• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you 'tag' your signs?

Do you tag your signs?

• Yes

Votes: 73 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 40 33.6%
  • Wait you can do that?!

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters

Patentagosse

I always tag my jobs. It's never the "in-your-face" type of decal... most of the time you have to search a li'l to find it. On vehicles (I'm doing a lot of semis), I have domed decal to sign my work. It's oval shaped and all infos are there to reach me. On smaller projects like 4x8 signs or the like (banners, coros...), the name is cut in the same colors used for the job so it blends nicely. 'Never got complains 'bout that. Quite the opposite, truckers usually ask: " 'hope you'll slap you name on it... I don't wanna be asked your name everywhere I stop for a coffee! "

HulkSmash

I am doing 2 one is just a touch up on an existing design, the other is a simple text design nothing elaborate modifying a few characters and done. The other 2 are being sent out to someone much more qualified than me. I don't have enough time on my hands to try and play around with stuff I can't handle. Just keeping up on what I got is costing me sleep every night.

To Quote my TI from basic, "Failure isn't an option, only victory or death"

:supersmilie:

addie i miss your face. where are you

VitalSignsCC

We add small labels to the backs of our banners. Also have been implementing the use of a custom QR code on the packaging for all our large decal orders as well.

SAR.Summerlin

Yes on some jobs. We print one on the back of the hem on banners. Have a decal we put on the back of some signs or the inside of an a-frame.

tollerdad

Looks like Onyx has a "Print Label" setting that will print all kinds of job info. Looks like if I want my web address or banner by... I can just ad it to the file name or see if there is another option to add/change text.

Tim Aucoin

I stand behind every sign I produce... at least until the customer tells me to go home, or I get hungry, or have to go pee! :ROFLMAO:
But, I haven't added stickers to them (yet)! Might be worth a shot. Good way to use up all that excess vinyl on the 54" roll when running a 48" print! :rolleyes: Oooh, another revenue stream!!!

legacyborn

I was at a sign shop that had been in business for over 20 years. In the year I was there they received a handful of calls from companies that only knew about them because of those stickers. I do however agree with Gino and wonder why those clients weren't called on a regular basis (especially considering one of those jobs was 5k+). On their banners (they only did printed banners) we would print on the hemmed edge the logo with contact info and the care instructions for banner.

MrSalumi

For all those who are against the idea of tagging work what about offering an incentive to your customer to help promote your business. That way it doesn't seem like you are railroading them and they have a choice.

idea:25-50 bucks off if you allow us to put our logo on...

Dovette

Here's how I would take it:

Do not put a tag on the sign, but offer it as an option. Like, "If you let us tag it, we'll take __?__% off of your purchase."

Patentagosse

In newspapers and magazines, ALL the pictures are tagged with source or photographer's name (credit), so I can't see why I wouldn't put my name on jobs I've spent over 8 hours on... However, I like it very subtil, in the corner, business card size... I hate when other shops in the neighborhood tag their name licence plate size like if they sponsor it or like a donation. Honestly, it sucks. I wouldn't let anyone slap a 6x12in. decal on a job I pay in full...