• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

greetings from www.esigns.com

Marlene

I got answers to my questions and have added the site to my favorites. We get a lot of people calling for quick and cheap banners and I'd rather send them to site than to my direct competitors. Also it's a good source for a quick cheap banner when needed.

thanks

Last edited:

Air Art Girl

We ordered one. Just to see the quality and end product. We had been talking about making a sign for the local kids to use that do car wash fund raiser. We have been too busy to do it so we used this opportunity to have someone else do it and check it out.

MobileImpact

I don't believe he NEEDS a welcome.

I only took a quick peek at your site Stan, it looks good.
Good Luck

Yeah, I did some hunting and pecking also. I must give Stan credit, He has either built or paid for a great site. Do not agree with the pricing structure, and personally I want to do more than brush script letters sent out to a customer, but I think he has landed on a money maker!

S

Sign-Man Signs

How can you sell a 2ft. x 4ft magnetic for $80? I wouldn't get out of bed for less than $100... but then you haven't seen my little blonde, Linda!

I get out of bed every day to make a buck......one or a million. I hate that phrase. Either your extremely wealthy or extremely horny.

Lasvegassigns

THANKS FRED

I haven't had a chance to sign on to the board for awhile cause I have been so busy, but after seeing this thread I will have to think twice before signing on again.

It think it is a slap in the face to the people that come on here for you to let this guy put his url on here to help him on the search engines. I guess you don't care if you are helping him push other members out of the search results. I guess the couple bucks he gave you is worth more than the integrity of the site.

It's really to bad cause I really did find this board to be helpful over the last few years!

I don’t mind the contributing members when it is something that helps us like the big squeegee guy or a company that only sells wholesale to other sign shops, but to allow someone who is in direct competition to everyone here on the board to place his Spam url on this forum has really soured the signs101 site for me. Thanks for helping to hurt everyone on here.

Thanks Again Fred, this used to be my favorite site!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sorry you feel that way. I won't debate with you my reasons for allowing this thread or the difference in our opinions and perspectives.

SignManiac

Looks like some people are just too damn sensitive or either very insecure in their own business.

This guy isnt going to hurt anyone except for maybe himself. He isn't doing anything different than any of my direct competition here in my own town.

If a potential customer wants to buy cheap signs then let them. I'm sure you and everyone else on this board has bought something from Walmart before. You're no different than a customer that buys signs and doesnt want to spend more than they have to.

I sell high dollar signs for a reason and have deliberately chosen to cater to the high end market. I gladly let everyone else sell the Calvin pissing on Ford stickers. They are not my competition nor is anyone selling on the internet.

A bunch of paranoid insecure whiners a lot of you are. Grow up already and start minding your own business.

skyhigh

most of you are barking up the wrong tree.
This website will never bother any of you.
Most of you are worried about nothing in the grand schem of things. These kinds of sites come and go every day. It just so happens you know about this one because of private business deal. Personally it is none of my business and I dotn beleive it is anyoen else's business either.

Your probably right Techman. I would have to lean more towards your views on whether this will hurt me or not...BUT, let me continue.
When you have contributing members, I believe IT IS our business (if only to voice our displeasure), but its Fred's site, he can do as he sees fit. Granted, Stan (errr ESigns) is a contributor, those that I feel have a real complaint are the MERCHANT members

It think it is a slap in the face to the people that come on here for you to let this guy put his url on here to help him on the search engines. I guess you don't care if you are helping him push other members out of the search results. I guess the couple bucks he gave you is worth more than the integrity of the site.
A totally opposite view....slightly overreacting, but I can see where your coming from.

We ordered one. Just to see the quality and end product.
NO WAY!!!!!!!
Although I have always liked Stan, there are a bunch of "wholesale ONLY" companies that rival Esigns pricing for me to do business with.
No offense Stan.

I think there is more than what Fred has revealed so far....I will keep waiting for (as Paul Harvey would say)......."The Rest of the Story"

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think there is more than what Fred has revealed so far....I will keep waiting for (as Paul Harvey would say)......."The Rest of the Story"

There really isn't one. Simply put, we live in a civilization that uses open markets to sort out business ideas. I believe in free speech which includes allowing all civil points of view to be expressed. If some are offended by the concept of a low priced, direct to the public self design site, others may well be inspired to develop one of their own.

And if some are offended by the concept of a low priced, direct to the public self design site as a slap in the face and injurious to our industry, they might want to consider the effect of their own purchasing decisions when they deal with low balling distributors and manufacturers and buy hobby targeted equipment instead of professional quality, or pass around clipart and fonts as if they had no value.

I see no conflict with the goals and rights of our merchant members here. Stan is not attempting to sell anything to anyone here and no merchant offers anything I know of that would be effected by this thread.

