• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Denver Area Shooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

g&eprinting

I actually wish there was the most ghetto-ist crack dealer wanna be gangster there with a pistol who will never use it and carries it for higher self value, all the wrong reasons.. I wish he was there and became a hero that day with the most illegal pistol ever.

Is gun control going to stop him from getting another gun? Doubt it.
Is it going to stop you from protecting yourself ? Maybe.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I did say could have ,,, shoot him in the leg when he threw the first smoke bomb and shot in the air to scare everyone...

...A responsible gun owner would have done just that disable him not kill him...

You ever had anyone take a shot at you? You ever take a shot at anyone? It doesn't sound like it.

Someone carrying a gun could/would/should have blown this fellow into the next time zone. Disabling and/or shooting the guns out of the hands of bad guys is the stuff of the the Lone Ranger and, curiously, the very movie they paid to see, not real life.

If you take a shot at someone, kill them. Or leave your gun in your pocket.

threeputt

That's about the size of it. If you deem the situation dire enough to pull that pistol, then by all means use it.

Do you know how hard it is to shoot to wound? Duh!!!!

Center of mass.

CentralSigns

a by product of a poorly parented kid, a growing problem in this country.

I'm all for gun rights, but situations like this are going to make it harder and harder.

Colorado has virtually no laws restricting hand gun or rifle purchases.

You have to pass a test to be able to drive in every state in the Union, you should have to pass some sort of test to buy a weapon of mass destruction.....

Ya know ban the guns and the same freaks will use machettes. Ban them and its knives then its forks then screwdrivers. We should all have guns, sooner the better. That way someone close will have a gun to wack the idiot. Enough idiots getting wacked and soon society is back to normal.

OldPaint

my opinion?
1. psychological testing when applying for gun ownership.
2. ALL CLIPS FOR GUNS WITH OVER 10-15 ROUND BE BANNED for anyone except law enforcement or military WHO NEED THEM.
3. people need to understand your 2nd amendment rights have been eliminated long time ago. so having an ASSAULT RIFLE is not gona save you from having "the govt" take your guns. when they come to take your guns they will have an ARMY, AIR FORCE, NAVY that YOU PAID FOR AND WAS SUPPORTIVE to the advancement in weapons...THAT YOU CANT OWN)))))) example: i AR-15 against an APACHE ATTACK HELICOPTER. GUESSWHO WILL WIN???? so you argument about protecting yourself from the govt is a total LIE.
ALSO...when the 2nd amendment was penned, all the pistols and rifles WERE SINGLE SHOT)))) and the govt dint have much more then the people did.
i said this after travon martin and still stand by it.
IDIOTS AND GUNS.............................ONLY 1 OUTCOME!!!

g&eprinting

We'll just leave it at protect yourself.

and yes i've been to the emergency room for saving someone elses arse.

and yes I've been to the gun range and no never shot anyone. Been shot at yes. Been in the mall when someone started shooting yes. Had first gun pulled on me and friend at 8 years old he froze and i grabbed him and pulled him to safety. Yes Boston Mass...

Knocked a gun out of a guys hand before he shot my friend . Yes

Caught a bat in full swing at my face and bent my finger back when a guy tried to rob me and my mother on the street. Yes

Punched a drunk guy in the face that tried to stab me in the stomach for no reason and knocked a knife out of his hands . Yes

Got stabbed in the head and leg in my own house before breakfast from home intruder. Yes. Pulled that guy out of my house before he killed me and two roomates that were girls at the time. Lucky it got stuck in my leg so he could stop stabbing me while I had him in a headlock.
Thats after he thought he killed me and went to chase the girls and I grabbed his leg from my blood pool and climbed up him and put him in a headlock because I didn't want him to get the girls and dragged him out of the house while ripping the bottom of my feet off with all the glass he broke getting in.

These are situations that I am not even starting but I am there so I have to do something right.??

WHAT DO YOU DO? I feeled forced to do something in these situations.
Or go home and live with the guilt that you could have done something.

How many people wish they were really there to do something to stop that guy. A lot maybe not you but believe me a lot.

How many people are feeling guilty today after seeing that wimpy geek on the news and saying damn I could've taking him out with one punch.

Don't compare real life situations to your exacto blade cuts.
Stop watching so many movies .

And i don't even like guns at all. it's like walking with a crutch when your legs are fine.
I'd rather choke you out!

If me and you were getting robbed and you ran on me and left me behind I'd know you were a puss for life.

And if you saw an old lady getting robbed for her purse and didn't do anything I'd probably beat your ***.

g&eprinting

If my kids were in that theatre and you brought them to the show and they got shot and you ran out the back..
Imight be happy you made it out alive but still hate you for life.

SAS

Desert_Signs

my opinion?
1. psychological testing when applying for gun ownership.
2. ALL CLIPS FOR GUNS WITH OVER 10-15 ROUND BE BANNED for anyone except law enforcement or military WHO NEED THEM.
3. people need to understand your 2nd amendment rights have been eliminated long time ago. so having an ASSAULT RIFLE is not gona save you from having "the govt" take your guns. when they come to take your guns they will have an ARMY, AIR FORCE, NAVY that YOU PAID FOR AND WAS SUPPORTIVE to the advancement in weapons...THAT YOU CANT OWN)))))) example: i AR-15 against an APACHE ATTACK HELICOPTER. GUESSWHO WILL WIN???? so you argument about protecting yourself from the govt is a total LIE.
ALSO...when the 2nd amendment was penned, all the pistols and rifles WERE SINGLE SHOT)))) and the govt dint have much more then the people did.
i said this after travon martin and still stand by it.
IDIOTS AND GUNS.............................ONLY 1 OUTCOME!!!

