• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dibond to Stucco with liquid nails?

SignManiac

Everyone is making this far too complicated. The only thing you need is some duct tape across the corners and a dab of anal secretion from a snail.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Everyone is making this far too complicated. The only thing you need is some duct tape across the corners and a dab of anal secretion from a snail.

I heard of a guy that used belly button lint mixed in with assorted mouse droppings and he concocted quite the paste. Had a slight odor, but it sure went well on pastrami and rye............. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

skyhigh

If you like a proper solution for gluing Dibond to Stucco mail me, i just spoke to our supplier for adhesives and guess what YES WE CAN!.

So screwing is not the only safe solution anymore.

Greetings

Frank

Frank, you need to get a grip buddy. Is there ADHESIVES that will work? Yes!!!!! The question, is LN209 that product? NO!!!

Do you think you know more than the rest of us about adhesives? You want us to email you, so that you can share this new found secret (probably something the rest of us allready know)? Thats where my "get a grip" comments comes into play. I bet your supplier told you about "L" adhesive?

The moral of this story is.....you can get great advice here, just don't be a doink, and someone will share their wealth of knowledge with you.

Techman

Originally Posted by I-Style View Post
If you like a proper solution for gluing Dibond to Stucco mail me, i just spoke to our supplier for adhesives and guess what YES WE CAN!.

So screwing is not the only safe solution anymore.

Greetings

Frank

I would not give the skin of a gnats butt for this information.
We all know stucco is a particulate product. Just like sheet rock concrete etc.

These particles are bonded to each other via some chemical reaction along with some kind fo bonding agent. All of us also know that divots of this stucco will come off along with the adhesive allowing whatever it is stuck to it to fall off.. That is why most of us are looking at this installation as if it were moose dung.

d fleming

I would not give the skin of a gnats butt for this information.
We all know stucco is a particulate product. Just like sheet rock concrete etc.

These particles are bonded to each other via some chemical reaction along with some kind fo bonding agent. All of us also know that divots of this stucco will come off along with the adhesive allowing whatever it is stuck to it to fall off.. That is why most of us are looking at this installation as if it were moose dung.

Bingo, even if the glue holds what's to stop the stucco from breaking under weight it is not designed or intended to support?

skyhigh

Uggg, signs weren't install with the adhesive on stucco. The stucco area had a base installed then signs were adhered using adhesive and double stick tape. The double stick tape was there to hold signs while adhesive dried. There 11x17 signs installed direct to precast area that was preped first.

Cammon fellas......read the thread. Quit beating the guy on a technique he DID NOT DO. He SCREWED a backer board of some sorts, then glued his sign to that.

The guy may, or may not deserve a little bit of chit, but my gawd, learn to read.

I-Style

Got your point guys,
As grandpa says in the good old times, don't be open to new things if yours have worked for the last 1000 years, yes criticism my ideas to think outside the box, no i don't think i know more than you but i believe that the people who invent glues might know more about their products than you do!

You see i never said that the product LN209 works i said that there are products that would work, i was not the person who asked the question i just gave an answer to the question.

Because i'm not a merchant member i will not actively promote any product you can't buy in the USA yet.

I'm sorry if i offended someone's ego for suggesting different ways to do things but it's my personal opinion so life with it or not.

And always remember the earth is a disc and you might fall of the edge...

I-Style

Short reminder

Advertising Posts at Signs 101 - Classified Section ONLY
Threads and posts advertising goods, services, employment or upcoming events will no longer be permitted in any forum. They are to be posted on in an appropriate category the Signs 101 Classified Advertisement section.

Any such threads or posts created in a forum will be deleted.

Merchant subscribers are still permitted to make self-promoting replies to posts made in non-classified forums when their product or service might be an appropriate solution.

JR's

thats what I use.(duct tape) walmart sells it in diferent colors so it will blend in. he he he ;-}

JR

skyhigh

Short reminder

Advertising Posts at Signs 101 - Classified Section ONLY
Threads and posts advertising goods, services, employment or upcoming events will no longer be permitted in any forum.

does not apply here.....unless of course, you're a distributor for Liquid Nails (or your new found supersecretheavydutywillsticktoanything adhesive) , attempting to sell your wares.

So, "get a grip".....grip....glue.....:ROFLMAO:

I kill me.