• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flushing Position Adjustment for Roland VS-540i ink dripping out of left side of capping station

graphicsphere

I tried a flushing position adjustment in service mode but I notice there is ink now dripping out of the left side of capping station after cleanings (picture1). So when I did the flushing position adjustment it says to press the ENTER key when the arm part of cap unit starts to move which I did but when I look closely at the cap I can see sort of a angle that the cap has against the Printhead. The left side is alot higher than the right side of cap under the Printhead (picture2). I just wanted to ask if height is suppose to be different from left side of cap and right side of cap? Is there something else I can adjust besides the flushing position adjust?

P.S. My nozzle test after powerful cleaning is 100% but when it sits for a few days I always have missing nozzles on the right side of the head (picture3). So I really think it’s something to do with the capping unit. What can I do to adjust?

Attachments

• IMG_1312.jpg
    IMG_1312.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_1318.jpg
    IMG_1318.jpg
    781.1 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1111.jpg
    IMG_1111.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 198

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
How old is your cap top? looks to have a bit of build up on the rubber around the cap top.

Zoogee World

It looks pretty dirty around the edges for only being a few weeks old... Anyways is it OEM or 3rd party? I'd for sure also clean those edges, cleaning off any of the dried build up.

graphicsphere

The pictures above was right after doing cleanings that way I can show you where the ink is dripping out of the capping station. Does your capping station get ink there too or do I need to adjust?

Zoogee World

It has happened once, a long time ago, I have the VS-300i, so a little smaller printer, but everything is the same. I think that run off might be due to the edge being very gummed up with excess dried ink, at least from that photo it looks that way. Do you do a manual cleaning at least once a week and clean the cap top? I find that the 3rd party cap tops sometimes don't seal the best, but after you clean off all that dried ink, try again and see if you get better results. If it's overflowing, could also have a clog in the drain line.