• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you people actually like Corel?

artbot

strangely i've got a wall of bibles behind me in my office. haven't read the bible in years. strange what 14 years in the lay ministry will do to a guy. i won't go into it though. that would kill this thread.

signage

strangely i've got a wall of bibles behind me in my office. haven't read the bible in years. strange what 14 years in the lay ministry will do to a guy. i won't go into it though. that would kill this thread.

Or might get you banned:omg:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me

So what you are really trying to say is that Jesus would use CorelDraw over Illustrator?

wayne k
guam usa

Replicator

As it happens I saw Jesus down on the beach in Santa Barbara a couple of months ago.

He told me SPECIFICALLY that he uses CorelDRAW . . . he said he hates Illustrator :notworthy:

artbot

i hear jesus uses xkrovxon v18003. it's the most streamlined 4D vector software.

...can't get it on this side of the universe.

TwoNine

Finally. Something Google didn't have some smart AZ response to...

Did you mean: F it. I have no idea....

2B

Our lead designer has both Adobe master suite and Corel 90% time the work is done on Corel and Adobe is used for the fine tuned aspects, chrome/mirror finishes, texturing etc...

Wiggum PI

As someone who came into the industry having to learn basic layouts and "design"(I still haven't mastered that FOR SALE sign..), I would've struggled(or quit) if I had to use illy and ps. We had a designer that used them well, but corel(12) was easier to get my head around basic functions at the time.

phototec

like sitting in a 747 cockpit and all you want to do is go get milk at the corner store.

Adobe Illustrator is like sitting in the Space Shuttle Cockpit and all you want to do is go to the International Space station and make it back to earth safely, you need all those bells and whistles (if you know how to use them).

:rock-n-roll:

Attachments

• Space Shuttle Cockpit ( Adode Illustrator).jpg
    Space Shuttle Cockpit ( Adode Illustrator).jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Pipper Cub (Corel draw).jpg
    Pipper Cub (Corel draw).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 96

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Some people like CorelDraw.
Other people like Illustrator, bells, whistles & princesses....

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• everybody_needs_a_hobby.jpg
    everybody_needs_a_hobby.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 80

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
There is a jesus who talks into a piece of concrete garden edging like it's a phone holding a bible that pan handles by my shop every once in a while. last time he was ranting about how womens menstral cycles are a sin. hilarious stuff.

I think he would use corel.

TwoNine

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::clapping:

There is a jesus who talks into a piece of concrete garden edging like it's a phone holding a bible that pan handles by my shop every once in a while. last time he was ranting about how womens menstral cycles are a sin. hilarious stuff.

I think he would use corel.

TwoNine

Hmm. Learn something new everyday. I didn't take you for the kind that frequents the "how To Grow Bud" pages....But! =) Right on.... LoL!

royster13

Hmm. Learn something new everyday. I didn't take you for the kind that frequents the "how To Grow Bud" pages....But! =) Right on.... LoL!

I found the image via Google image search.......Did not really pay much attention to the site it was on......lol...

binki

We started with a trial of Corel and AI and selected Corel because it was a little easier for us to use. It does a pretty good job for us and the only downside is AI is pretty much the standard so we are always fighting with getting AI/pdf files that have elements in them that we have trouble with conversion. Otherwise we are pretty happy with it.

Bill43mx

We've been using Corel since 2004. My son is in the final year of college majoring in graphic design and is required to do all of his projects in Illustrator because "that's what you are supposed to use if you are a graphic designer". Well he does them in Corel, exports them as eps files, imports them to Illustrator, cleans up any issues cause by Corel & Illy not playing nice, and turns them in. He consistently gets A's on his projects. "Designers" use illustrator because that's what the schools teach. As far as I can tell that's about the only reason.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Ugh. Another CorelDRAW vs. Adobe Illustrator thread -with many of the same very generalized statements. I see so many of the "there's not a thing program X can do that program Y cannot" claims. And that's pure baloney when one bothers to get down to specific differences between each app.

There's lots of specific, unique features exclusive to CorelDRAW or Adobe Illustrator that make it necessary for me to use BOTH on a frequent basis. At times I really wish I could just use only one or the other 100% of the time. Unfortunately neither is good enough or overlaps the rival enough to make this fully possible.

CorelDRAW is great for allowing full sized designs. I can edit objects faster and more efficiently in CorelDRAW thanks to its tool editing set. It's a breeze to do things like align anchor points in CorelDRAW while it's more of a pain to do the same in Illustrator. You have to do extra clicking and do so carefully to avoid winding up in Flash symbol editing mode (grrr!). Illustrator has added more anchor point editing tools in recent years, but it still doesn't quite compare to the stock tool set in CorelDRAW. You end up having to spend extra for plug-ins like CAD Tools to gain much of the same object editing flexibility.

Illustrator is better at handling type & color, although Corel has made strides in recent years. Illustrator has fully supported OpenType for a decade while Corel is just now adding full OTF support at version X6 to finally take advantage of things like ligatures, alternate characters, full fraction sets, etc. Illustrator handles a number of effects more cleanly than CorelDRAW. I can paste paths from Illustrator into Photoshop layouts (CorelDRAW cannot do this since it has never supported placing AICB paths onto the clipboard). There's a number of handy, free plug-ins for Illustrator that I can't use in CorelDRAW -like the path area plug in from Telegraphics.

Both CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator are very good programs to use for creating vector-based graphics. Both are "professional" level applications. However, both have their own specific strengths and weaknesses.

One thing is for certain: MS Publisher isn't remotely as good as either CorelDRAW or Illustrator. It's not even as good as Inkscape -and that's an Open Source vector drawing app.