• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dislike Flexi

mtmdesigns

don't you have some flames to put on a model gas tank or something..
your absolutely right flexi can't produce such a quality image such as yours.

Flame

Rick said:
No keep going, I'm having fun watching designsbymtm get your goat...genius, pure genius......

He better be joking about everything he's stating:Big Laugh . I am seriously having a hard time believing he's in the sign business.:Oops:

And just out of curiousity MTM, if you do work for a sign company like you posted, how do you post so much everyday? Do they give you THAT much free time? I post all I want as I OWN my business, and I took this week off. Do you really work for a sign company or... like I mentioned before... are you just some random high school kid playing around on forums?

Like I said... still waiting to see an image. And BTW, never said my design was quality, actually it was a super simple design with minimal artwork at all. That's why it should be easy for a pro like you.:Big Laugh

mtmdesigns

see it's like this flame you start with a 3 man shop 9 years later your the boss and there's 30 employees it's called being smart and moving up. what i'm doing now is trying to gain as much info as i can before i start my own biz, although i probably have more accounts then you pulling up in my driveway each weak. Then again i still work my ass of i can just multitask.
or maybe one day i can finally make it and put decals on gas tanks.....
keep in touch:Coffee:

Flame

You sure like saying I put decals on gas tanks huh? What if I told you I make $100 making those decals for the gas tanks, and I don't even install them? You continually stating that makes absolutely no sense.

BTW, you never really answered my question about having so much free time.

Actually, you rarely answer my questions. It's not like I'm drilling you or anything.

Also, BTW, still waiting to see an image...........

Man, I wish punk high school kids would stay off of forums that they don't know anything about.

:wink:

Pro Image

Rick said:
No keep going, I'm having fun watching designsbymtm get your goat...genius, pure genius......

This song comes to mind..........

ANY THING YOU CAN DO.....I CAN DO BETTER! ANY THING I CAN DO BETTER THAN YOU......................NO YOU CAN'T.....YES I CAN.

:Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
dustin1324 said:
This song comes to mind..........

ANY THING YOU CAN DO.....I CAN DO BETTER! ANY THING I CAN DO BETTER THAN YOU......................NO YOU CAN'T.....YES I CAN.

:Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh

Great, now I have that song stuck in my head.....

Flame

Oh come on Rick and Dustin, don't just stand on the sidelines! Join in! It's been pretty fun today.:Big Laugh

Get's it outa your system... you know?

How much you want to bet I'll EVER get to see an image besides mine, and then we can start betting on whether or not it was done in Flexi or not.

In other news... I dropped my 48" printer today.:rolleyes: Had to scramble to catch it while it was falling off of the stand. Pretty funny.

Pro Image

Rick said:
Great, now I have that song stuck in my head.....

I'll say this loud so you can hear it over the sound of the song in your head

YOUR WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Big Laugh :Big Laugh

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I'm rootin for designsbymtm, all he said was Flexi does a good job for what he needs it to do and all vector sofware is the same and you challenge him to a bad logo contest......

I think when he needs Corel or Illustrator he will buy it....so what, one of my favorite graphic designer never uses a computer (Art Chantry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHrMkiHlvj4&search=ART CHANTRY ) so this is fun to watch.....

mtmdesigns

see post 48 49

Flame Master said:
Anyways. Anyone is free to try to create what I said in Flexi, just thought I would post the challenge for fun. lol

I would also like to say that Flexi is growing on me a little more. Still prefer CorelDraw for core designing, but there are a lot of things it does do well at, and I'll probably keep it just for those few options. I was a little harsh on them at first, and while I still think it's highly over priced, it's okay for at what it does.

please refer back to post 48 and 49... I have free time because i worked my ass off for the past 5 years with no vacations now i'm the big daddy of the company, and u see my projects go smooth so i have my guys do them. Now i'm sitting down the street in my hot wherehouse getting ready to do an install on the side.

also i really don't care if u think i can't distort some lame ass checkers and then use some plain font and outline it 20 times with colors... high school was fun though i must admit i bet you had it easy with your fine displays of art... Ya know i wish i still was in high school..

keep workin on getting those flames to stick to that ball you were talkin about..

