• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fish Tacos Logo

HaroldDesign

Still messing with the color scheme, but you see the direction I took it. It's not quite right, but I'm not quite sure what's bothering me. I'm going to come back to it later. See any obvious influence? :Big Laugh

Attachments

• EFT_2.jpg
    EFT_2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 117

signmeup

I like it. I think the hat's a little too busy to go with the simplicity of the fish. Maybe try fewer triangles on the brim? Fonts boring too but that's purely a matter of taste. You know more about the client than I do.

HaroldDesign

Here is what I submitted. Thank you everyone! From concept to what it is now makes me happy!
:thankyou:

Attachments

• EFT_3.jpg
    EFT_3.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 122

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I started posting this before i saw what you submitted...

I say lose the typeface (which you already did).... at the very least play around with some.

For the logo, I think the fish is the problem.

All these ideas are good in the head, but they are taking away from the prime objective... unless the prime objective is something else, it is too identify.
The fish is the center of the logo, and I think FISH TACOS might have a larger impact, the fish should add to the logo, not overpower it. If you have to have a fish on there, then add it to a layout. The concept, clever as it may be, is complicating it.

I did a quickie idea (not the answer - just the idea)... the logo on top... that way it can be used in practically all applications, then the layout... it's fun, people do not have to break down the concept too much, and it identifies the business and product and you get to keep your fish.

Attachments

• estes fish.jpg
    estes fish.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

HaroldDesign

WOW Rick - that bottom one is awesome!! I really appreciate your input! I figured I should see what he thinks of what I have, and I know it will go through some tweaking. I'm still not sure about the font, and the rest of it is too large. Next time I'll hire you! :wink:

TheSellOut

Those new ideas look great Caleb and Rick! I thought the fish was looking a little too down or scared so I made him happy!

Attachments

• Fish Taco.jpg
    Fish Taco.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 102

digitalwoodshop

I've never heard of a fish taco. That image kind of turns me off the idea. Do they really put a whole fish in a taco?

I like the version in post 27......

I am retired Navy and sampled food in 27 countries so I was open to new things. I lived in San Diego for 13 years.... Being from the Pennsylvania, I never had seen a Fish Taco's and the idea of fish and Taco did not sound that good.... Boy was I WRONG.... They were GREAT !!!!!! Some kind of white fish, Cod.... Fine Chopped fresh cabbage, Some kind of Sauce.... Fresh soft or hard shells. I used Ranch Dressing when I made them on the Grill at home with cod. I bet McD's would do well with a fish taco in the soft wrap if they fried the wrap slightly first....

AL

Custom Bob

I really like the last design you did Caleb.
The only thing that bothers me is the letter "F". It looks to jammed up and doesn't flow with the rest of the letters. Even the "E" could be altered a little bit.
Nice work though.

Pat Whatley

I'm kind of partial to Heaths in post 51. Change the "water" to a plate shape and make the cut out in the taco back into a bite mark and I think you've got something. I just think the bite mark "sells" the whole thing.

Caleb, what you submitted is pretty sweet, too....a definite improvement on the original concept.

Rick, you suck.

SignManiac

Joe I am indebted to you. For a minute there, I thought I was the only sick puppy here. Or at least the only one honest enough to admit it :) GMTA!

Pat, I was thinking the same exact thing all along about the bite mark! Good call.

daveb

General Know-it-all
Just had to play with this a little this morning. Mexican should be bright and fun. Should change the hat to green. Just my twist.:clapping:

Attachments

• FishTaco1 copy.jpg
    FishTaco1 copy.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 111

k.a.s.

This kind of thread is what Signs 101 is about, and should be shown to all newbies b/f they ask for design help. Good job everyone!!

Kevin

HaroldDesign

Just had to play with this a little this morning. Mexican should be bright and fun. Should change the hat to green. Just my twist.:clapping:
Ahh... That really ties it together! I'm not going to touch this until I hear from the customer, but I'm certain I'm going to rip off your idea before this is done. :Big Laugh