• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you 'tag' your signs?

Do you tag your signs?

• Yes

Votes: 73 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 40 33.6%
  • Wait you can do that?!

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters

Locals Find!

God, this made my night. I'm curious who's doing the 4 logo designs.
Addie you never fail!

I am doing 2 one is just a touch up on an existing design, the other is a simple text design nothing elaborate modifying a few characters and done. The other 2 are being sent out to someone much more qualified than me. I don't have enough time on my hands to try and play around with stuff I can't handle. Just keeping up on what I got is costing me sleep every night.

To Quote my TI from basic, "Failure isn't an option, only victory or death"

:supersmilie:

HulkSmash

I am doing 2 one is just a touch up on an existing design, the other is a simple text design nothing elaborate modifying a few characters and done. The other 2 are being sent out to someone much more qualified than me. I don't have enough time on my hands to try and play around with stuff I can't handle. Just keeping up on what I got is costing me sleep every night.

To Quote my TI from basic, "Failure isn't an option, only victory or death"

:supersmilie:

I think you missed the boat..............

SignProPlus-Chip

We put our logo & number on the back of everything we can. We manufactured it, and we put our stamp on it, plain and simple. Just like any other manufacturer on the face of planet earth. Always on the back, or out of the way, unless it needs to be visible per town/county permitting requirements.

Also, you would be astonished to see how many people cannot remember where they got their sign made or vehicle wrapped. They get a sign made, a couple of years pass and they just can't conjure the name from memory if someone asks them.

Lots of developments we do work for down here have multiple divisions, and they don't always communicate with each other...so yeah, having a small tag on a sign or banner helps a quick look at any sign will tell them exactly who to call. For wraps we put a decal inside the drivers side door.

I'll take word of mouth advertising all day long, but if it's one thing my advertising and marketing background has taught me it is leave no opportunity to promote your business unused.

It's great that some people can proclaim they don't need to do this because they have amazing large accounts and very important client etc... But why would you want ANY business to slip by you, even the little guys?

It's out of little fish that big fish grow.

CentralSigns

We try to do quality work. If we donated the sign yes on front, otherwise its part of our marketing plan to tag the back. We stand behind our products and we want the customer to re-order from us when the sign outlives its expected life. We also have an industrial sign competitor and it really pisses him off when we put our web address in fine print on the front of an industrial plant type sign. Guess cause we are starting to step on his business because of it.

Jillbeans

It depends. On a hand painted sign I always sign my name Jill and the date.
On some signs or banners, I will add a small decal to the back.
On my panels I paint for auction, I slap a decal on the back.
On vehicles, only if asked, then it's a small decal.
Around here most people know that I did a sign just by my style.
Love....Jill

yes.

We do on coroplast signs and it does get us biz.

We also put three small diamonds centered on the bottom to faciliate putting in the stand or aligning any vinyl arrows etc.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I will tag a sign on the back if it's pretty decent sized, it's not for other people to see (as a lot of my metal signs get installed on the sides of buildings) ... it's for if they need to re-order ... a small business card sized decal has the company name and phone number. Might do them on banners occasionally ... but that is only on ones I mail out ... again ... it's for re-ordering, not for advertising to customers. if they don't want it on there, they can just peel them off ... it is afterall just a printed vinyl sticker.

Vehicle graphics are a little different ... I have a small pile of "Signs by ..." that I cut out of my scraps of vinyl ... about 3 times out of 5 a customer while they are waiting will flip through the stack and grab 2 to have me throw on the vehicle.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
All vehicles get a "warranty decal" on the door post or the front of the box behind the cab.
Single sided projects get a 1'' x 1.5'' decal on the back.

OADesign

Absolutely. Every sign small or large, we put a small decal with the company info. With the only exception being ADA, and double sided items for obvious reasons. We had even started putting phone numbers and web address in the folded part of banner hems. We get calls from these all the time.

Jackpine

I did it with painted signs ( tint or shade of the color I painted on) and small label that are on removable material on other signs. I have never had a complaint. On cars and boats I have been ask to sign the work.

tollerdad

info on banners

Do you add this to the artwork during design layout or is there an option in the rip to add a gutter image?

"We print a tag with our log and contact info right into the gutter of all of our displays and banners. That way it's on the reverse side of the print, past the hem. Out of sight, but still easily identifiable. This is either modified or removed entirely when doing wholesale, of course."

ddubia

Back in the day when everything was hand lettered I always signed my name very small in an appropriate location, (something like the consideration of where to put the "TM" or "R" on a logo or tag line).

It seemed pretty much everyone did that back then.

But nowadays no. Though sometimes when I do something which I feel is "artistic" enough to want to identify who created it I do think of signing it, but never do.

I actually have no argument either way. Just don't do it these days.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
depends on the sign.
i actually did it for the first time for a sign that was going to an island.
(truthfully, does anybody really look for that? Hell, no.)