• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you 'tag' your signs?

Do you tag your signs?

• Yes

Votes: 73 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 40 33.6%
  • Wait you can do that?!

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters

sfr table hockey

On banners on a back corner, I put my logo as well as another decal with info on how to store a banner (roll - do not fold). Also on which way to roll a banner up as with printed its no issue but for vinyl lettering makes a difference with lettering being on the outside. Also if running rope through the banner how to do it propper.

I have been told by the customer to put my logo on the face of other signs for my own good but have yet to do it on anything other than banners.

Don't get me wrong we don't put tags on "art" projects (trade shows etc.)or tiny utility signs.
But sometimes I think when a customer wants a new sign after even a year or two he may have forgotten where he has gotten it from...do you want him opening up the phone book and looking for the first sign company he sees or do you want him to simply look at his old sign.

J

john1

Don't get me wrong we don't put tags on "art" projects (trade shows etc.)or tiny utility signs.
But sometimes I think when a customer wants a new sign after even a year or two he may have forgotten where he has gotten it from...do you want him opening up the phone book and looking for the first sign company he sees or do you want him to simply look at his old sign.

x2

CanuckSigns

We've had a few business owners come in and order a new sign from us because they saw our name on a few around town that they liked. the decals we put on are small enough to be pretty much invisible unless you walk right up to the sign.

If you commission a painter to paint your portrait, are you going to get upset when they sign the bottom corner?

sfr table hockey

We've had a few business owners come in and order a new sign from us because they saw our name on a few around town that they liked.

This was what tends to happen on banner stuff.

Also with the staff turnover now days, a person you had made a banner for last year is no longer there and the guy who is in charge now sees the old banner but won't know who did it but if its on the back there is a good chance you get the call for the next one.

MikePro

got a thread from a while back where I brought up the discussion of "do you replace other people's tags with yours, if you're just applying graphics to an existing fabricated sign"

got a guy from the next town over, that does vinyl for dirt cheap and has been replacing our manufacturer's decals with his own decals when he updates tenant graphics.... complete dickhead. I even removed one when I went to service OUR sign, and a few months later... its back on! m'f'er.

Browner

With the staff turnover now days, a person you had made a banner for last year is no longer there and the guy who is in charge now sees the old banner but won't know who did it but if its on the back there is a good chance you get the call for the next one.
This is exactly why I do it. Have gotten several calls about signs that were made many years back that need to be re-made/replaced/wording changed.
I also like the idea of the decal in the door jamb for vehicle graphics. Am going to start doing that. :goodpost:

Last edited:

300mphGraphics

On the edge of banners that get wrapped to the back during the hemming process, we place a 1"x12" block that includes our logo and contact info as well as a "made in CV Arizona" with an American flag. All packaging includes the same info.

Pat Whatley

I put 3/4" x 2" labels on the back of most of my banners, especially convention work. Coro signs get a 1/4" x 3" label on the back. I get quite a bit of repeat business out of them.

The decals are small, unobtrusive, but the give enough info to get people to call me for re-orders. No, I don't expect the general public to walk past them and call me to order a sign, that's not the point.

TXFB.INS

I put 3/4" x 2" labels on the back of most of my banners, especially convention work. Coro signs get a 1/4" x 3" label on the back. I get quite a bit of repeat business out of them.

The decals are small, unobtrusive, but the give enough info to get people to call me for re-orders. No, I don't expect the general public to walk past them and call me to order a sign, that's not the point.

+!

our sizes are a little different but the same thing is done here, what is the difference from a photographer putting there name on pictures, a car dealer putting their decal on the car, political signs have ID tags on them,

and if you want to get nit picky look at shirts, how many have tags in them? Hanes, Fruit of the Loop, Gildan, etc...
there is no difference if the customer does not what it on there they will take it off.

Border

I've gotten several repeat calls because of the small tags I put on wraps & some other signs & banners, many times because the original person who ordered them no longer worked for that company and nobody knew/remembered where they had gotten the original work done until they saw the tag...the small tag.

So, yes, I use tags but not on everything.

ChicagoGraphics

Use to put our name on the front side of all signs until I got tired of people calling me wanting to lease or buy whatever the sign was selling. Mind you my number was tiny compared to the 12" phone number that was on the sign.

sfr table hockey

I've gotten several repeat calls because of the small tags I put on wraps & some other signs & banners, many times because the original person who ordered them no longer worked for that company and nobody knew/remembered where they had gotten the original work done until they saw the tag...the small tag.

So, yes, I use tags but not on everything.

Like that’s gonna happen……:doh:

Before taking offence see post 25….. After that offence can be taken…

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I see the difference, now.

You see, this might not look obvious to you, but if you are worried about someone changing jobs or not remembering who they got this or that from...... are we just talking about a random banner or a job from a good client ??

In other words..... when you're in business and you have 100's, 1,000's or more customers, don't you call on the really good ones from time to time and find out wasup ??

Unless a company is strongly opposed to business interaction.... a good business plan is to always follow up a sale and then call on that client periodically throughout the year. You're not going to call the guy you made an $85 banner for, but anything of value, you bet you better be talking to them, just to keep your name in front of them. You might stop by or send them information of an upcoming sale, promotion or anything.... just to stay in touch.

Sounds like you guys are saying on the frivolous stuff, if you make a sale, put your name on it in hopes they'll call back. Okay, that'll work, but I was thinking on probably larger jobs. If things are that tough, why not seek out bigger and better customers ?? Pound the pavements instead of waiting for someone to call you from a sticker on the back of an old banner. Be active in your own business and stop waiting for the phone to ring.

Border

... Be active in your own business and stop waiting for the phone to ring.

I don't answer my phone anymore anyways and now people are banging down my door, trying to hand me money$$$ My customers think more highly of me the more I ignore them.
-Learned that little trick from Addie.
:Big Laugh

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:ROFLMAO: see how completely fast one forgets the totally stoopid things on this site ??
I forget all about that pearl of wisdom stellar business phones101 . . :thankyou: