• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dont skip lunch ever again on an install..

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Every neighborhood has its own little pizza joint that folks grow up loving. Home Run Inn is on the Southside, we were Northsiders. Up by us, it was a place named Pat's Pizza that everybody loved.

The original Home Run Inn is located not far from where the trade school I attended was. Every holiday season most of the trades held parties there for their apprentices. One year after one of those parties some under age apprentice who had been served left and while crossing the street got creamed by a car. We see them in the frozen section from time to time and will usually buy them. Their crust is awesome.

https://www.homeruninnpizza.com/location/chicago-31st-street/

The apprentice is in the frozen section.....?

Johnny Best

Its in the dairy section, frozen young guy who got creamed by a car. I always heard it was in the Chinese food section, "the cream of SomeYounguy"
When these posts with no substance go past 3 pages it gets bad.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Its in the dairy section, frozen young guy who got creamed by a car. I always heard it was in the Chinese food section, "the cream of SomeYounguy"
When these posts with no substance go past 3 pages it gets bad.

SomeYounguy is at my local grocer too. Unfortunately there is no gluten free version yet...since it contains pizza slices.

Those are fightin' words dammit.

FYI, the average Chicagoan rarely eats deep dish except on special occasions. Thin, almost cracker like crusts cooked at high temperature with a savory, tomato sauce and good fennel in the sausage and/or pepperoni are the go to.

Well, if that's the case I'll eat my words, but back in my youth I dated a girl from Lombard for about a year and you would have thought deep dish was how everybody eats pizza up there and she was Italian. She always called it Chicago style pizza so I thought it was the norm. All I know is the pizza around our area just 2 hours south is pretty damn good and it's thin crust all the way. And even if you order thick crust pan style pizza it's still a pizza, not a casserole.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry Gino but i disagree.

The worst pizza i ever got was under cooked, put in a Styrofoam container that was to small so it was all melting towards the center and the pepperoni still had plastic around the edges!

I couldn't even send it back since it was a customer who made it for me for free!

They did not stay in business to long....

Something like that, is different. I meant as far as normal made pizza, not someone's royal f*ckup.