• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For all you shops that bring the pooch to work

I can't wait to own my own sign shop (hoping within 10 or so years) so I can bring my pups in! But in the mean time, we have a sheltie here, she is a doll :)

anotherdog

Professional?

There are a few reasons I go to the hassle (and cost) of having my own business. One of them is the pleasure of having my dogs around and the knowledge that they aren't moping around an empty house waiting nine hours for someone to come home.

I would rather be happy than professional...but I don't have to make the choice, because I am both.

Border

He's not a dog, he's a Wookie. And he is my co-pilot in life! Kirby goes almost everywhere with me! When we go to the Boundary Waters, he even backpacks his own food in.

Attachments

• Kirby_3-01-2012.jpg
    Kirby_3-01-2012.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_1638.JPG
    100_1638.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_2595.jpg
    100_2595.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_1587.JPG
    100_1587.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_2675.JPG
    100_2675.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_2684(2).jpg
    100_2684(2).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_3033.JPG
    100_3033.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_3313.JPG
    100_3313.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 81
  • DCP01073.JPG
    DCP01073.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Em & Kirby.jpg
    Em & Kirby.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 96

mopar691

Ozzy joins me here about 3 days a week.

But only if I can get him up in the morning on the way in.

Customers love him and he enjoys sleeping in new places.

Attachments

• IMG_5634.jpg
    IMG_5634.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 86

Mosh

Just remember...dogs don't use toilet paper, they wipe on the carpet. And us
that are not used to the smell of dog crap can smell it, and it smells like...dog crap!
(if you say "my place don't stink" you are who I am talking about)

genericname

that are not used to the smell of dog crap can smell it, and it smells like...dog crap!

Actually, that's almost a sure sign that your dog has worms. I've never seen a dog scoot that didn't have a problem in the derrière.

The more you know!

*DUN DUN DUN DAAAAAH*

HulkSmash

Dogs also poop outside...most of them..

SD&F

Look, I have 10 dogs and I rotate on who I bring in. We have the shop and office areas separated and the dogs absoultely love to go and say "Hello" to everyone. We are professional and I find that if my dogs don't like 'em, they are not worth having as customers. I brought my female shepard in last year one day and she growled at someone who was in the other room. She never growled before at work...guess what they were dead beats. If only I had dog sense. I LUV THE PICTURES!!!

CanuckSigns

Professional?

There are a few reasons I go to the hassle (and cost) of having my own business. One of them is the pleasure of having my dogs around and the knowledge that they aren't moping around an empty house waiting nine hours for someone to come home.

I would rather be happy than professional...but I don't have to make the choice, because I am both.

:goodpost:

d fleming

5 Dobes on rotation.
Look, I have 10 dogs and I rotate on who I bring in. We have the shop and office areas separated and the dogs absoultely love to go and say "Hello" to everyone. We are professional and I find that if my dogs don't like 'em, they are not worth having as customers. I brought my female shepard in last year one day and she growled at someone who was in the other room. She never growled before at work...guess what they were dead beats. If only I had dog sense. I LUV THE PICTURES!!!

CanuckSigns

I find it adds a bit of character to the shop, if someone comes in and is scared of our 30 lb Cocker Spaniel, we will put him in the back shop while we deal with that particular customer. The only ones who seem to have an issue with him are some of the truckers delivering stuff, but I'm pretty sure that's a cultural issue.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i can remember three businesses that i've been to in 43 years that had a dog walking around their shop/place. i've never been back, i get that they can choose their customers. it's just not for me.

then again, i prefer to eat animals....