wasn't free. He bought/is going to buy plenty of Pepsi to long make up for the cost of that banner.

That banner is not competing with you. Chances are if Pepsi didn't do that one for free, he wouldn't have bought a premium one from you anyway. He might have come to you for something cheap, but what's the point of that?

It's not just Pepsi. All beverage companies and many food companies do it. It's just part of the game. Go get some business that cares about good design and leave this one be. I think too many of us spend too much time worrying about the competition more than the customer. Focus on what the customer wants [and what you can provide the customer at a reasonable wage for yourself] and the rest will work out!

SignManiac

The quality of a sign used in any business is often a tell tale indicator of said business' potential for success or failure. It's a good indicator of their business judgement!

Pat Whatley

First of all it's Pepsi....that right there is a bigger deterrent to restaurant business than the ugly sign.

Pepsi will have $60 invested in that sign when it's all said and done....they'll make that back on the first order. Don't sweat it....nothing else has survived in that building. You'll have the chance to make somebody else a sign in a couple of years....unless Coca-cola beats you to it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
At least they didn't get the company that supplies the feminine personal hygiene products in the restrooms to sponsor the sign........

wayne k
guam usa

Techman

just chatted with a client today. He got several 24 x 30 FREE coro printed signs from coke .

They look reasonable. All except for one thing. His sandwich shop has great food.. They pictured his sandwich and fries with a cup of coke. Guess how big the cup was compared to the sandwich. Of course the cup of coke was the star of the graphic on the sign while his sandwich pictured as a small companion. He was not happy at all. I got the job to produce some better signs for him because of it. So it looks like we can win when these FREE deals fail.

Marlene

there is a restaurant in Wells Maine in a hole in the wall, run down mini mall with the worst looking sign in town. it is totally nephew art and looks hand made. we are planning a day trip to go down just so we can go to that restaurant as it has a great breakfast. we like to think we make a world of difference with a great sign but some times, it doesn't matter much at all if the food is great.

shoresigns

That banner is definitely going to hurt their business. It doesn't look appealing or inviting at all to a potential customer that might walk by. I wouldn't eat there.

What I'm wondering is why the customer would pay you to come up with a great design and then not make a sign out of it.

copythat

I have to totally agree.

I am big on window graphics in my neighborhood. All of a sudden I see pizza shops and restaurants with perf material my specialty all over the windows. One shop I buy slices from tells me that I can't beat their price. FREE. REALLY? First I have to compete with a big beer distributor that provides FREE banners and signs to all their vendors & unethical employees working there, providing signage in the side. Now Pepsi? I though it was just local.

Geez