• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

goin to school for graphic design

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildWestDesigns

Mr deans list from UTI, I have a Friend that has a Ford mustang that the security light stay lite after the key is inserted into the ignitions, no codes what is the problem?

The code reader that you are using, does it pick up manufacture specific codes or is it just a generic code reader? General Powertrain Module is usually related to emissions.

Or are you basing this off no CEL? Just because there is no CEL doesn't mean that there isn't codes present.

6.0 owners are typically painfully aware of this.

IGD

its not gonna throw a hard code for a security light fyi, you just have to have the right computer to get in there and read it

John Butto

ppl

I can't believe ppl are against education, you get what you put in it, Ive gotten two degrees already with both 4.0gpa and deans list, every minute was worth it to me
You did not major in english Sir, or that 4.0 grade point average would have drop. I do not think that the "ppl" are against education, it is the brick and mortar type that you have mentioned. I was told that when getting an education it is for you to help the world move forward with knowledge, not to used it to make more money for yourself. But that Sir is another subject that can arrived at by reading Tolstoy when having lunch.

IGD

You did not major in english Sir, or that 4.0 grade point average would have drop. I do not think that the "ppl" are against education, it is the brick and mortar type that you have mentioned. I was told that when getting an education it is for you to help the world move forward with knowledge, not to used it to make more money for yourself. But that Sir is another subject that can arrived at by reading Tolstoy when having lunch.
or maybe I don't apply "proper" english when i'm on a forum, cause I don't give a shi#

WildWestDesigns

probably but wouldn't know with out doing a reprogram, or getting in there with a solus or something.

PT DIAG as well, if you know someone that has a license to use that program which isn't easy to find.

yea thats not gonna work, you need a good computer to see those systems, like 10k plus scanner thats the way things work now a days

I thought Ford's IDS program was only 7k?

IGD

thats part of the CAN system and your not gonna get in there with auto enginuity code readers

WildWestDesigns

oh well not too familiar with it, and im not sure on the ids cost, i was just throwing a number out there

Yea, not only am I a software freak, but I have a moderately modified 6.0 PSD DRW that is pushing 508 on all four rear wheels, so code readers are never that far from that rig.

signage

You better go back to auto repair school! That scanner did show the problem but I have told the person before it was scanned what the problem was, he didn't believe I knew and had his buddy bring over the scan tool and it showed what I told him the problem was, the chip in the key had gone bad. I didn't need to go to school for automobiles to know this I have been working on automobiles since the early 70's without ever going to school for them. So all the school in the world will not do eveyone any good.

Also I have ran this problem by several of my Friends that are ASE certified and about half of them knew what the problem was!

IGD

You better go back to auto repair school! That scanner did show the problem but I have told the person before it was scanned what the problem was, he didn't believe I knew and had his buddy bring over the scan tool and it showed what I told him the problem was, the chip in the key had gone bad. I didn't need to go to school for automobiles to know this I have been working on automobiles since the early 70's without ever going to school for them. So all the school in the world will not do eveyone any good.

Also I have ran this problem by several of my Friends that are ASE certified and about half of them knew what the problem was!
lol im not argue with you,I turn wrenches in my sleep bro, and the first thing i said was the key program was probably the issue you need to learn how to READ correctly, Ill send you some hooked on phonics

WildWestDesigns

That's not surprising. There is a growing trend of that. I know some old timer techs for the 6.0 (but they are certified as well) that are worried about the people coming out of the program. Not all mind you, but in there experience there has been a growing downward trend in capability and they also noticed a lack of passion with the newbies. Passion for something helps a lot.

IGD

Yea, not only am I a software freak, but I have a moderately modified 6.0 PSD DRW that is pushing 508 on all four rear wheels, so code readers are never that far from that rig.
NICE, i have a 6.0 swapped 240sx, the lsx platform is my favorite v8 set up, also I love to use 5.3s cause they are a dime a dozen and ive made over 500 on a stock block lol

IGD

also signage, you have no idea what your talking about lol, try walking in a dealer with no schooling, even if you have been doin it 40yrs they will laugh at you all the way out the door hahaha, cars arent like the 70s anymore bro, my 6 yr old son could work on those cars,

Bigcat_hunter

I went to the Art institute of Seattle for a two year associate degree. It was worth every penny. No nonsense, just the basics of good design and computer skills. Without that schooling I would not be very happily self employed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.