• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you 'tag' your signs?

Do you tag your signs?

• Yes

Votes: 73 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 40 33.6%
  • Wait you can do that?!

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
Do you slap a decal or god forbid cut vinyl tags on the backs or even fronts of your signs and banners?

Why or why not? Or "oh my God we should be doing that!"

To answer the obvious question, we do in the back corner...using scrap.

HulkSmash

Do you slap a decal or god forbid cut vinyl tags on the backs or even fronts of your signs and banners?

Why or why not? Or "oh my God we should be doing that!"

To answer the obvious question, we do...using scrap.

no, the product belongs to the customer. If they ask us to put a small wrapped by on their vehicle, no problem. other than that.. no thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
On electric signs, yes..... on the side facing the street.

Most other signs, no. Like mentioned, it's not our sign and it wasn't contracted for that reason.

no, the product belongs to the customer. If they ask us to put a small wrapped by on their vehicle, no problem. other than that.. no thanks

Well you guys probably don't 'need' any extra advertising...a 2 inch sticker on the back of an 8 foot banner isn't exactly defacing someone's property...besides many people come back for new stuff using that sticker. never had a complaint.

its removable anyway...

Marlene

On electric signs, yes..... on the side facing the street.

Most other signs, no. Like mentioned, it's not our sign and it wasn't contracted for that reason.

same here except no so much street side but just visable as it is more a "for service" type decal.

I have put engraved gold metal type plates on some of our really high end sandblasted type signs as it is pretty common around here to do that.

cgsigns_jamie

I add small labels to the backs of our banners. Never put anything on the face side of our signs. If it's double sided then it doesn't get anything.

All the labels are printed on removable adhesive vinyl so the customer can take it off if they choose.

I also add a label to the door jamb of all the vehicles we do. Get a lot of calls from body shops if the vehicle has been damaged and they need something replaced.

All the electric stuff gets a sticker. Some of the wall signs have to have a permit sticker in the window with our info on it, by code, that's a little added advertisement.

klemgraphics

Not usually, unless someone specifically asks me to. I know I hate to see car dealership decals on new cars and take off as many as I can. It's sometimes better for someone to ask a business who does their signs and get a good referral vs. getting a call from a number on a decal.

J

john1

Just a small 1" square decal on the backs of banners and single sided signs saying "sign produced by" then with my logo and information. Nothing too crazy, I always thought it was good because you never know who may be handling the sign in the future if the business closes down and they might use you for a replacement sign.

Such noble creatures...in a business that is all about brand penetration there is no thought of advancing one's own brand. Argument being that people will talk you up about how great the banner they purchased from you is, as well as thumbing through their Iphone to give someone your number

genericname

We print a tag with our log and contact info right into the gutter of all of our displays and banners. That way it's on the reverse side of the print, past the hem. Out of sight, but still easily identifiable. This is either modified or removed entirely when doing wholesale, of course.

CanuckSigns

We put a small decal with our contact information on most of the higher end business signs we make, it's pretty common around here, they are removable if the customer doesn't like it. never had a complaint.

qmr55

Such noble creatures...in a business that is all about brand penetration there is no thought of advancing one's own brand.

So you're saying just because we don't mark up a customers product that THEY paid for, we are not advancing our own brand? If you took your car to Maaco and got it painted, would you want a "Painted By: Maaco" sticker on the bumper? Find other ways to advance your brand.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
As previously noted, it's the clients sign, not mine.

Every banner that leaves this shop is rolled and put into a brand-new tube with end caps. I always put a decal with my logo and information as well as a 6" by whatever miniature print of the banner that's inside on the tube.

WildWestDesigns

If you took your car to Maaco and got it painted, would you want a "Painted By: Maaco" sticker on the bumper?

They actually do that when you get a Linex bed cover put in the bed of the truck. They'll put stickers on the back glass. I always remove them as I don't like stickers on any of my vehicles. I may buy bumper stickers, but I don't put them on the vehicle.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
  • How many people do you see at trade shows looking behind everyone's banners to see who made them ??
  • How many people are going to take a pair of binoculars to see who made the banner 15' in the air ??
  • Who gets out of their car to look around on a 4' x 8' along the side of the road to see who made it ??
I'd sooner think if the people really want to know, they'll call your customer proudly displaying their/your sign and simply ask them.

It's called word of mouth and it works quite well. Can't say, I've never put a signature plate on, but to me, it still kinda looks hoakie. :corndog: