• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fish Tacos Logo

daveb

General Know-it-all
Ahh... That really ties it together! I'm not going to touch this until I hear from the customer, but I'm certain I'm going to rip off your idea before this is done. :Big Laugh
Not a problem Caleb, glad you liked it, that's what this forum stuff is all about (gotta figure out how to insert that stupid quote box)..... GOT IT! DANG I'M GETTIN' IT FIGURED OUT (finally)

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I forgot to add, when I design a character, I like to name it, it adds some personality to the image while you are developing it... this would be one of those jobs I would go way overboard and lose money on, and then after it was done, come up with even better ideas...

I give you 'Paco: The Taco Fish'

and yes Pat I agree, I do suck...

>walks away depressed<

>walks back<

By the way, there is no 'suck' smiley...

>walks away depressed again but determined to rooster punch Pat the first chance I get<

Attachments

• paco the taco pescado.jpg
    paco the taco pescado.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 98

MikePro

11 out of 10 stars for that last design, Rick. Paco ftw!

regardless, I never noticed before that a bite mark near the end of a taco makes it look like a fish! great idea, i hope it stays with the final design... wherever it goes.

TheSellOut

Rick, the way your logo evolved is awesome. I am always very impressed by your work! I always try and bookmark the links that you give for books and tips, and I for one appreciate you posting them! You should start a thread of the books and websites that you have found helpful that people could add to. It would be one of the most helpful threads on this forum!

"Viva La Paco"

p3

Rick, how did you do that dotted line in the middle of the design? was that just the type of stroke that was applied?

signgal

You know I adore your work, Rick and I gotta say I was not blown away by the first designs but I'm ready to run off for a weekend in mexico with Paco! You suck hard core! LOL

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
P3...

If you are using Illustrator, open your STROKE window and make sure all your options are open..

On the dialog box you have the option of dashed lines...

do a simple stoke at 10 points.. the the dash at .01 then the 10 point gap.

then go to the upper right and click on ROUND CAP and ROUND JOINT

you should have a dotted line and you can adjust any way you want, then if you want it into a vector, hit expand or expand appearance....

All this design stuff comes from hours of hassling zoning and building code with a city yesterday... I have to take it out on someone!

After I did the sombrero, I noticed my Fred head did not have one... so I figure what the heck...

Attachments

• PACO DE FRED CABEZA.jpg
    PACO DE FRED CABEZA.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 104

rjpjr

ok... got bored... it is cold and rainy... here is another take on FISH TACO.

Attachments

• Estes-Fish-Tacos-new-fin.jpg
    Estes-Fish-Tacos-new-fin.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 87

Fitch

Now the reason I like the last one so much is because it is TOTALLY away from the "growth" pattern of the others. It is simple, conveys the message to what it is representing, has maturity to it, yet the fish is attractive to children, being cute.

I might put an inline on the banner and increase the size of the last S for balance, but other than that - PERFECT.

As they say in the movies... "that's a wrap"

PS. Make sure you get a worthy design fee, and being so good, register it. With the internet, I can see this being stolen.

Jillbeans

Agreed.
I was not too keen on your first suggestion, Rick, but this one is excellent.
Love the typography.
(I still don't know if I would be brave enough to try the taco)

JR's

posted by signmeup
Here's another idea for fish tacos.
Attached Thumbnails
OMG,OMG,..OMG!!! that is funny stuff right there. you made my morning.

JR :ROFLMAO:

Pat Whatley

Since I linked this post as an example on another post I thought I'd ask for a follow up.

Please tell the customer didn't do something stupid like deciding to go in a different direction, design-wise.

HaroldDesign

In the end, he changed the name all together, and then ended up not starting the venture at all! Since this was for a close friend, he'll be picking up my airfare the next time I fly out there to visit. Oh, well...
This was a good thread - thanks again to everyone for all the great input! I don't feel the time was all for nothing.