• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Father teaches daughter a lesson about Facebook

Kottwitz-Graphics

I would have liked to see the back of the laptop, after...
Personally, I wouldn't have shot it up. I would have just sold it, rather than just throwing it away in the heat of the moment...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hah!
Who knew the Marlboro Man was also an IT professional?
Must be nice to be able to unload a 45 in your own backyard.

wayne k
guam usa

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Sledge hammer and make her watch :birthday:

It would be an Acer Netbook so that alone would make it much more enjoyable...

showcase 66

The shooting of the laptop was a bit much but the whole concept of teaching his daughter a lesson is priceless

kffernandez

i dunno about you guys. but it seems that the kid was doing everything that her parents asked her to do. it seems to be a bit much that the parents still expect the kid to be all happy and giddy inside after shes made to do all these chores day in and day out. her words were pretty honest and straightforward. not that i agree with what she thinks or says, but do take note that the kid was expressing herself in facebook among her friends - not unloading on her family. somehow, it feels similar to when a parent reads your diary, and beats you up for whats in it.

lets be realistic here. do you really expect parents to have control over what their kid feels and thinks? a kid without an outlet to express themselves at are usually the ones who might just snap one day or worse, just surrender and commit suicide.

just my 2c.

kelly

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I tried the experiment of letting the kids have Facebook, Myspace and XBOX Live and cell phones... they did the blocking stuff and angry posts, racked up hours of calls... if they want to communicate that crap, they should pay for it by getting a job and paying for their own computers, gaming consoles, subscriptions, fiber optic line and the house it's attached to... 2 longer live here, so they can express themselves all they want.

iSign

i dunno about you guys. but it seems that the kid was doing everything that her parents asked her to do. it seems to be a bit much that the parents still expect the kid to be all happy and giddy inside after shes made to do all these chores day in and day out. her words were pretty honest and straightforward. not that i agree with what she thinks or says, but do take note that the kid was expressing herself in facebook among her friends - not unloading on her family. somehow, it feels similar to when a parent reads your diary, and beats you up for whats in it.

lets be realistic here. do you really expect parents to have control over what their kid feels and thinks? a kid without an outlet to express themselves at are usually the ones who might just snap one day or worse, just surrender and commit suicide.

just my 2c.

kelly

I think that brat is going to have a far better life and a better chance in life as a result of lessons like this... the sense of entitlement drips off her comments, and that disrespectful self righteousness will get her a$$ booted out of any number of jobs, relationships or even communities if not put in check earlier in life before she gets too far down a path of fooling herself with her own self important delusions!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm thinking Mosh is on Facebook right now trying to see if he can get this guy to adopt him.

wayne k
guam usa

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

just my 2c.

kelly

If a boss saw a post like this from his/her employee ... that employee would be fired. there is a place and time for everything ... not on facebook.

I would have caught it on fire, then put the fire out with a sledge hammer.

Mainframe

This dude is an idiot! I can see from the letter she wrote, he has it his way or the highway, If you think for one minute you can stand over someone with a gun and have them respect you, you are misinformed, Sure they will fear you, but not respect you! It's NOT the same thing! You should NEVER teach your kids to solve a problem (other than a violent attack or need to gather food) with a gun!

When your kids DO something wrong, (steal, cheat, lie, or destroy property) they need to suffer the consequences. But this letter was directed straight to her parents, who do not have any intention to listen to her at all! When you are dealing with teens, it is never a dictatorship, it is always a negotiation.

if you have an 8 year old it is a dictatorship, "they gotta do what you say because you control everything" but when you deal with teens your control stops the second they step out of your sight. Your job is to teach them to behave when you are not looking.

This guy shot her laptop because she expressed her opinion about HIM. so what does he think she thinks of him now? Kids need to know you have their back, not be someone who inflicts violent acts toward them. Somebody needs to be the adult in the household.

What did she learn? Don't express our opinion to a man, so when she gets married or dates, she is just supposed to suck it up and do what the man says and be happy about it???

By the way, Yes I believe in owning firearms.

One of the greatest gifts you can give yourself is allow people around you to tell you the truth, then you you adjust and grow. or politely disagree and move on.

tsgstl

This dude is an idiot! I can see from the letter she wrote, he has it his way or the highway

Commonly called being a good parent

Facebook is far from a diary, this was shared with most likely 200+ others. I would of got the belt. Not that I would choose either but I understand it. And it's pretty freaking funny

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Yep that's funny
and a completely inappropriate way to handle the situation.

+1 on inappropriate. If you have a difficult child/teenager this is not the correct way to handle it. Hopefully he is taking care of it in other ways as this won't get to the root of the problem. We don't know the whole story about the family

SD&F

I think time will tell for him. The question is always nature or nurture with kids these days. Entertaining, non the less.