• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Denver Area Shooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Prayers and thoughts to all the victims, their families and all the others wounded.

Many lives have been tragically changed....... forever, here.

As this happens more and more, we as a nation are becoming more and more used to it and do nothing to stop it. We tend to talk about it and then go on with our own lives, never looking back. While the news keeps it plastered on the television, radio Utube or whatever, we think about it......and then thank God or your lucky stars, it wasn't you or yours. Then, it's on to the next horrific thing which takes place.

We're becoming more callous towards all of this and slowly becoming a people which doesn't care about each other, but seem more tuned in to lip service. Without protecting ourselves and making it more difficult for these deranged people to do this stuff..... we're doomed.

Not to go political, but if our rights to have guns to defend ourselves is further brought into play, we'll all be at the mercy of those who can still get illegal guns and do this stuff, without any hope for defending ourselves.​

anotherdog

My thoughts also go to the families...

I know Americans have there right to bear arms (and arm bears), but just imagine for a moment if a dozen people in the smoke filled theatre had guns and started "protecting" themselves. The body count would have skyrocketed.

It's sad, but until someone looks at gun control nationally in the USA, crazy people will have guns instead of knives. Only trained professionals should have guns.

My apologies to the many on this forum that enjoy hunting.

Scott Reynolds

I know Americans have there right to bear arms (and arm bears), but just imagine for a moment if a dozen people in the smoke filled theatre had guns and started "protecting" themselves. The body count would have skyrocketed.

Wrong. You point, aim and shoot. This sick-o would have only murdered a couple of people before being stopped.

Here in vegas, 3 armed gang members walked into a busy bar with guns drawn. Two left of them left the bar in body bags, the third one is still in prison. Not one customer was killed.

I would rather have one and never need it than need one and not have it.

TammieH

My 2 cents...One comment about bad parenting...not necessarily. There are varying degrees of mental health problems, some that may or may never come to the surface until set off by a triggering event or multiple events.

I am anti gun, and a pacifist and I realize that stronger gun control most likely will never prevent tragedies like this. But I do believe we need to shake this love affair with guns and violence that we as Americans have.

Lastly, No One knows what they will do in a situation like what happened last night, a lot of people believe that they might be able to prevent tragedies like this; if only they were there and had a gun...maybe someone could have, but when faced with being under fire, one never knows until they are faced with the opportunity. I would hope that no one would ever have the need to find out though.

Love all people regardless...

HulkSmash

It's sad, but until someone looks at gun control nationally in the USA, crazy people will have guns instead of knives. Only trained professionals should have guns.

I have a few Canadian friends who claim that canada has more violence then the USA. You don't need guns to be violent, if someone wants to try to hurt someone they will find a way, weather it be guns.. or a more creative method.

IronHawk

Wrong. You point, aim and shoot. This sick-o would have only murdered a couple of people before being stopped.

Here in vegas, 3 armed gang members walked into a busy bar with guns drawn. Two left of them left the bar in body bags, the third one is still in prison. Not one customer was killed.

I would rather have one and never need it than need one and not have it.

+1 :thumb:

Flame

Uh huh. Gun control means nothing to the bad guys. I can't legally go buy a grenade, but I could within 24 hours obtain a couple. Pretty sure his tear gas things he hucked in there weren't legal, he still got them. Gun control just hurts the good guys.

Ok off my soapbox now...that whole thing is just ****ed up. Some sorry a** kid who lost it and decided to just go hurt random people he doesn't even know, so he can finally get attention in his life or some other whacked idea. I hope all those injured can pull through and recover from this horrible thing, to those who passed, RIP. Horrible, horrible thing to happen.

omgsideburns

Overzealous gun control is silly. A little bit is enough to deter, but people who want guns will get them. Peoples mental instability will cause them to commit violent acts regardless of what weapons are at their disposal. Yada yada. I don't carry, I don't even own, I just think it's funny how people jump to WE NEED MORE GUN CONTROL! when someone commits an act of violence with a gun. Take the guns away and they'll find something else.

http://gizmodo.com/5927379/the-secret-online-weapons-store-thatll-sell-anyone-anything

CanuckSigns

I have a few Canadian friends who claim that canada has more violence then the USA. You don't need guns to be violent, if someone wants to try to hurt someone they will find a way, weather it be guns.. or a more creative method.

Anyone who claims that Canada has more violence than America is out to lunch, the murder rate is almost three times higher per capita in America. Considering we have a similar foundings, ethnic makeup, media, etc, there has to be something that drives the American love of violence

HulkSmash

Anyone who claims that Canada has more violence than America is out to lunch, the murder rate is almost three times higher per capita in America. Considering we have a similar foundings, ethnic makeup, media, etc, there has to be something that drives the American love of violence

congrats?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
...Love all people regardless...

"...I'm sure we all agree that we ought to love one another and I know there are people in the world that do not love their fellow human beings and I hate people like that..." Tom Lehrer

"A gun is like a tennis racquet, when you need one nothing else will do." Anonymous

g&eprinting

Protect yourself and your family. (edit) and your fellow human being, your neighbors dog, everything.

One police man alone is trained to wait for the shooting to stop and backup to arrive before jumpin in head first.

Pointless shooting. Coward! No self worth = no value to other human beings. A mental issue for sure. We all go through hard times and suffering, to force that onto others is wrong.

rjssigns

Sad and tragic. Too bad there isn't a test to predict if someone will snap.

And to take debase this thread with talk of gun control or not is crass and childish.

Pray for living, mourn the dead.

bwalk02

+1

g&eprinting

Sorry but that is crazy.

A responsible trained gun owner could have stopped him before he shot anyone.

I did say could have ,,, shoot him in the leg when he threw the first smoke bomb and shot in the air to scare everyone.

Education and values.

A responsible gun owner would have done just that disable him not kill him.

Also if it is known to everyone that a dozen people in the theatre have guns how many idiots are going to try this when we are all on the same playing field.

He did not go in a police station and try this.

g&eprinting

I believe most of us would try to disable him gun or no gun if he is shooting into a crowd and you could get behind him and throw him in a headlock.

Would you?

What if he just shot your daughter.

Sorry it's very personal to me I was in a similar situation twice and had to do something about it TWICE.
With NO gun.

Actually more than twice thinking about it. Comes with being a man and doing whats right.

threeputt

Feel horribly bad for the relatives and loved ones of the victims.

But gun control is no answer. Just look at DC which has one of, if not the highest, levels of gun control in the US. And the murder rate is higher there than anywhere.

Don't disarm good, law abiding people. I do say, however, that with every gun sold or permit issued, there should be mandatory training on the weapon. Safety, marksmanship, certain levels of responsibility taught, etc.

I don't think you can say that if a dozen theater goers were armed that night that the body count would have been higher. I know that my own daughter (step) has a concealed carry permit and packs a 9mm semi-auto.

And she can shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.