Flame

Rick said:
I'm rootin for designsbymtm, all he said was Flexi does a good job for what he needs it to do and all vector sofware is the same and you challenge him to a bad logo contest......

I think when he needs Corel or Illustrator he will buy it....so what, one of my favorite graphic designer never uses a computer (Art Chantry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHrMkiHlvj4&search=ART%20CHANTRY ) so this is fun to watch.....

Nope. That's where you're wrong. If he would have said that, I wouldn't be posting on here. He said "I can do anything in Flexi that you can do in Corel". That's where HE is wrong. I use Flexi myself and know it's limits. If he would have said he has Flexi and works great for, more power to him! That's awesome if it's working for him. But instead he made a ridiculous statement.

gerald

In a high volume shop Flexi is the ONLY way to go. If you have time to sit and do things the long way around then you are right, you probably don't need Flexi-Sign. But if you design everything from banners to channel letters to 100ft high rises you need Flexi. Flexi is a very inportant tool for me and I wouldn't do without it. Take 2 people with the same skill set and give one Flexi-Sign and he will complete more work day in - day out.

mtmdesigns

:wink: :thankyou:

Attachments

• flamer.jpg
    flamer.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 134

Flame

Yay.... he finally posted something.

Gold star Dude, you finally figured out how to do it on this forum!:thumb:

Next we need to work on what this forum is named after, signs101. Oh yeah, and following instructions. Cuz you don't seem to be be good at that.

And seriously Gerald... you think a high volume shop that creates artwork REALLY only used Flexi? I'm not saying that Flexi isn't useful, it is, I just won't use it as my only program.

All the high volume shops around here have updated versions of 4-6 graphic design programs. That way they are ALWAYS covered. I try to do the same.

mtmdesigns

we use them all...........
flexi
enroute
photoshop
illustrator
indesign
autocadd
etc.... we have them all i just stated i thought flexi was the best MY OPINION

Techman

I wanna see a real drop shadow in flexi.. not a block drop but a real faded shadow. when that happens then ill know flexi has finally equaled corel.

Pro Image

Flame Master said:
Oh come on Rick and Dustin, don't just stand on the sidelines! Join in! .

I don't use Flexi I have INSPIRE XP PRO and INSPIRE PRO and CASMATE

I can do it in Inpire no problem...............just don't have the time now....going to get some Chinesse Chicken:thumb:

Flame

designsbymtm said:
post umm i believe 49 has a attachment as well. but
good lookin out..

Yup. A post of my artwork. Yay. Still not what I'm looking for.

Funny how when I ask you to produce a quick and simple piece of artwork, you copy and paste my own. That's supposed to prove... what?

You sure do forget the subject quickly.

And you kinda like being repetitious. Like always mentioning your piece of artwork. Which, in fact, was mine. Meaning (in my book) you couldn't create it yourself. Just accept it. Flexi isn't the all in one program. If it was, then no one would be buying all the others.

You say you like Flexi the best. I say I like CorelDraw the best. Can we not just accept that? No.... cuz you had to go off and say that Flexi is the best and you can do anything in Flexi that I can do in CorelDraw. Well, that's a false statement and today you just proved it. I CAN NOT produce certain things in Flexi that I can produce in CorelDraw, and I CAN NOT produce certain things in CorelDraw that I can produce in Flexi. Each has their own attributes. That should be end of story.

Why I originated this thread was because I had been given a song and a dance by a few people that Flexi would solve all my problems and it was the best you could buy. They were wrong. I didn't buy the greatest program of all time, I simply bought another vector based graphic design program. Plain and simple. Works good for some stuff, not so good for other stuff. At the time I was just hacked off because I had spent over $3000 on a program that IMHO didn't live up to half of the hype.

I really don't care how many of you come on here and tell me Flexi is a do it all program. I have it and I use it everyday, so you aren't convincing me.:thumb: