• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Time purchase/set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

3mpainter

First off I'm not the CHURCH that you tried to JEW over. Just a concerned indavidual that attends church.

It's better to give than to receive, so why don't you make the banners for free to this church and you will be blessed seven fold. So I hope you get blessed my brother.
God bless you.

TB designs
whats 'JEW' over 'supposed to mean christrian boy? think mabey you need to pray to your 'JEW' savior some more.

gvgraphics

More proof that you are just an ass.

There is a difference in the word church and your post of
"and remember that jesus loves you. John 3.16
he died for our sin's

So you too are a liar and now have proven what to your employees? That you call your self a church goer and lier all in the same thread?

Sign_Boy

Time to put this fire out.

Attachments

• fire_out.jpg
    fire_out.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 106

flisk

So this guy was YOUR customer.. It's all clear to us now..

YOU were the one that was overcharging him, making him go to another source to get his banners done.

Job well done!

geb

I'm going to post something alittle more on line with the original posters question, hopefully.

Jerry, as far as Signlab goes, I own and love the software. When I first started with my investment, I didn't know what I was getting into. Signlab has many features. You would be buying a basic package, and would be limited in your capabilities of design within this program. I would suggest if you go that route, know what features of the program you would be getting. You will pay much more for added modules, which in my opinion, are needed to produce good layouts. These include, welding text, shadowing, vectorizing, use of certain fonts in the signlab program, and much more.

At your suggested starting price, you may want to rethink your choice of software for you intentions.

George

Shovelhead

Some of my best friends are Jews....honestly...it's not a cliche'.
I love my JEW BOY brothers...I'd die for them without flinching!!!!!!
It's those friggin Schwartzers I can't stand.
Sorry Fred...I know you're laughing Brother!

That has to be ingrained in your soul to TYPE that...I might give a pass
to a verbal error....well...maybe not!

Ich han dich lib

Attachments

• rabbi.jpg
    rabbi.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 94

threeputt

Christians..Heathens...hear me. In my opinion the OP was not real far out asking for advice here. More than likely he knew (or suspected) he might get a roasting, but was willing to risk it in order to achieve something. Ok.

Most sign guys (and gals) are supremely sensitive to this very kind of thing. That their particular shop or even a brother-in-the-trade's shop might get knocked "out of the loop" for some church banners irritates them. All this is based on the "principle of the thing" of course.

But let's not be overly critical, or may I even suggest it(?), hypocritical.

How many of us own auto type tools so we don't have to use a local mechanic? Or paintbrushes to paint our own homes and further screw the local painter's union? Point is, we all act in our own self-interest. The OP wants to save the Church money that would otherwise be spent on banners to, presumably, help the poor, aid the sick, etc. Church stuff.

The fact that he came here can be viewed by some, as an affront. Ok, to them it certainly is, I won't argue that. Our feelings are our feelings. To others, myself included, no big deal. He took a chance, took a beating for it, and heck...I'm none the worse for wear. Some here even offered some assistance and figures to help him weigh the pros and cons.

Such is life. This isn't some dress rehearsal. In the big scheme of things, it won't matter tomorrow.

Dave Drane

OK so my spelling isn't the best, but we aren't here to talk about my spelling, we are here to talk about your blessings that you can give to the church, and remember that jesus loves you. John 3.16
he died for our sin's
Nice!! you don't even think Jesus deserves a capital "J".:help:

Lunatic Taskbar

Maybe if they all got together and prayed for the answers, the would be forth coming.

Then when they are then all knowing (based on faith of course) possibly they could come on this forum and show us the error of our ways! LOL

S

Sign-Man Signs

We have a church printshop which produces printed material using Illustrator CS3. Are looking to expand to produce banners for our churches. Looking at purchasing the Graphtec CE5000 and Signlab to run it. We probably won't produce more than 50-75 banners per year and some vehicle decals. Any suggestions?

Save your money.
www.signs365.com
All you need to know.

Jackpine

First off I'm not the CHURCH that you tried to JEW over. Just a concerned indavidual that attends church.

It's better to give than to receive, so why don't you make the banners for free to this church and you will be blessed seven fold. So I hope you get blessed my brother.
God bless you.

TB designs
If this is true, and I believe it is...... Why don't you make the banners and give them to the church and get the seven fold blessings? Seems you could use them.
Churches should support their communities as there members support them.

Cadmn

churches choose to cut the throat of its communities yet expecting the community to fully support them with their cash. really 10% of lost money from using their own printers& cutting out the Professional = the professional not paying in 10% so then the church begs for more money to buy more equipment to cut out more vendors. churches actually cause the loss of tithe by not using vendors locally that may be in their membership.

arrghiamapirate

Really?
You have 100 churches and not one of your flock is a sign maker of some caliber?
Ask the flock. I am sure one would volunteer their time, thalents and service. Or at least knock off a few bucks.
I am doing a layout for the church my Mom goes to pro bono. I refuse to do church work for money. ( I turn down 99.9% of it anyway, but I was raised in the church that is asking). The irony is that I am agnostic.

Status
Not open for further replies.