• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Time purchase/set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinfausto

Pat
Who is going to make a 3 x 12 banner for $36.00 of 100 for $3600 as you suggest?

Also, have you never heard of advertising? Nobody will come to your church if they don't know you are there. Nor will they stop unless they see a sign that states you are there or are having a special service to reach those who do not know Christ.
Anyway, thanks to all of you for your input. I have a lot to think about.
I'm out of here
Jerry

flisk

See if this puts it into perspective for you, Why should I go to church when I can go online and become an ordained minister?

That is not to sound like a smart remark, rather a serious question.

The bottom line is, there is more to it than that right?

We, those of us in the sign business, have the same attitude towards sign making. Alot goes into what we do. We have all spent long hours to get where we are, we have spend money to learn what we know. Use your local sign company for the knowledge that they have. Or hook up with someone in your church(s) that work at or run a sign shop. Get involved with your community, and participate with it's members. Word of mouth for a Church does WONDERS for participation. Else the next step is going to be to open a grocery store so you can get discount food?

zmatalucci

I'm starting my own church as it is cheaper for me and my family. You see, if I can save $5 every sunday, that will more than pay for my trip to heaven in the end.

Kevin T

If you are already familiar with Illy you can buy a plugin program to cut straight out of Illy. Signlab seems like overkill for a one off shop making a few banners. I could care less if you produce your own product chances are good you wouldn't pay me what I want anyway so I've lost nothing.

One way or the other education costs. I'm not sure you can expect that something hard earned will easily be given for free.

....and tomorrow I'm adding the line "advertising for Christ" to my business card hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Does that require a disclaimer? Like "this message approved by the committee to advertise christ." lololololoooooooo

ps The tone and nature of your posts sound eerily familiar to another well meaning soul. So pardon the skepticism.

Cadmn

Why oh why did I ever waste 5 years of my life doing an apprenticeship???
Gee Dave so you could come here & give information to those that in the end will cut your throat for a nickle. My experience with Ministries is they have to do their own stuff because they owe everyone that has ever provided a service to them. I've seen it tons of times in the past 20 years & it is why I no longer attend an Organized religious meeting. no money out of our pockets really but info is worth something & dave "Yes it sucks" all the yahoos come her to learn to take money/business from us .
yet a preacher will tell you that the ox is worth his Hire when he is looking for a raise i salary. Got the shirt

gvgraphics

Better yet, Here ya go...........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$.99 s/f printed finished wholesale banner special
$.99 s/f printed finished wholesale banner special

13oz vinyl hemmed and grommets.

50 s/f minimum

3 day turn

print ready files.

Michael Failla
Director of Operations
Merritt Graphics
Big Color Graphic Solutions Division
http://www.merrittgraphics.com
p: +1 860.296.2500 ext. 1117
c: +1 860.883.7642*
f: +1 860.296.1322*
mfailla@merrittgraphics.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen

Techman

Thanks for taking the time to figure cost. However I would question the $20,000 initial cost
thats because you are a moron.

It cost us $180.00 for a 3x12 banner.

Thats a 36 sq ft banner At 10 bux a foot they got for about 360 bux.. He gave it to you at 180.. thats 5 bux a sq foot. He just about gave it to you because the labor time and materials is just about that too. How cheap do you want to be??????

Don't come here accusing your local vendor of charging you too much when he is doing it for just about cost,, and then ask us to give you a way to cheat your local sign man out of his work.. Quite frankly I am sic of it.

I'm out of here
Jerry

Good riddance

jiarby

Merritt probably made the last one you did for the sign guy that sold it to you for $180//LOL!

TD Jakes wears nice suits and drives a nice car... I think churches can generate some cash but with the preacher living like Donald Trump there isn't much left for the sign guy.

You guys should focus on your core mission, rather than making signs and printing. A banner never saved a soul, buy maybe you could if you weren't too busy peeling vinyl in the church cafeteria!

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
maybe we should hook this guy up with minister who keeps needing 50 banners with a jesus saying on it? that guy has enough credit cards to pay for any amount of banners...

chopper

kinda sad when churches have to advertise to get your xmas dollar along with wall mart and cheat you out of your profit along the way...hey wasn't wall mart in the sign biz too?? go there to get you cheap banners!! //chopper

TB designs

After reading these posts, I see that most people will be going to Hell for bluntly lying to the man. I too agree that our business is being over populated. But we should also blame our selves for over charging this man and making him go purchace his own equiptment. Sign whore-house and Ordinaryway Sign Supply sell blank banners for less than a $1.00 psq. and they list this on their web page.
You can't be pissed at the man for looking for a cheaper way of doing things. And for the person that said it would cost over 20G's, come on man, the internet just proved that you were wrong when this man of god googled the products he was looking to purchace
I say kudos to the guy.
What YOUR clients should be paying you for is your talent, NOT your prices. So ALL you BASHERS should have nothing to worry about.
I am new at posting here but I view this site on a daily basis for a few years now, and I had to speak up on behalf of this guy getting bashed by the sign industry and making the talented people look bad.

-TB

gvgraphics

After reading these posts, I see that most people will be going to Hell for bluntly lying to the man. I too agree that our business is being over populated. But we should also blame our selves for over charging this man and making him go purchace his own equiptment. Sign whore-house and Ordinaryway Sign Supply sell blank banners for less than a $1.00 psq. and they list this on their web page.
You can't be pissed at the man for looking for a cheaper way of doing things. And for the person that said it would cost over 20G's, come on man, the internet just proved that you were wrong when this man of god googled the products he was looking to purchace
I say kudos to the guy.
What YOUR clients should be paying you for is your talent, NOT your prices. So ALL you BASHERS should have nothing to worry about.
I am new at posting here but I view this site on a daily basis for a few years now, and I had to speak up on behalf of this guy getting bashed by the sign industry and making the talented people look bad.

-TB

For starters "The Man" who said 20g's is the owner of this site.......:)

Second he apologized when he realized that he wasn't talking about printing.

Third and foremost, why don't you donate the banners to the church if we so called professionals over charge. It's jackasses like you who drive market prices down and cost business owners of legit business' to loose there lively hood. So before you come in here opening your ever so low balling mouth, look at the facts.

Damn, people like this piss me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shovelhead

"Damn, people like this piss me off"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grooooooooooooooossssssfabaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Attachments

• 07_small.jpg
    07_small.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.