• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you add your Logo...

When doing a project do you often add your info somewhere for self advertising?

• Total voters

Flame

Never. It's their space, not mine.

I feel the same way about auto dealers that slap their names on vehicles they sell. If they want me to buy the thing and they've had the temerity to stick their name on it, they get to scrape off. Period. Not arguments, no concessions. Off it comes. It's my vehicle, not theirs.

so....... you buy a Ford, then you take off their emblem?

You get a Maytag dishwasher, and rip off their emblem?

You get a Harley Davidson cruiser and paint over their logo?

You buy a pair of Dickies pants and rip off the tag?

I actually SELL my logo to people. People pay money, for a sticker of my logo. That's... advertising.

I try to stick it small on the back of things, or like on trailers, just a small one in the corner. I always ask first though. Rarely do they say no. But I also don't put it anywhere it could be considered a "eyesore", for example... on the front of a sign.

It takes a balance...

Marlene

company name, real small. for electrical signs, we put a "for service call:" tag as it's helpful to the customer when they need work done. on sandblasted or carved we have small brass plates. for other types of signs we have a little tag. the reason is people will get out of their cars when they see a sign that they like to check on who made it so they can give the company a call. they won't ask the person who owns the sign but will call if there's a tag. I know because I get a lot of calls. We don't put those hugs big tags that some people use as we didn't pay to advertise, we are only putting a label on a finished product. all our tags are removable if the customer wants to take them off.

Doyle

I stay pretty busy without doing this, and feel that it is the customer's property, not my place to advertise. Besides, customers usually try to use this as a bargaining tactic later "Remember, I let you advertise on my sign" or "I'll let you put your logo on it....." then they expect a discount.

rdm01

I stay pretty busy without doing this, and feel that it is the customer's property, not my place to advertise. Besides, customers usually try to use this as a bargaining tactic later "Remember, I let you advertise on my sign" or "I'll let you put your logo on it....." then they expect a discount.

This is exactly why I don't like to do it, I think that you just explained it a little
better than I!

trakers

Outside of donated items, absolutely not.

I view it as tacky and unprofessional.

Each business must do what they feel is right and we chose not to.

WILLIAMS

We discreetly add our very small bug (logo/phone/web) to the back of single-sided signs/banners. Also to the bottom of frames. Never to vehicles or coro signs.

I recently saw screen printed 18x24 coros with the sign shop's logo/phone also screen printed on the bottom right hand side. It was sized approx 2"x3"! Now that's low rent.

BRUSHMARKS

yes we often do not all the time though. our bigger jobs that are more custom and really stand out we try to get our logo in a lower corner and contact info on back when possible

Signsforwhile

Voted yes. I have hunders of phone number bugs printed up in two sizes. Usually it goes on everything that walks or drives out of this shop. If my customer asks about it I always say "We only put it on work we're proud of" :)

Also, theyre printed on 180c, so it's easily removable!

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Hello,

ALL vehicles get a dated "warranty" decal in an inconspicuous location.
Banners and commercial work get a "for reorder" label on the back.
All of it yields a worth while return.

anotherdog

small label on the back, if its something good in adhesive I'll drop 8 point company name and number somewhere in the design. I add the job designation number too to make it look lik is should be there.

sarge

I voted no, having said that, i want to .. just never remember or scratch my head thinking it would infringe on my rights to market .. kinda like what others have said here about auto dealers .. makes me feeling like a trader somewhat .. i make a butt load of stickers for car dealers

TorturdChaos

We don't, except for a few times when doing graphics for race cars we lower the price a bit and they let us put our logo on the car. But that has only happened twice in the 1 1/2 years I have been here.

cOrKinSA

It amazes me how 360 Wraps makes their logos HUGE on all their designs! I guess when you do something that your proud of it then becomes a name brand like Guess, Nike, Polo, Nautica, etc...

wrapman jamz

Why not sign your work? That's what made all the famous artists famous. Just amagine, back then, that was their way to validate and market their business. So I think it's the same for us. Customers should be proud to display our work!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Why not sign your work? That's what made all the famous artists famous. Just amagine, back then, that was their way to validate and market their business. So I think it's the same for us. Customers should be proud to display our work!

In the first place, it's not your work, it belongs to the client that paid for it. Secondly, making signs has nothing whatsoever to do with art or ancient systems of patronage. Patronage being the only way art survived 'back then'.

Signs are a commodity, not art. Making signs requires mere skill not any sort of innate talent. While few might ever be able to paint a decent portrait or landscape or whatever, most anyone can learn the skills necessary do do journeyman sign writing. That it takes a long time and most don't bother to become even passable at making signs doesn't mean that this is not the case. Moreover, someone displaying a sign doesn't give an ounce of clotted wombat snot who made it.

The people I see that brand their stuff are usually the very ones that should give serious consideration to taking up some other line of work. They don't seen to be very good at doing signs.

wrapman jamz

Thanks bob, I guess that kills the "signature series wrap" idea I had.... Funny, I started in art and ended up in signs!