And, to those who have posted their displeasure either with this thread or the concept of the www.esigns.com business model, you will also note that this forum provides you the right to express those views. What should not go unchallenged is the assertion that anyone else, including myself, should not have allowed the exposure of these ideas. Free speech is not a selective right.

skyhigh

I see no conflict with the goals and rights of our merchant members here. Stan is not attempting to sell anything to anyone here and no merchant offers anything I know of that would be effected by this thread.

:help: Wouldn't I45 signs been able (and appreciated the business) of selling AirArtGirl that banner she ordered? I also believe he spent alot of money to you, as a merchant member to enjoy that right.

Not arguing with you Fred.....as Tech more eloquently said... I don't really care (now that I know...there is NO more to the story).

bummer.

Lasvegassigns

It has nothing to Do with being insecure about my business at all, and I could care less about his cheap signs. I don't think about the people that want to give their work away for nothing, it has no effect on me.

My Problem is with this being done purely to help this guy with search engine ranking. And by the way taking money to artificially sway search results is against most search engines terms especcialy google. You may not only hurt this esigns guy but you could damage your own (signs101) search results if google was to read this thread.

They penalize links that are paid for with the intent to spam the search engines into pushing a site up higher in results.

It just kinda stinks because this is such a good site. I'm sure there is enough money out their from advertisers that you wouldn't have to take such manipulative measures.

And for the people that think this isn't spam you need to think again, posting something for the purpose of raising your search results is spam and is against the terms of every major search engine.

And by the way if Google was to consider signs101 a site that is excepting payments to artificially sway it's results it could hurt everyone here. It could hurt anyone who has a link back to there own site.

Is this really the way that you want this forum to go?

skyhigh

Maybe I should have went back and read the initial post, although I'm not sure it effected my point of view much.

Technically, he's not offering his services as a merchant....although some (including myself) read it as such.

This is what I'd call "a real fine line".

What would be the difference if you get a new member with the screen name of "Wholesaler" (or something similiarly intriguing), along with a link to their website in their profile, simply to circumvent the merchant member price?

Are you trying to sell me a sign?

skyhigh

It just kinda stinks because this is such a good site. I'm sure there is enough money out their from advertisers that you wouldn't have to take such manipulative measures.
BULLCRAP!!!!!!!
Evidently you are not a very good judge of character. As I stated in my previous post, I would say this was a "fine line" judgment call on Fred's part.....nothing more nothing less.

Fred sweats and bleeds integrity for Signs101. If you havn't figured that out by now, maybe this isn't the place for you.

gvgraphics

The funny thing about this thread is the more you all complain about it and Fred post to explain or defend his decision on his site the more you all help to promote this site that you all dislike so much.

Think about it, Fred responds with www.esigns.com in his post and all it does is help to promote the site more.

Opps, I just helped!

Techman

just to let a few of you know,,,
Other sites use hidden pages with a lot more going on than you will ever know. I had the pleasure to admin other sites and know of which I speak. This bizz deal is in the sunshine and that should be enough.

So quit with the pissing and moaning and focus on building your own business into a powerhouse of integrity.

Lasvegassigns

BULLCRAP!!!!!!!
Evidently you are not a very good judge of character. As I stated in my previous post, I would say this was a "fine line" judgment call on Fred's part.....nothing more nothing less.

Fred sweats and bleeds integrity for Signs101. If you haven't figured that out by now, maybe this isn't the place for you.

Never said anything about his character, All I am doing is stating the facts.

Letting someone give you money to place there url in your forum or on a webpage is against the rules of every major search engine. It hurts everyone on the board that has a link to their site. Google penalizes sites for this kind of thing. All advertising links should have a nofollow tag.

FOR EVERYONE THAT THINKS THIS IS A GOOD IDEA.
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=66736&topic=8524

Still think it's not going to hurt signs101 or other members? Just trying to help the site that has helped me!
Get mad at me if you want I really don't care I just am pointing out the absurdity of the post.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Never said anything about his character, All I am doing is stating the facts.

Letting someone give you money to place there url in your forum or on a webpage is against the rules of every major search engine. It hurts everyone on the board that has a link to their site. Google penalizes sites for this kind of thing. All advertising links should have a nofollow tag.

FOR EVERYONE THAT THINKS THIS IS A GOOD IDEA.
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=66736&topic=8524

Still think it's not going to hurt signs101 or other members? Just trying to help the site that has helped me!
Get mad at me if you want I really don't care I just am pointing out the absurdity of the post.

I see your point regarding potential for harm to Signs 101 but do not see it as to any of its members. I do not, however, believe that with 22,186 threads at this writing and over a quarter of a million posts, Google will be blacklisting us.

We could also get into a long discussion about some of Google's rules and the relative lack of importance of Google to Signs 101.

Let's just agree to disagree. :cool1:

Lasvegassigns

Agreed! :signs101:

By the way never meant to imply anything bad about your character, anyone who takes the time to help people can't be that bad of a guy.