• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Favorite masking tool?

Jillbeans

ProWraps if you are serious I PMd ya my info.
I insist on sending you something in return.
I just wrassled with masking my first run of cut stuff.
I am just too short for the "core" method and too klutzy to make my own.
Thanks folks!
PS
The only interesting thing that's happened so far on the love seat is that Sukey (our pug) barfed on it the second day it was here.

Malkin

Wayne:

Do the tubes spin against the cores, or are they stationary?

This is a great thread, I think I will be building one of these. I have a holder for the 14" tape, but have always needed 2 people for the 30" roll that we have.

graphixtogo

The Weeder Sheeter is the best thing out there. You are not limited to the length of the table you are working on. One person can apply tape to 20' or more of material without stopping. I have mine mounted on a small square tabletop with the weeder set 90 degrees to the sheeter. Pass the vinyl through the weeder then turn it and insert it into the sheeter and you're done! When I started doing vinyl in '99, this was the next biggest purchase after my plotter and it was the best money I ever spent! It works flawlessly... no bubbles, no wrinkles... as long as you can keep turnin' the handle, it will keep applying tape!

I wish the Weeder Sheeter company would make a wide format version of the sheeter that would apply lamination!!! I'd be all over that in a heartbeat!

Jim Doggett

I saw the Rolls Roller at Sign UK.
It's a bit rich for my blood but very nice.
The guys made it look so easy too.

If you're going to SignWorld Expo next week you might see some nice things .... but I'm not a merchant here, yet. So I'll just say walk the show ... ;^)

Best,

Jim