• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers

Bigdawg

Just Me
I only use Fellers for what I can't find elsewhere. I would LOVE to consolidate my purchasing, but no one vendor can seem to get it all right.

I buy my main vinyls, lams, general supplies from one place...
most my substrates from another because vendor one has crap if they have it at all.
Then blanks from another.

All of them decent people to deal with, but there's always something that is consistently wrong.

ABPGraphics

A poem written By Frank......

I love myself, I think I'm grand - I go to the movies and hold my hand -
I put my arm around my waist - and when I get fresh I slap my face

tomence

I used to like Fellers but not anymore. You are just a number to them. I have another supplier which is only half a mile away from Fellers and gets me way better prices without even asking for discounts. Few days ago i got a call from the local sales rep for Fellers asking me why i haven't bought anything lately and i already told her before why and she is acting like we never talked so i just told her to F--- Off and be done with them for once.

visual800

been with fellers since their catalog had 3 pages LITERALLY! I just dumped them about 1 month ago because of the badgering from Candy in accts receivable. Not only from the badgering and it was an error on their part but when her and I were on the phone she mentioned a credit that I had back in June would I like to apply that?

WTF!!?? I ask for the exact total to end this marriage and I paid it. Frank has come along way and I have to admire his ability to change with the times and adjust to what supplies are in demand. the only problem I ever had b4 this was some crappy ass transfer rite. Frank actually called me back himself and took care of the problem

BALLPARK

I am very happy with Fellers and my rep... :)

The pricing plans they have for my wrap combo kits could not be matched by my other suppliers, not even close. They do not mess up my orders...

The prices in the book are higher for the most part from what you can get from your rep. If you order one at a time, you may not get the best deals in the world. But keep ordering and they will give and give...

Nothing but love for Fellers.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
If Fellers sells it, I get it from them. I think a big part of it is I can order something and generally have it at my door within 3 hours.

Mikeifg

I haven't had any issues yet. I like how quickly I can get something. Wish I could get a discount to , but we only bought a little under 15K worth of material from them last year probably very small potatos compared to other shops.

W

wetgravy

I only order from fellers when my other sources are out of stock and I need something asap. Since I'm not in a distribution city, or anywhere near it ... shipping still kills the order. I'll stick with my guys that drop ship to me (love seeing that van show up) or SW since they have decent ship times and resonable prices.

David Wright

My problem with the Fellers "discount" is that I have to call and ask for it. It's just always made me feel like they had the attitude that they were going to screw me for as much as they could get from me until I called them out on it. Couldn't they just make the price lower to start with?

I found that a few years ago when I found out there was free shipping and better prices if you ask. I don't buy much from them anymore.

Letterbox Mike

I just dumped them about 1 month ago because of the badgering from Candy in accts receivable.

Dear god they have the worst A/R department I've ever seen. Whatever system they use is wacky. We cannot get any running record of how much we owe them at any given time. We've begged them to start sending us a monthly statement and they don't even understand what we're asking for let alone actually do it. They actually told us to just keep track of the packing lists that are on each box because they have the price and just pay that amount within 30 days. Trouble is that can be as many as 200+ pages at any given time, there's no way to keep track of all that and there's no way we're going to spend the time making our own damn statement when they should be doing that.

We have a $20k credit limit with them, when we reach that they cut us off. Problem is, we have no idea how much we ever owe them, so every other week we call and get a balance for what's coming due and send them a check for it. At least once a month they cut us off because they can't figure out how to tell us where we stand. It's not for lack of money on our part, but you can't pay a bill when you don't know the balance. They're the only vendor we have that doesn't send a monthly statement. We're actually trying to significantly reduce what we spend with them because of this alone.

