• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers

SignAnnex

Anyone recieve the new fellers catalog yet? No dramatic changes, although prices have risen a few cents per sq. ft.

Does anyone recieve a set discount from fellers or just price match discounts? My first attempt at a price match got me transfered to a different rep who failed to get back to me about a $30 price difference from SW on a 38" Big Squeegee. I needed it fast (laminator was down) and had it overnighted from SW. It was still cheaper than I could have purchaced it from fellers even with the free shipping.

I have a regional rep that visits often and has been extremely helpful. Didn't really have time to call him about it, although I will mention it to him the next time he stops by. Just seemed to be an uncessacary hassle that it shouldn't have been. I must say, Fellers has been great, besides this one occurance and few impersonal customer service reps that we all know and love.

HulkSmash

I don't go by the catalog pricing. Our sales REP matches the pricing. They claim 3M had a price increase in January. But apparently it was only for them because our other suppliers havnt increased at all. So ill stick to grimco.

Mosh

FPP! I love it. Back when they were Ameriban, and Frank wasn't a cowboy, we always made fun of him. Me step-mom helped around the shop and acutally asked for Frank one day and got to talk to him. Classic!

klemgraphics

I have to call anytime I want a discount on any item that I haven't ordered before. And besides changing prices, my sales rep is useless, I mean he can read what is in the catalog and repeat it to you but not much beyond that and I wouldn't trust his recommendations.

MikePro

i like how Fellers has print heads in their catalogs now... for the price i'm quoted from my tech. to deliver and install.

...although I'm pretty set on getting them for <1/2 the price and installing myself

props to Fellers, however, for yet another sweet wrap on their cover. always gets me juiced up to start working on another wrap for our sales/install vehicles.

threeputt

To try and answer the question about discounts, I think that Fellers is no different from any and all of our suppliers.

The degree to which any supplier is "interested" in you (willing to discount prices) is directly related to these factors:

1) Are you ordering good size quantities? Or dribs and drabs.

2) Are you a pain in the ass client to them? (need a great deal of hand-holding, return stuff a lot, unreasonable about deliveries, etc.???)

3) Do you pay your accounts quickly and on time? Every month.

In short kids, are you the type of client worthy of being sold to at discount?

TresL

I have to call anytime I want a discount on any item that I haven't ordered before. And besides changing prices, my sales rep is useless, I mean he can read what is in the catalog and repeat it to you but not much beyond that and I wouldn't trust his recommendations.

Jim?

10sacer

Reps

Perhaps I think too much or my expectations are way too high... but is it wrong of me to expect that my vendor sales reps know more about their products than I do?

I had a guy call me from (unnamed company) that sells equipment for them and he had no idea what the equipment landscape looked like these days. Didn't know half the new models of UV flatbeds and couldn't talk laminators at all. Its like if its not from HP or Vutek - they don't think it exists.

I expect to be able to call my distributor or their exernal rep and fill him in on a project I'm working on and ask for recommendations for best usage and have him give me a solid answer that I can count on.

Most of these guys have no clue...

Letterbox Mike

We get decent discounts from them on the things we buy regularly, but they're nothing special and with some skillful negotiating you can get better deals and better service from other smaller vendors. I had a sit-down with the company that supplies us with our ink on Monday and discussed all of the purchases we make with other companies. They're a small regional supplier, one location. Turns out, they really want our business, and are able to get us the same or similar products at much better rates, and I've got one point of contact and not a call center. It's worth trying to establish real relationships with some other vendors, increasingly with Fellers I feel like nothing but a number, and that number is not related to the very large number that we spend with them every year.

Pat Whatley

My problem with the Fellers "discount" is that I have to call and ask for it. It's just always made me feel like they had the attitude that they were going to screw me for as much as they could get from me until I called them out on it. Couldn't they just make the price lower to start with?

klemgraphics

My problem with the Fellers "discount" is that I have to call and ask for it. It's just always made me feel like they had the attitude that they were going to screw me for as much as they could get from me until I called them out on it. Couldn't they just make the price lower to start with?
Exactly, just like when I placed my first order with them and didn't get the free shipping. I called to ask why and they told me that I didn't ask for it so I didn't get it and they could not credit it back, told me that they have customers that have been paying for shipping for years only because they didn't ask for it to be free.

SignAnnex

Great points by all... We purchace all of our sheet goods and aluminum tubing from a local distributer. They are great, free next day over $100.00, but they don't carry everything we require when it comes to print media, ink's and vinyls. I also find myself wondering about the "freshness" of their inventory.

I guess what got us started with fellers was the convenience being able to get almost anything we need, next day without hearing "we can special order that for you"