There's so much foolishness in this post it's hard to know where to start, so I won't.

If only there was a law that said you can't kick down the doors in a movie theater, this never would have happened. If only there was a law that said you can't throw tear gas in a movie theater, this never would have happened. If only there was a law that said you can't shoot people, this never would have happened. If only there was a law that said you can't murder people, this never would have happened.

Oh, snap. All those things are already against the law. Fat bunch of good that did. I guess I'll continue to carry a gun every day, everywhere I go. The law only applies to the law-abiding. Criminals don't give two *&^S about it.

Joe Diaz

From my understanding the shooter was wearing head to toe ballistics armor, if there were someone in that theater carrying, he may have been a bit harder to take down. But really people, the could-of-would-of-should-of offers little comfort to those who have lost loved ones in this. I think the best thing we can do is help them morn, then let the real experts figure out what makes this animal tick before putting him down. Let's not use this as an opportunity to push our political agendas. IMHO, out of respect, now doesn't seems like the appropriate time.

Techman

A responsible gun owner would have done just that disable him not kill him.

A responsible and properly trained gun owner never shoots to wound. They are trained to fire at the center of mass. Firing at a moving leg or arm is a sure ticket for a miss. It is easier to hit the head than the leg. They are never encouraged to fire for a wounding shot. They are trained to fire to stop the threat. A wounded deranged shooter will not be stopped by a leg graze. He would only be stopped by good old high velocity lead poisoning. preferably to the head

By the way,, this loon was on antidepressants as were the columbine shooters and a few other mass shooters. It is well known that antidepressants are inducers of violence in some people.

Desert_Signs

From my understanding the shooter was wearing head to toe ballistics armor, if there were someone in that theater carrying, he may have been a bit harder to take down. But really people, the could-of-would-of-should-of offers little comfort to those who have lost loved ones in this. I think the best thing we can do is help them morn, then let the real experts figure out what makes this animal tick before putting him down. Let's not use this as an opportunity to push our political agendas. IMHO, out of respect, now doesn't seems like the appropriate time.

That's the truth. It was over so quickly, there's likely not much anyone could have done.

+1 on the political agenda. This guy was a nutcase. It isn't about guns. He could have used a vodka bottle and gasoline and probably killed more. This is a mental health problem. Something tells me that someone knew he was having problems and nothing was done about it. Until we fix that, this kind of thing will continue to happen, no matter the laws.

SignosaurusRex

That's the truth. It was over so quickly, there's likely not much anyone could have done.

+1 on the political agenda. This guy was a nutcase. It isn't about guns. He could have used a vodka bottle and gasoline and probably killed more. This is a mental health problem. Something tells me that someone knew he was having problems and nothing was done about it. Until we fix that, this kind of thing will continue to happen, no matter the laws.

His mother told the police they had the right man when they called her.

signage

We don't need gun control we need the laws we have had since 1965 enforced as they were intended for! Also we need to take the rights away from convicted persons, that way they wouldn't want to be in prison!

And God bless the families of the murdered and injured!

slipperyfrog

Considering we have a similar foundings, ethnic makeup, media, etc, there has to be something that drives the American love of violence

Yes it is snot nosed Canadians that think they are on some God placed pedestal above others. Or it could just be that you spend 1/2 the year indoors away from society because you would freeze your balls off otherwise.

From one Canadian to another. Regards.

Techman

Considering we have a similar foundings, ethnic makeup, media, etc, there has to be something that drives the American love of violence

They forgot to mention that in Toronto just a day or two ago they just had their own mass shootings. Two of them in fact..

SignosaurusRex

Anyone who claims that Canada has more violence than America is out to lunch, the murder rate is almost three times higher per capita in America. Considering we have a similar foundings, ethnic makeup, media, etc, there has to be something that drives the American love of violence

Similar foundings? Really? If that were so, you would have a right to bear arms (as well as others) and not still be under the British Empire.

No, Americans alone don't love violence...the mentally warped do. There are just as many mentally warped per capita in Canada as there is in the U.S., more in other parts of the world.

The argument that the 2nd Amendment was written during a time when arms were single shot means nothing. The 2nd Amendment was written as a tool for the citizenry to protect themselves against a tyrannical government from abroad or at home on American soil. Unless you are an American, you cannot be expected to understand that notion nor should you comment on that which you know nothing about nor affects you not living in this country.

CentralSigns

The argument that the 2nd Amendment was written during a time when arms were single shot means nothing. The 2nd Amendment was written as a tool for the citizenry to protect themselves against a tyrannical government from abroad or at home on American soil. Unless you are an American, you cannot be expected to understand that notion nor should you comment on that which you know nothing about nor affects you not living in this country.

How do we know for certain we don't have a tyrannical gov in power today. Legal small arms protect our country and way of life. If you look back at the past historically you will see that removal of civilian arms has always been prior to the genocide of that population who had them.

I know I'm kind of Alex Jones ing it but, a countries strength is in its civilian gun ownership, especially when a tyrannical gov takes over. Look at all the constitutional rights you Americans have lost in the last 5 yrs and all the and all the executive orders Obama has signed. your constitution has been gutted and your one step away from life in a fema camp near you. Individually they they all mean nothing but put them all together and I would be moving to Canada if I was you.

Status
Not open for further replies.