And incidentally, this last monday I emailed my Fellers rep asking for updated pricing for the materials we buy the most of. We're getting our pricing structure set for the year and I need to know if the discounts I've been getting are going to continue or go up. She responded right away and said I'f have it Tues. morning. It's now Thursday evening and I still don't have it...

tattoo.dan

I did the same thing insignia and am still waiting to hear back. Contacted my rep before the holidays and sent a reminder email last week. Got a printout of what I bought from them last year and going to check some local suppliers.

tattoo.dan

Oh great, so my fellers rep calls this morning to tell me mutoh has a loyalty trade-in they just started and I could trade my falcon in and save $5500 on a new 1304, he could get me in it for the great deal of about $13,500...

not one mention of the pricing. i am calling local company and talking to them today. if fellers had it, i ordered it from them...not anymore!

MikePro

hold out for the ISA show in April (i think)... in Las Vegas!
you would most likely get the same deal, or even better, without having to trade-in AND the trip is a tax deduction that also pays for itself anyways in what you would be saving on the printer.

Wrapture

Funny that I found this thread. I came here looking for feedback on the new knifeless tape that's in the catalog. (You know, the one that will give you the ability to charge more for your wraps) /sarcasm

The fpp ratio is hilarious. All laughing aside, the Raptor and GTR are worthy of being in the catalog...very cool rides.

To stay on topic, fellers has always done us right. Yes you have to ask for a price break, and if you don't order that product often you have to ask again. I'm conditioned now and it's no big deal anymore. My rep, David, is bar none the best sales rep that ever has walked in my door. And that's not a hard feat to accomplish. If he doesn't answer his phone, he calls me back. If he doesn't have the answer, he finds it and doesn't leave me hanging, or gets me a contact info with the manufacturer. 90% of what I order shows up within hours and the other 10% 2 days. The few material problems I've had have been swapped out with minimal hassle. My ONLY gripe is that actually placing an order these days has been more laborious than it use to be. More hold times, more playing 20 questions with whoever it is on the other end...just more difficult to place orders. BUT STILL LEAGUES ahead of the other vendors that I occasionally use for substrates and what not. Oh, and fellers bent over backwards on my equipment purchase. Hate to sound like a walking commercial but I guess that's what happens when you go above and beyond for your customers. Peace, everyone.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Our new pricing to venders should even out the prices they are charging. Fellers has traditionally bought on a weekly basis and SW has bought large amounts about every 3 months. We now give Fellers monthly pricing on quantities instead of the single order quantities.

I have a new vendor that sells strictly ebay. Their group is expanding to offering our products to a wider customer base. Target customers include scrap booking, wall paper, print & poster lamination & mounting as well as the sign related uses.

SignAnnex

Our new pricing to venders should even out the prices they are charging. Fellers has traditionally bought on a weekly basis and SW has bought large amounts about every 3 months. We now give Fellers monthly pricing on quantities instead of the single order quantities.

I have a new vendor that sells strictly ebay. Their group is expanding to offering our products to a wider customer base. Target customers include scrap booking, wall paper, print & poster lamination & mounting as well as the sign related uses.

Thanks for the clarification Dale, I guess that would explain the price difference. Although it doesn't say much for Fellers service or business plan. Hopefully they get their act together before they go the way of Sign Warehouse, who actually seems to be improving in that regard.

I wonder if Fellers has anyone monitoring these boards? It’s actually kind of nice that SW at least has people here that care enough about our feedback…

iSign

We're actually trying to significantly reduce what we spend with them because of this alone.

have you ever dealt with Advantage Sign Supply?
I have found them to be the absolute best vendor I have ever dealt with in my 20 year in this trade, and 14 years owning this company. Since first dealing with them, anything I need, I will choose to buy from them first, buying elsewhere only if they don't sell what I want. I don't nickle and dime my purchasing too much, as I find i make it up on the quality of service. They have been (& presumably still are) merchant supporters of S101 too!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I wonder if Fellers has anyone monitoring these boards? It’s actually kind of nice that SW at least has people here that care enough about our feedback…

At last count there are seven Signs 101 members who are representatives of Fellers. They have never shown any interest in becoming Merchant subscribers though.